Modifying the Home screen
Thanks Sharpe, I'll give it a try
No worries. I've just completed re-doing the DialogButtonMenu.xml - you can grab the update from the svn or the mediafire download link. Once you've updated the skin you can edit that file to remove the favourites and suspend buttons fairly easily - just find those labelled controls and delete them.
Sharpe Wrote:To remove the favourites and suspend buttons from the shutdown menu you would need to edit the DialogButtonMenu.xml in the PAL19x9 folder.

Removing the content tags for favourites & exit in DialogButtonMenu.xml works to remove these items from the shutdown menu, but i lose the ability to use arrow keys to navigate & select (as if it has lost focus) once the shutdown menu is brought up .

I have to use the mouse to hover/select an item and then only i can use the arrow keys. Also the modified shutdown menu gets stuck on 'system info' icon when cycling from right to left with the arrow keys; it however works when cycling from left to right.

What am i missing ?
Hi there

Right change the 2nd line from this:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">11</defaultcontrol>

to this:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">1</defaultcontrol>

Also at lines 169, 188 and 206 change this:

Code:
<onleft>11</onleft>

to this:

Code:
<onleft>3113</onleft>

That should do what you want.
wow, i would have never figured out that myself.

Thanks for the support !
Sharpe Wrote:In order to do that - you would need to extract this into the downloaded SVN folder.
Unfortunately, MediaFire reports that they are no longer hosting this file. Is there some other way to get the .png and .jpg files other than culling them one by one from https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge....Row/media/?
If you just want to change the home screen icons you can do that from within skin settings now (if you use the latest version of the skin from the download link).

Another way to get at the media folder files would be to install the SVN version of the skin via the Passion repo (as they aren't packaged in the xbt in there).
Thanks, Sharpe, for your prompt reply and your patience. I've only been working with XBMC for a few days, and been struggling mightily to get my head around the terms, addons, and usage.

There are lots of really interesting skins, but I feel Back Row is absolutely perfect for my home theater.
No worries mate

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying the Home screen0