Cannot input my entire library :)
You must be doing something wrong are you sure your Advancedsettings.xml is correct and in the right place it should tell you in you log what is in your Advancedsettings.xml if its wrong it will have an error

With your cars fake file

Your advanced settings should contain this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|C|D|V|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   <regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Where it goes depends on whether you installed in portable mode or not like I said I tested it first on titles not getting added
>>X<<' Wrote:You must be doing something wrong are you sure your Advancedsettings.xml is correct and in the right place it should tell you in you log what is in your Advancedsettings.xml if its wrong it will have an error

Where it goes depends on whether you installed in portable mode or not like I said I tested it first on title not getting added

YEEEESSSSSS........
Intresting, well the difference between your code and the one I have in the xml file is your code has <advancedsettings> as the first and last line, mine does not and starts with what is your second line... <video>

As far as where the file goes, my instalation was not portable... so do you know which IS the correct place to put it?

Tx a lot!
Mark.
Looking at your log it goes in

Code:
C:\Users\madina\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

While your in that folder you might want to go in the "Database" folder and delete the "MyVideos34.db" which will basically delete the library you have now so your starting from new again, your have to set content on your source again if you do that though
>>X<<' Wrote:Looking at your log it goes in

Code:
C:\Users\madina\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

While your in that folder you might want to go in the "Database" folder and delete the "MyVideos34.db" which will basically delete the library you have now so your starting from new again, your have to set content on your source again if you do that though

excellent, thanks mate,
yep, that madina user is on my wife's computer, so I know where to put it on the other computers... great.
im busy scanning again, so once again, thank you all very much for your time and care, people like you are what makes forums like this priceless,
THANKS
Mark.
Hi Mark,

Sorry i haven't been on to catch up with you, work has been a little crazy.

>>X<<
Is right about the <advancedsettings> tag at the top and </advancedsettings> tag at the bottom. I missed that when i was browsing over the layout information. Sorry about that.

His additions may also get you what you need, but i think they may miss the numbers after the D- part. Worth a try at any rate since he seems to have it working on his end.

Also, just to clarify, the append command basically adds the "<regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>" line onto the other two lines XBMC already uses.

So you see this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings action="append">
   <regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

but XBMC sees this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|[url]www.www|cd[/url][1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   [b]<regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>[/b]
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
I did it that way because the XBMC developers may change their lines at some point and you would have to manually update them in your advancedsettings file later.

Best of luck!
NightStormWolf Wrote:Hi Mark,

Best of luck!

Thanks very much for your help too NightStormWolf, Im busy with a scan right now, will see what the results are like... but 1000 movies are a major groooaaaan.... to scan, but hey, once its done, its such a pleasure, especially with the XBMC app for android, its fantastic!

Cheers,
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:...especially with the XBMC app for android, its fantastic!

Laugh You too huh? That was one of the major reasons for dumping my attempts at getting boxee working. The android app lets me control everything from the living room TV while the computer is 50 foot away in the back room.
NightStormWolf Wrote:Laugh You too huh? That was one of the major reasons for dumping my attempts at getting boxee working. The android app lets me control everything from the living room TV while the computer is 50 foot away in the back room.

yep! ive had a long journey, a popcorn hour c200 box, then boxee then i bought JRiver Media Center for $50, then saw the xbmc app for android and have been doing whatever I can to make xbmc work for me ever since... some pro's and cons though, boxee is much better with its apps, and the ease of finding great internet video sites, JRiver has an awesome Theatre Mode for listening to music and viewing a slide show of album art that is dynamically downloaded as you listen and is semi-transparent behind album art, review, track listing etc... xbmc seems very powerful, but reminds me of the high level of tech-geekness you need to be able to work popcorn hour properly. I wanna just enjoy my media!

cheers mate,
Mark.
The only thing i really use for apps around here is Netflix, and everything plays Netflix anymore... well almost everything.

The new Dharma version of XBMC has a slick app/plugin system. Just pick what you want from the list, hit install and your done. I have the Hulu plugin up and going in my setup and it works rather well... when the internet here plays nice that is. Sad Also have a plugin for Revision3 and Shoutcast Radio.

But mostly i'm encoding my DVD library into my server for instant playback with no disk hunting, menus you cant skip, or endless outdated previews. I'm also kind of a perfectionist... i'm putting in all the trailers for my movies so someone can preview it before watching. Laugh
NightStormWolf Wrote:The only thing i really use for apps around here is Netflix, and everything plays Netflix anymore... well almost everything.

