Slow User Interface xbmcbuntu-11.0 unusable
Is it just going to be expected to deal with an unusable with xbmcbuntu-11.0 ??

Installed on a P4 2.8 HT Dell (older unit I had laying around), within a VM, ok thought that was a bad idea.
Imaged the device with xbmcbuntu-11.0... same issue. Mouse response is unusable, response from keyboard, 1 full second.

Installed VM on my ESXi server, Phenom II quad with a decent video card... but of course, we are dealing with VMware drivers.

Before I go out and build a PC with a better video card to install this on, can someone confirm this is not NORMAL. I find it a bit odd to have such a laggy useless user interface. Moving the mouse and having to wait a second before it updates is not going to work.
Of course its not normal... Have you tried booting xbmcbuntu off a usb drive into live mode and not inside a VM? Id do that before building a new pc...
(2012-05-27, 02:33)teeedubb Wrote: Of course its not normal... Have you tried booting xbmcbuntu off a usb drive into live mode and not inside a VM? Id do that before building a new pc...

exactly.... testing ISOs inside a VM is all nice and swell as long as the GUI of your application doesn't need hardware openGL support
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Not sure how the USB version of Live would be any different then installing it on the Hard Drive. I decided to format Live off the local machine and install Windows 7, then just install the Windows app of XBMC. This worked great.

Seems to be a driver issue with Ubuntu (as far as the native Live installation and not the VM install).

Sorry to come back to this issue, but I've just made a standalone fresh installation of XBMCbuntu in my pc but it's impossible to use the xbmc.

I've the same problems that was mentioned above: mouse and keyboard with delay and AVI files playing very slow.

I've not understand the reason for this... if it's and hardware or software problem.

I believe that my machine was supposed to handle this, because I was already running Win7 and Ubuntu on it.

I've a p4 2,8ghz with 1,5GB DDR ram and a ATI graphic card (don't exactly the model because i'm not at home).

In conclusion is this a software problem? or my Hardware don't support XBMCbuntu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow User Interface xbmcbuntu-11.0 unusable0