• 33(current)
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!
dteirney Wrote:I've added in the change for the string based unique recording ID and pushed that change to my pvr branch in github.

Most of what is left for the Timers is testing of the SQL statements (and turning on that functionality in the configuration). If someone is able to test the SQL statements that would help.

I don't have much more time to work on this before I head away on holiday for a while.

What is the best approach to testing these?

I should be able to test these over the next few evenings and possibly have a look at the associated code.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04
All Things PVR
SQL to test with (for anyone that dares). I've got a copy of the mythconverg database that I've been using. I've tested the following on that, but haven't tested that the scheduler then works with the newly inserted information.

INSERT INTO record (type, chanid, starttime, startdate, endtime, enddate, title, description, startoffset, endoffset) VALUES (%i, %i, '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', %i, %i);

Once the row is inserted I'll need to use the Myth Protocol to trigger the backend scheduler to run and pick up the change.

I'm not going to have time to test before I jump on a plane early next week.

"DELETE FROM record WHERE recordid = " + recordid
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
dubstar_04 Wrote:What is the best approach to testing these?

I should be able to test these over the next few evenings and possibly have a look at the associated code.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

Wicked. SQL is in the ScheduleCommands1254.cpp file. I've just pushed up another commit that wires in the Add and Delete code. In theory it should all work, but I haven't had time to test and won't before I head away on holiday. I'll be monitoring the forums every now and then while away so post any updates on any testing you are able to do.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
dteirney Wrote:Wicked. SQL is in the ScheduleCommands1254.cpp file. I've just pushed up another commit that wires in the Add and Delete code. In theory it should all work, but I haven't had time to test and won't before I head away on holiday. I'll be monitoring the forums every now and then while away so post any updates on any testing you are able to do.

Thanks.

I will back up my database and see how i get on. I might post some additional 'how to' posts and see if anyone else can have a go.

have a nice holiday.
All Things PVR
Guys,

Not sure if this is relevant or not so just ignore me if that's the case.

I'm running Dharma on Mythbuntu 10.10 and use xbmc as my mythtv frontend (scheduling is done via MythWeb, don't watch LiveTV through MythTV).

I wrote a script (see signature) that sets an ACPI alarm based on the next scheduled MythTV recording. The script checks if MythTV is busy (via "mythshutdown -s") and looks to see if XBMC is active and, if not, sets the alarm and suspends the machine.

It would be great if this functionality could be built in as part of the mythtv client add-on.

el_P

note: it was the first Python code I ever wrote so be gentle! It works though!!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
First thanks dteirney for the work your doing here, much appreciated.

I run a split backend / frontend MythTV configuration which is working fine,
but for some reason the XBMC-PVR frontend is having a problem playing any of my channels which use a cam. I've tried increasing the timeout to the maximum of 30 but still no joy.

I'm not sure how the XBMC-PVR MythTV PVR client works out when there is a channel lock,
but I have noticed that when using MythTV as a client, channels that use a cam show a lock as LMSC (Instead of LMS).

Is there any way to show the lock information in XBMC ?
sp00ge Wrote:First thanks dteirney for the work your doing here, much appreciated.

I run a split backend / frontend MythTV configuration which is working fine,
but for some reason the XBMC-PVR frontend is having a problem playing any of my channels which use a cam. I've tried increasing the timeout to the maximum of 30 but still no joy.

I'm not sure how the XBMC-PVR MythTV PVR client works out when there is a channel lock,
but I have noticed that when using MythTV as a client, channels that use a cam show a lock as LMSC (Instead of LMS).

Is there any way to show the lock information in XBMC ?

Do you have any information in the mythtv-backend log?
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:Do you have any information in the mythtv-backend log?

