Can we get Container.Viewmode(offest) ?
Would it be possible to add the ability to get Container.Viewmode(offset).

I want to load the next and previous viewmode names and images.
To learn more, click here.
Can this be done?
Probably, but not now. A patch would be welcome - see GUIViewControl.cpp
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Probably, but not now. A patch would be welcome - see GUIViewControl.cpp

Please explain further...
He is saying feel free to break out your c++ coding skills and edit GUIViewControl.cpp to add the stuff you need yourself and then send a patch with the changed code back to Team XBMC so it can be put into future versions and made available to all skins to use
It'd be useful if you give reasons why you'd want to do this, so that we can see whether it's something useful in general, or just a nice to have because of the way you designed your skin that differs from other skins due to asthetics.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It'd be useful if you give reasons why you'd want to do this, so that we can see whether it's something useful in general, or just a nice to have because of the way you designed your skin that differs from other skins due to asthetics.

I think it could be used in the same way DJH used when Aeon was first released. Remember you hit Viewtype the you taken to a screen of 4 pics:
Up- Showcase
Down - List
Left - Multiplex
Right - Coverflow

Something like that and there was greyish images to go into each section, actually as I type if he did it way back then you should be able to do it now. He probably used buttons using SetFocus(), something along those lines....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Same way Mediastream did it - they had lots of code so that they knew each viewmode and just made the buttons go that that one viewmode.

As I say, I'm not opposed, just don't see "because we can" as a valid reason for doing things Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

I essentially want to do what Mcborzu mentioned. Have a list of different views and have the user be able to look at the icons that represent each view.
Then hard code it, should be pretty easy I think... and not that much code.
Container.SetViewMode(id)
Hitcher Wrote:Container.SetViewMode(id)

Thanks Hitcher. I made the buttons to change views. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we get Container.Viewmode(offest) ?0