multi library
Do we have multi library functionality in the new dharma release ? for example i like to have my english movies seperate from other language moviens.
If you mean the merge of the video files and the video library, then I think that it will not be already included in the dharma final.

However, you can still use movie sets for different kind of movies, but that's just an alternative solution.
No, currently i do use "set" functionality.

However this force me to have to do it manualy everytime. by adding the "set" tag on every movie.

It would be nice with different Libraries. when importing movie we shall be asked to what library we like to import that movies to... and the library names and the number of libaries shall be decided by the end user.

I would love to see this feature... thought it would be available in dharma release....
it won't be in dharma, at least it is not listed on the roadmap page.
Use Ember to edit the genre of your foreign movies then use a smart playlist to filter them and stick a shortcut to the playlist on your home menu.
nokmond Wrote:Use Ember to edit the genre of your foreign movies then use a smart playlist to filter them and stick a shortcut to the playlist on your home menu.

That sounds great! Thanks for the workaround.
Again editing genre of my foreign movies would be the same as adding the "set tag" on every movie right ? or am i wrong here?

I still have to process every movie manually right ?
No its not the same as doing sets. Get EMM and it won't take long at all.
Did you think of creating a smart playlist I think you'll get what you want this way. Nod
Nokmond:
what is EMM ?

OLAFVS:
smart playlist i dont find a operator or parameter that fit my needs ?

album Album the song appears on
artist Artist of the song
albumartist Artist of the album the song appears on
genre Genre of the song
title Title of the song
year Year of the song
tracknumber Track number of the song
time Duration of the song
playcount Number of times the song has been played
filename Filename of the song (excluding path)
lastplayed Date/time of last time the song was played
rating User rating of the song (from 1-5). 0 signifies no rating.
comment Comment tag of the song
playlist Whether the song is in the given playlist

The operator attribute specifies the rule that should be used to match the parameter to the field. All matching is done case-insensitive. The allowed operators are

contains True if the field contains the parameter as a substring
doesnotcontain True if the field does not contain the parameter as a substring
is True if the field matches the parameter exactly (case insensitive)
isnot True if the field does not match the parameter exactly (case insensitive)
startswith True if the start of the field matches the parameter
endswith True if the end of the field matches the parameter
lessthan True if the content of the field is is less than the parameter
greaterthan True if the content of the field is is greater than the parameter
inthelast True if the field falls in the last range specified by the parameter. Only applicable for a date field.
notinthelast True if the field does not fall in the last range specified by the parameter. Only applicable for a date field.
nero12 Wrote:Nokmond:
what is EMM ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348
If you separate the videos in your file structure, you can easily create smart playlists using a "path contains" filter.

If you have all your english movies under something like
v:\movies\english
and your other language movies under
v:\movies\foreign

you could create a playlist that has movie content and the filter set to show only movies with a path containing "english".
Brent212 Wrote:If you separate the videos in your file structure, you can easily create smart playlists using a "path contains" filter.

If you have all your english movies under something like
v:\movies\english
and your other language movies under
v:\movies\foreign

you could create a playlist that has movie content and the filter set to show only movies with a path containing "english".
But then you can just simply hit movies on home screen and then select which "playlist" you want and then have library view? Or am i wrong?
evlo Wrote:But then you can just simply hit movies on home screen and then select which "playlist" you want and then have library view? Or am i wrong?

Correct
The best way around I find, is to use 2 users (One for each type of movie).

Each one has his own library and sources, then I create a macro to quickly change between with eventghost...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multi library0