[New Feature] Recently Added Home Page
I created a custom page for when users click on the HOME button. Previously this button didnt do anything. Now it opens a page with shelves containing the 10 most recent movies, episodes, and songs. It will also have shelves that include the custom-defined scripts and plugins.

Screenshots

------

-----

To learn more, click here.
this is cool and looks great.
Is it available or it will be in next release?
Looking good. That's what I love about you mods for Confluence, and now the Shade skin. Lots of options for the user.

-hogfan
Malexx Wrote:this is cool and looks great.
Is it available or it will be in next release?

Will be in next release or follow the SVN.
This is very nice. Thank you very much for the time you`ve put in this

I have a couple od comments

1)I think it need a better background (similar to the shelves)
2)The movies and the music items could be closer together
3)A fallback image when a cover/poster doesn`t exist
ederson Wrote:This is very nice. Thank you very much for the time you`ve put in this

I have a couple od comments

1)I think it need a better background (similar to the shelves)
2)The movies and the music items could be closer together
3)A fallback image when a cover/poster doesn`t exist

Do you have any suggestions for a different background.
something like this (i know this is isn`t suitable but i don`t have time now, i`ll search for something better later. this just to ahow what i mean)

since the shelves look like a wooden bookcase i think the background should be similar
but that`s a matter of personal taste , it`s not important
UPDATE. Check original post.
i see one thing on this newest update. I see that the rss ticker works, but i'm wondering about the placement:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb259...hot007.png

is this where its supposed to go?

Also, I love the shelves on the home page. Beautiful. Possible bug though. Are the items on the shelf meant to be selectable? Is it possible to view the movie/tv/whatever info as if it was in the library? #2, it only pulled the latest 4 movies/episodes added to the library
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb259...hot008.png
(don't make fun of the movies/tv shows. i have much betterLaugh)

thanks for all the work, on behalf of those of us who can't.Cool
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:i see one thing on this newest update. I see that the rss ticker works, but i'm wondering about the placement:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb259...hot007.png

is this where its supposed to go?

Also, I love the shelves on the home page. Beautiful. Possible bug though. Are the items on the shelf meant to be selectable? Is it possible to view the movie/tv/whatever info as if it was in the library? #2, it only pulled the latest 4 movies/episodes added to the library
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb259...hot008.png
(don't make fun of the movies/tv shows. i have much betterLaugh)

thanks for all the work, on behalf of those of us who can't.Cool

First off, there is an update to the new feature that I havent uploaded yet. That should fix a lot of things. They are selectable and should play the item you select. Make sure the recntly added script is installed and working correctly. Try it on the home screen and see if it pulls 5 movies there.

Secondly, I designed the RSS Feed to go there b/c it aligns with the bottom section(when it is active). I forgot to take in to account that some people dont use it. Therefore, I will add an animation to slide it to the bottom if the bottom section is disabled.

Thanks for finding issues and reporting them.
igotdvds Wrote:They are selectable and should play the item you select.
Yeah, they are. I'm an idiot cause i did not have the hard drive with the movies plugged in. Sorry bout that one, mate. I'll wait for the update and hope for the info function!
Quote:Make sure the recntly added script is installed and working correctly. Try it on the home screen and see if it pulls 5 movies there.
i checked. its there, works in at least one other skin. Still only 4 entries. NO music/cd's show up on the shelves either. Is there a modded script.recentlyadded out there that i should be using?

one other thing. when a shelf loses focus, you can see through the movie/episode sitting there to the shelf its sitting on, ie. it becomes transparent. (i just noticed it in the above screenshot)
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:Yeah, they are. I'm an idiot cause i did not have the hard drive with the movies plugged in. Sorry bout that one, mate. I'll wait for the update and hope for the info function!

i checked. its there, works in at least one other skin. Still only 4 entries. NO music/cd's show up on the shelves either. Is there a modded script.recentlyadded out there that i should be using?

one other thing. when a shelf loses focus, you can see through the movie/episode sitting there to the shelf its sitting on, ie. it becomes transparent. (i just noticed it in the above screenshot)

Yeah, I made them transparent but I may change it to a black overlay.

The recently script is the same one from the home screen, it doesnt run anything separate. Really strange that you see mixed results. Lets see if anyone else sees this.
Have some problem with the background. I tried the latest git version, but the background is always just black. But the grey design from the screenshot (1st post) looks much better.
sonic00 Wrote:Have some problem with the background. I tried the latest git version, but the background is always just black. But the grey design from the screenshot (1st post) looks much better.

I havent updated the GIT yet. I will tonight.
Is the shelf recently added on the latest version?

Cant get it working, still the same old recently added list on under movies and tv shows. I am using the apple remote if that makes a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Recently Added Home Page0