Cannot input my entire library :)
NightStormWolf Wrote:Yes, you have to manually create it when you want special settings. If that doesn't work let me know.

See post above yours... i added full code.

thanks a lot mate
off right now to see julia roberts with the wife... but will def check that out later
and i will report back,
cheers
Mark.
so Ive made this code, adding your bit to the default and will test it out later
tx!!!

<video>
<cleanstrings>
<regexp>(d|D|c|C)\-[0-9]*</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|http://www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
<regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
</cleanstrings>
</video>
Some extra corrections for you. Smile

I noticed some of your files also have a V in the filename.
ex: The Pink Panther.V-027.avi

Also, according to the wiki you should be able to leave the original lines out and simply append the changes you need. This will clean things up and prevent any problems down the line if XBMC gets updated lines.

So here goes...
Code:
<video>
  <cleanstrings action="append">
   <regexp>(d|D|c|C|v|V)\-[0-9]*</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
You realize you can see the path to a file in most skins from movie info

If you did want to create folders from a text list its simple

Create a list in notepad call it "movielist" put it where you want to create the directories then cd to there and paste the following into cmd

Code:
FOR /F "delims=~" %f in (movielist.txt) DO MD "%f"
Happy to see some activity with this - though you lost me from post #11. Good luck.
NightStormWolf, >>X<< and steelman1991

Thanks guys, Ive just seen eat pray love and now will test out the script, and the folder thing as im really curious about that... I will report back.

Its fantastic to have such helpful and knowledgeable people out there, very much appreciated!

tx
Mark.
>>X<<' Wrote:You realize you can see the path to a file in most skins from movie info

If you did want to create folders from a text list its simple

Create a list in notepad call it "movielist" put it where you want to create the directories then cd to there and paste the following into cmd

Code:
FOR /F "delims=~" %f in (movielist.txt) DO MD "%f"

WOW!
that actually works!

I am busy scanning using the advancedsettings file ive put in
C:\Users\mark\AppData\XBMC\userdata

but this is a great tip, thanks!
Mark.
steelman1991 Wrote:Happy to see some activity with this - though you lost me from post #11. Good luck.

The advancedsettings.xml file can be used to change some of the default settings in XBMC. In this case, all we are doing is adding a line to ignore the D-### in the filenames. Much in the same way XBMC already ignores the .avi or .mkv extensions when it searches.

Hopefully it works as the wiki says it does because i'm all out of ideas after that. Smile
Hi guys,

I managed to get a lot more results by using IMDB, but I am not sure the advancedsettings are working because, for example,

Cars.D-133.avi

resulted in

13:de mars 1941 - some horror film set in 1941...

When I do a manual REscan, I get about 20 results, and incredibly, none of them are for the movie Cars.

Extremely odd.

Mark.
My syntax (the way the regexp is written) could also be wrong... try this instead:

Code:
<video>
   <regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

PS: Make sure to erase the old one completely. The above code is all you should have in your advancedsettings.xml file.
NightStormWolf Wrote:My syntax (the way the regexp is written) could also be wrong... try this instead:

Code:
<video>
   <regexp>[dDcCvV]\-[0-9]*</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

PS: Make sure to erase the old one completely. The above code is all you should have in your advancedsettings.xml file.

hey there NightStormWolf...
I will try that out right now...
Im really glad someone who knows a lot more than me is helping out, its a major turbo boost in knowledge id need, that codes stuff...

i will report back soon
tx
Mark.
hi mate
I am wondering if the command "append" is the right choice...

ive have replaced advancedsettings.xml in both user and program files xbmc userdata folders, and still get wierd results, like for the movie "skin", I get
23 skiddoo, then Tesna koza 2 then 28 days in rehab...

when i search "skin" in imdb on my pc, i get the movie skin as top choice, so I can only guess the code is not working for some reason.

dang, I wish this was easier...

Mark.
<cleanstrings>
Contains regular expressions to clean unwanted chars from filenames or folders

I wonder if that means it cleans unwanted characters from the DISPLAY of the movies, so it removes .avi etc, rather than removes unwanted characters before doing the scraping?

What do you think?
Mark.
Guys its not as complicated as you think you only need to add the disk letter that's in the file name so C D V if that's all and I haven't missed any all the other strings are take care of already

All you need is

Code:
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|C|D|V|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

I tested on a few using IMDB scraper and it now ignores that part and adds those previously missed titles

@fredphoesh

If the scraper gets some wrong like "loose change" because that part of the string is now cleaned you can just click info then refresh and your get a list of titles just choose the correct one

If titles aren't added at all go into files and use info refresh if its still cant identify the title then its either not on imdb or its not found under that name in which case look on imdb yourself and add the imdb url to a nfo then scrape it again

For example

911 loose change.D-116.nfo

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1394268/

I used the latest version of XBMC with IMDB scraper, your probably find it adds most now just gets some wrong but that's just normal behavior on titles with similar names or same name different year etc
>>X<<' Wrote:Guys its not as complicated as you think you only need to add the disk letter that's in the file name so C D V if that's all and I haven't missed any all the other strings are take care of already

All you need is

Code:
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|C|D|V|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

Hi there, thanks for the input, but it also does not work.
Try adding Cars.D-133.avi to your library, you will get 13:de mars 1941 instead!
I have put advancedsettings.xml with your code in four places:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
C:\Users\mark\AppData\XBMC\userdata
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
and the code makes no difference...
Could you try add Cars.D-133.avi to the library please?
Tx
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot input my entire library :)0