Scraping Related Video Library Questions for Devs
Wondering if I could get a few hints/pointers for where to look for the following two items in the code. The more info you can offer (ie: specific functions), the better, but I would love to know at least which classes handle these things or just which source files to look into to get more info on these things. Would safe me lots of time pouring thru the code.

Where is the code that determines which files extensions we scan for when adding files to the library (doing a Scan For New Items scan for example)? Or in other words, if I want XBMC to also scan for .dvd files where should I be adding the code.

Where is the code that figures out the media information in order to display media flags (which codec, aspect ratio, etc. the file is)? Not looking for the code that does the displaying, but the code that does the figuring out. Or in other words, if I wanted XBMC to set the codec information for .dvd files to be DVD codec, where would I look for this in the code?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Where is the code that determines which files extensions we scan for when adding files to the library (doing a Scan For New Items scan for example)? Or in other words, if I want XBMC to also scan for .dvd files where should I be adding the code.
Can be done via advancedsettings.xml. Code in Settings.cpp (m_videoExtensions).

Harry Muscle Wrote:Where is the code that figures out the media information in order to display media flags (which codec, aspect ratio, etc. the file is)? Not looking for the code that does the displaying, but the code that does the figuring out. Or in other words, if I wanted XBMC to set the codec information for .dvd files to be DVD codec, where would I look for this in the code?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer,
Harry
See StreamDetails.cpp and the CDVDFileInfo::DemuxerToStreamDetails (DVDFileInfo.cpp)

Let us know if you need for detailed information.

EDIT: Stuff is triggered from within ThumbLoader.cpp
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the info, I think I found what I was looking for.

I have another question though, sort of related to scraping but not necessarily, so I started a separate thread, here it is: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82103

Thanks,
Harry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Related Video Library Questions for Devs0