• 1(current)
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!
UPDATE: Information about the MythTV addon can be found at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110694

Work that was started and discussed in here was terminated when the MythXML API was dropped from the Myth 0.25 release.

I'm scouting to see if there are any other developers interested in helping build out the MythTV PVR Addon.

I've already contacted a few people via PM where I can.

Most people have sparse free time to work on coding efforts, similar to myself at the moment.

A wiki page is being used to list out the rough set of tasks to get the implementation rocking and rolling. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV_PVR_Addon
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I'm happy to help wherever I can, as it'd be great to finally get this plugin done.

A list of tasks would be a really good start. It may help to attract people who aren't sure if they'll be able to contribute or not, and will give us a clear idea of what's needed.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Happy to help out where possible and where capabilities will allow.

As much as I've tried to live with XBMC+TVHeadend + web scheduling or XBMC+VDR (with pvr-testing2), I keep reverting back to swapping between mythfrontend and XBMC via the remote/irexec.

It would be nice to have the following from XBMC: EPG + access to mythbackend and the capability to pause and rewind live TV (much like with myth/mythfrontend).
Count me in (for as much time as young family commitments will allow).

The idea of formulating the effort into bite sized pieces is always good one.
yes i planned to go with mythtv backend, i'll try to help ;=)
I will start to fiddle around with the program guide / recording schedule components over the week-end
I am wanting to contribute, but in a slightly different way. I am working on a commercial project which utilizes XBMC and MythTV, and many of the things we are doing will benefit both communities, particularly with respect to the integration of PVR functionality within XBMC.

We are looking to hire one or two developers on a contract basis immediately. Of real interest will be active XBMC developers who have been working on this project already and whom have knowledge of both platforms.

If you are interested in finding out more, please provide contact details in a Private Message to me, with links to your personal blogs, etc. and I will get in touch with you.
Hi ubuntite. Great to hear that you're willing to offer cold, hard cash for people to work on this project. For me at least, though, any time and effort I'm going to be putting into this project will be worked around other commitments such as work and family, so I won't be contacting you regarding a contract.

I really hope we can get this plugin knocked out fairly quickly, especially as a lot of work has already been done on the core PVR functionality.

David, how are things going with the creation of a list of tasks?
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
tafypz Wrote:I will start to fiddle around with the program guide / recording schedule components over the week-end

Great. Do you have any code that helps stub out the MythTV PVR Addon. Doesn't have to do anything, but if all the methods that need to be implemented are there, that might help others see what bits are missing.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I've started a very high level list in the first post. This weekend I will look at some other Myth related areas, e.g. options for getting recorded TV Shows into the TV Show library based on some old work.

If someone wants to try and wrap their head around how the Live TV chain works in libcmyth that might be useful when the Live TV stability is reviewed.
dteirney Wrote:Great. Do you have any code that helps stub out the MythTV PVR Addon. Doesn't have to do anything, but if all the methods that need to be implemented are there, that might help others see what bits are missing.

What I did for my MediaPortal PVR add-on was just making a copy of the VDR add-on and erasing the contents of all functions that contain VDR specific code.

It turned out to be quite simple to get started without any documentation. However, as the XBMC<->PVR addon interface is certainly not complete enough (at least several functions are missing for my MediaPortal addon like transfer of existing MediaPortal channel groups into XBMC channel groups) you can expect that you will need to extend the PVR interface also at the XBMC side.

If you have questions or need some help with the (undocumented) API, I am willing to help (I'm not a MythTV user, so I don't know all MythTV specific stuff).
Also for extensions of the existing PVR-addon interface, it would be good to cooperate and help alwinus to extend and improve his pvr-testing2 work.

margro
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Someone might want to review MythXML in more detail as well. That might be a better way of getting information rather than a database query?

http://mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MythXML
http://mythtv.org/wiki/GetProgramGuide_%28MythXML%29
Hi you dev's,

is there a possibility so specially donate for this development? Its my most wanted feature to replace the buggy mythfrontend.

Thanks,
tom
Updated the first post again.

If someone can figure out how to parse out the season and episode numbers from the mythtv program ID that would be useful. A RegExp would be great. Perhaps it could be configured in advanced settings for each XBMC installation.

Someone using Schedules Direct can probably do this more easily. Here in NZ our EPG data is a bit sparse. Happy to include code to parse out the season and episode numbers if the program ID can be identified as a Schedules Direct one.

Rumour is that the season and episode numbers are encoded in the program ID. I just can't find that information on the interweb right at this moment. I think there might have even been a track ticket or posting in the mythtv dev list at some stage.

select title, programid from recorded where programid like 'EP%';
Check this changeset for some info on the programid;

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/24724

The data from nzepg.org includes season and episode data for some programs.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only!8