The new Dharma version of XBMC has a slick app/plugin system. Just pick what you want from the list, hit install and your done. I have the Hulu plugin up and going in my setup and it works rather well... when the internet here plays nice that is. Sad Also have a plugin for Revision3 and Shoutcast Radio.

But mostly i'm encoding my DVD library into my server for instant playback with no disk hunting, menus you cant skip, or endless outdated previews. I'm also kind of a perfectionist... i'm putting in all the trailers for my movies so someone can preview it before watching. Laugh

Hey mate
I guess its that boxee has way more than xbmc, the ones i miss are engaget show, hd nation, vimeo, facebook feed of friend's videos and facebook photo album viewing. Then boxee also has a much more intuitive method of adding "watch folders".

You sound about as nuts as I, though Im more nuts with my music collection, vinyl, cd, mp3/flac, all categorised and stored as if I have some autistic disorder... perhaps i do Wink

catcha later!
Mark.
NightStormWolf Wrote:Hi Mark,

>>X<<
Is right about the <advancedsettings> tag at the top and </advancedsettings> tag at the bottom. I missed that when i was browsing over the layout information. Sorry about that.

His additions may also get you what you need, but i think they may miss the numbers after the D- part. Worth a try at any rate since he seems to have it working on his end.

Also, just to clarify, the append command basically adds the "<regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>" line onto the other two lines XBMC already uses.

So you see this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

but XBMC sees this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|[url]www.www|cd[/url][1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   [b]<regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>[/b]
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
I did it that way because the XBMC developers may change their lines at some point and you would have to manually update them in your advancedsettings file later.

Best of luck!

lol I hadn't even seen your code on the other page all I read is it still wasn't working, note to self read all posts carefully Rolleyes

Yeah yours is the 100% correct solution however it didn't seem to make any difference I guess not many movies have three numbers at the end of the title
>>X<<' Wrote:lol I hadn't even seen your code on the other page all I read is it still wasn't working, note to self read all posts carefully Rolleyes

Yeah yours is the 100% correct solution however it didn't seem to make any difference I guess not many movies have three numbers at the end of the title

Don't feel too bad... i've done that more then you think and i've only just joined. Wink

No, in this case he's using a special naming scheme he wants to keep. I just hope it works... that first line of regex hurts my brain. Laugh If it removes any part mine needs to match, we'll need to change the "append" command to "prepend" so mine goes first.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hey mate
I guess its that boxee has way more than xbmc, the ones i miss are engaget show, hd nation, vimeo, facebook feed of friend's videos and facebook photo album viewing. Then boxee also has a much more intuitive method of adding "watch folders".

Hehe, sound's like you should be in the suggestions thread! Wink

fredphoesh Wrote:You sound about as nuts as I, though Im more nuts with my music collection, vinyl, cd, mp3/flac, all categorised and stored as if I have some autistic disorder... perhaps i do Wink

catcha later!
Mark.

Thankfully most of my music is already in MP3 since i use napster and online stores. I haven't even thought about encoding the 20-30 CD's i have yet, but i'm sure that's coming if i don't run out of hard drive space before hand.

I only have like one or two records since that was before my time and i'm not all that crazy about christmas music. :p

My dad has a video disk player we used to play with all the time. (Link) You would load up the disk, watch half the movie and then flip the disk to watch the other half... He still has over 60+ of them and the player too.
hi guys,

just for the record, im using a combo of your advice! Seems to be working just fine...
my only one gripe is that the IMDB lookup seems to be looking for the IMDB Original Name of the movie, so for example Bagdad Cafe is not found by xbmc as a movie, but as a TV series, one has to manually find the movie called Out of Rosenheim. But in general it works very well, thanks again to you two!

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
fredphoesh Wrote:hi guys,

just for the record, im using a combo of your advice! Seems to be working just fine...
my only one gripe is that the IMDB lookup seems to be looking for the IMDB Original Name of the movie, so for example Bagdad Cafe is not found by xbmc as a movie, but as a TV series, one has to manually find the movie called Out of Rosenheim. But in general it works very well, thanks again to you two!

I'm glad it's finally working for you Mark. Enjoy your collection and remember to think of the poor server that's having to answer your 1000 movie requests. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot input my entire library :)0