Linux XBMCbuntu install problem = won't install
Exclamation 
I'm on my 5th hour reading formus and wikis... getting desperate enough to ask now Smile

I've just bought a Lenovo Idea Center Q180, free dos, intel atom, radeon gfx, internal hdd
I've downloaded the latest XBMCbuntu from xbmc.org
I've put the ISO on a USB stick by folowing adliteram the FAQ, both using UNetBootin and LiLi

in both case (UNetB & LiLi) - I see the proper install menu, good fonts, bla, bla - BUT when I select whichever install it just does not install - instead it simply starts the XMBC directly (I assume from the usb directly)

I don't get asked any question, I don't get to select any of the stuff that the FAQ is talking about, simply XMBC starts and that's it:
Insert the USB drive into one of your machine's USB ports and boot it up. You should see a GRUB bootloader screen, with ‘UNetBootin’ at the top. Select the option to install XBMC Live.
Once the installation starts, answer the questions for country, language, keyboard type, etc.
You may see a red screen informing you that the installer was unable to detect any network. Just select the ‘continue’ option for now, you can fix this later.
Next you will see the setup screens for which drive/partition to install to. Select your preference and continue. Wait for the installer to complete installation and answer any questions that may be prompted.

I tried all install options in the menu, the result is the same

Anyone experienced this before? What should I do?
Please help.

Thanks, zaza
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

See if this workaround works for you as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1233257
thanks art!
that really did the trick.

now I'm on other problems Smile this is my first linux install, bad gfx settings takes ubuntu off the screen limits (start button under the screen), wifi connects and disconnects and reconnects from 3 to 3 minutes, don't know if I have the ati radeon video drivers on... Smile fun being a windows man in a linux world, have little idea where to start Smile
(2012-11-14, 06:17)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

See if this workaround works for you as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1233257

Im putting that in the wiki right now before it escapes me.

* un1versal takes off flying to the dark side of the moon and to xbmc wiki next.

Somebody give that man a +1

@artrafael done and done http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...c_installs

uNi

with the risk of sounding silly Smile where is the +1 button? looked it in the post / in the user profile, the usual places where I find it in other forums...
Well I think for some reason the +1 is limited for users that have some 100 posts, So stick around for another 97 hehe.

* un1versal shrugs

artrafael has the mojo to improve on that limit though.

The button would (show-up) be around bottom left [PM] [FIND] {+/-]

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu install problem = won't install0