Not really,
I've enabled verbose logging and can see a lot of these

Code:
2011-09-08 21:04:09.568 MythEvent: SIGNAL 1
2011-09-08 21:04:09.568 MythSocket(14b1560:48): write -> 48 590     BACKEND_MESSAGE[]:[]SIGNAL 1[]:[]Channel Tuned[]:[]tuned 3 3 0 3 ...
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocketThread(sock 0x14dda30:49): socket is readable
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocketThread(sock 0x14dda30:49): calling m_cb->readyRead()
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocket(14dda30:49): UpRef: 2
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocket(14dda30:49): read  <- 49 49      QUERY_FILETRANSFER 70[]:[]REQUEST_BLOCK[]:[]65536
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocket(14dda30:49): write -> 49 2       -1
2011-09-08 21:04:09.569 MythSocket(14dda30:49): DownRef: 1

before seeing

Code:
2011-09-08 21:04:09.616 MythSocket(14dda30:49): UpRef: 2
2011-09-08 21:04:09.616 MythSocket(14dda30:49): read  <- 49 32      QUERY_RECORDER 1[]:[]STOP_LIVETV
2011-09-08 21:04:09.617 TVRec(1): StopLiveTV(void) curRec: 0x7f02dc018ac0 pseudoRec: 0x0
2011-09-08 21:04:09.618 TVRec(1): Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Not had too much luck with timers yet, i have posted some backtraces; i can't figure out whats causing this. its driving me mad.

http://pastebin.com/pf6ruUUk

http://pastebin.com/faGDmqJG
All Things PVR
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Guys,

Not sure if this is relevant or not so just ignore me if that's the case.

I'm running Dharma on Mythbuntu 10.10 and use xbmc as my mythtv frontend (scheduling is done via MythWeb, don't watch LiveTV through MythTV).

I wrote a script (see signature) that sets an ACPI alarm based on the next scheduled MythTV recording. The script checks if MythTV is busy (via "mythshutdown -s") and looks to see if XBMC is active and, if not, sets the alarm and suspends the machine.

It would be great if this functionality could be built in as part of the mythtv client add-on.

el_P

note: it was the first Python code I ever wrote so be gentle! It works though!!

Hello, I've posted in that thread how my MythTV server shuts down and checks for XBMC running. Once the Myth Addon is complete it will be using a Myth Protocol connection to the MythTV Server (similar to how the existing myth:// protocol support in XBMC does). While any client is connected over the Myth Protocol to the server the mythshutdown script will prevent shutdown of the server (since there is some external machine using the backend).
dubstar_04 Wrote:Not had too much luck with timers yet, i have posted some backtraces; i can't figure out whats causing this. its driving me mad.

http://pastebin.com/pf6ruUUk

http://pastebin.com/faGDmqJG

I've just pushed up the likely fix for that. If the char array pointers were NULL the constructor for the CStdString is probably segfaulting.
dteirney Wrote:I've just pushed up the likely fix for that. If the char array pointers were NULL the constructor for the CStdString is probably segfaulting.

I have tried that and it still segfaults:

http://pastebin.com/68ZBnQ7R

Edit: just tried a clean build and still getting the same result.

I'm out of my depth with this but i will try and have a look early next week.

to check what was being passed I added this to client.cpp line 532:

Code:
XBMC->Log(LOG_DEBUG, "%s - channelUid=%d title=%s summary=%s", __FUNCTION__, timer.iClientChannelUid, timer.strTitle, timer.strSummary);

log output:

07:37:50 T:61243376 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Addon: AddTimer - channelUid=1003 title=Rugby summary=09/10/2011 from 6:40 AM to 9:00 AM
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:I have tried that and it still segfaults:

http://pastebin.com/68ZBnQ7R

I am going to try a clean build.

Take 2 just pushed up. I've had problems with segfault when allocating directly to CStdString objects in a struct, but are fine if done through an intermediate CStdString. Not sure why, but give that a go.
dteirney Wrote:Take 2 just pushed up. I've had problems with segfault when allocating directly to CStdString objects in a struct, but are fine if done through an intermediate CStdString. Not sure why, but give that a go.

backtrace:

http://pastebin.com/Y1GTHC3e

i updated my post above too.
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:backtrace:

http://pastebin.com/Y1GTHC3e

i updated my post above too.

Take 3 just pushed up. Too much cut and paste late at night. memsetting over those CStdString objects that had already been initialized in the constructor for the struct would have caused mayhem.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!8