• 31(current)
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!
zipsnet Wrote:Looking at "PVRDatabase.cpp" I see the addon is creating none of the mysql tables. Is that normal ??

This table "channels" i created it my self once I saw the first error in the log, thinking that was it, but it has been removed manually.

Thanks
Sorry for all the confusion, I have uploaded 2 more logs

http://paste.ubuntu.com/582112/

http://paste.ubuntu.com/582115/

Maybe this will give you a clue why is not working, I have not idea why, I have followed your instructions, compiled , etc, etc, and nothing

Thanks very much
the myth addon is doing something strange. it's sending the same channels multiple times (which would be correct if you have the same channel multiple times in myth itself too, but I doubt that) I do see those channels have different channel IDs, so it's alright on the pvrmanager's side.

the reason that you can't play channels is logged too:
Code:
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817499648   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 23056
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817499648   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 23056, got version 23056
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817470976   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_recorder_check_channel: cmyth_rcv_okay() failed (-1)
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817470976   ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder
looks like you're using a version of myth that can't communicate (correctly) with the addon.

but I'm just looking at the logs here. I haven't used myth for years. so someone else will probably have an explanation for this Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
hmm, I'm using mythbackend version: branches/release-0-23-fixes [26437]

Only think I can see in mythbackend's log is :

2011-03-18 10:40:33.438 MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 23056!
2011-03-18 10:40:33.496 MainServer, Warning: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0x2125280)
2011-03-18 10:40:33.509 MainServer::ANN Playback

over and over, which I think it's ok since the addon tries to connect first with version 8 ... other than that, there's nothing in mythbackend's log ..

wow im lost here !
dushmaniac Wrote:the myth addon is doing something strange. it's sending the same channels multiple times (which would be correct if you have the same channel multiple times in myth itself too, but I doubt that) I do see those channels have different channel IDs, so it's alright on the pvrmanager's side.

the reason that you can't play channels is logged too:
Code:
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817499648   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 23056
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817499648   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 23056, got version 23056
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817470976   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_recorder_check_channel: cmyth_rcv_okay() failed (-1)
10:24:43 T:140650014160640 M:5817470976   ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder
looks like you're using a version of myth that can't communicate (correctly) with the addon.

This could be the same problem I had a while ago (ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder) and the reason was the fact that livetv can't get recorder if mythtv's card id(s) have value 16 or greater (see post #386 and later). You could check if this is the case by running a query:
Code:
SELECT cardid,videodevice  FROM  `capturecard`;
jms-xbmc Wrote:This could be the same problem I had a while ago (ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder) and the reason was the fact that livetv can't get recorder if mythtv's card id(s) have value 16 or greater (see post #386 and later). You could check if this is the case by running a query:
Code:
SELECT cardid,videodevice  FROM  `capturecard`;

I get the following

mysql> SELECT cardid,videodevice FROM `capturecard`;
+--------+-----------------------------+
| cardid | videodevice |
| 1 | /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Is the development of the MythTV PVR add-on still active? I haven't seen any commits to dteirney's git repo since early February.
dteirney told me he has been busy with other things lately and he has been on holiday.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi folks,
I'm confused no end in trying to get a working mythtv-pvr setup. First I went with opdenkamp git only to find the mythtv-pvr addon was broken (configured greyed out). I then pulled dteirney's git and built that but can't find any PVR addons in the repo at all to add and no pvr clients are enabled by default. Am I missing something? Any help much appreciated.
Don't panic! I figured it out. I'd neglected to switch branches before compiling.

It works quite well but the UI still needs work. No flattening of TV shows is a big issue and the usual generic issues xbmc UI workflow is apparent (back or esc to exit?, shows left running in the background, etc).

Still, nice to see search functionality. It's looking good.
mongrol Wrote:Hi folks,
I'm confused no end in trying to get a working mythtv-pvr setup. First I went with opdenkamp git only to find the mythtv-pvr addon was broken (configured greyed out). I then pulled dteirney's git and built that but can't find any PVR addons in the repo at all to add and no pvr clients are enabled by default. Am I missing something? Any help much appreciated.

Confirm!

mythtv-pvr addon "configuration" is greyed out? how can I configure it to connect to the mythtvbackend?

thanks
dteirney is working on updating the mythtv add-on so it works in the latest pvr tree too. I still got to check something out for him too, but haven't had the time to do it yet.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

atom83 Wrote:Confirm!

mythtv-pvr addon "configuration" is greyed out? how can I configure it to connect to the mythtvbackend?

thanks

if the code is complete and working you can build as follows:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
git branch -a
git checkout remotes/origin/pvr
./bootstrap
./configure
make -j2
make install

i build the current code:

recorded tv works fine but live tv gives:

DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'BBC ONE'
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr]
NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
DEBUG: Thread CDVDPlayer 62004080 terminating
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackStopped from xbmc
DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message PlaybackStopped

i assume dteirney has not finished the code yet, so sit tight.
All Things PVR
Hi,

I would really like to compile the myth addon to try on a windows machine. I can get the pvr branch from git to compile using VS Studio 2010 but the myth addon does not have a VS project so it will not compile with all the other pvr addons. Is there a way I can do this?
robweber Wrote:Hi,

I would really like to compile the myth addon to try on a windows machine. I can get the pvr branch from git to compile using VS Studio 2010 but the myth addon does not have a VS project so it will not compile with all the other pvr addons. Is there a way I can do this?

just a shot in the dark here but make a vs2010 file yourself ?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!8