Recently watched movies?
Smile 
Is it possible to create another sub-menu underneath Movies or Videos that will show a number of recently watched movies?

If it's not possible or easy I'd like to suggest this as a new feature.

The use case for is like that: I started watching the movie but did not finish and I want to continue watching it another day. Instead of searching for it in the movie list I go to the recently watched and locate it there in one click.

Another use case: somebody from let's say your family watched a movie without you and instead of asking them what was the movie you just go to the recently watched and see for yourself.
There's a "last played" and "In Progress" rule in smart playlists the later "In Progress" is only in the latest builds
You can do this with a smartplaylist I think? We have the lastplayed information available.

It's not quite as neat as being in the main library node, but you could add a link to that smart playlist to favourites (or mod the skin to have a button link to it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, "last played" would only show the last movie watched, not the list of say last 5 movies watched, right?

Is last-time watched time stamp stored in the DB for each movie? If it is it should be possible to retrieve a list of N movies sorted by last watched time stamp descended and it could probably be even done in Python script. Am I right or wrong?
konan Wrote:Well, "last played" would only show the last movie watched, not the list of say last 5 movies watched, right?

Is last-time watched time stamp stored in the DB for each movie? If it is it should be possible to retrieve a list of N movies sorted by last watched time stamp descended and it could probably be even done in Python script. Am I right or wrong?

You can specify the number of movies the smart playlist returns. You can then sort that view by whatever.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
konan Wrote:Well, "last played" would only show the last movie watched, not the list of say last 5 movies watched, right?

Wrong, why do you think they are called playlists because they create lists Rolleyes

Why not just go to smart playlists and give it a try because its not just the rule "lastplayed" its combined with one of the following, After, Not in the last, In the last, Before
In a kind of related request, what about "In progress"?
I setup a mySQL database to be able to walk from room to room watching xbmc... It works just great to resume,

but sometimes when i've had a little too much to drink, I can't remember what I was watching. lol
I suppose I would concur with this request...
I came (and registered) to make a request of my own, and found this thread, so I guess I will throw in my two cents here. :-)
I was originally going to suggest one of two things:

1) add a choice of how many movies/files the "recently added" menu shows. I collect ALOT of movies, and say if I add 10 movies one day, then another 10+ or more in a few day later, well, in a few weeks they all get lost in the mix, and searching through 600+ movies for things I forgot I have recently acquired is a chore. (i know, poor me, huh? Rolleyes) so being able to change to number to something like 50(?+) would be of great use to me, and a few others I suspect.

2) perhaps a sort choice in the file lists as "in order added to the library"? or perhaps I am not seeing this function? being able to search by year/director/genre is very nice, and when I am lazy, the genre feature is a real treat. but for the same reason as #1, the feature to sort by date added would be a boon.

thanks for your patience. Big Grin
1) Possible through advancedsettings.xml.

<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
2) Adding sort by creation/modification date in video library is being discussed in another thread.
Hitcher Wrote:1) Possible through advancedsettings.xml.

<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
well, being more of an "end user" type, i can't say I am likely to go editing an .xml file... main reason in posting in this thread, but good to know for future reference...

Nick8888 Wrote:2) Adding sort by creation/modification date in video library is being discussed in another thread.
nice! as I am new here, could you link to it? this place is quite a tome of threads, and as I am not familiar with the vernacular and general layout yet...?
I'll make a trac ticket as well, but since you are here jmarshall.

Can you guys make an advanced setting for increasing the number of recently played albums in the music library as well.

I have increased my recentlyaddeditems for both video and music, but would like to do the same for recently played music.
(2010-10-11, 03:13)kulprit Wrote: I'll make a trac ticket as well, but since you are here jmarshall.

Can you guys make an advanced setting for increasing the number of recently played albums in the music library as well.

I have increased my recentlyaddeditems for both video and music, but would like to do the same for recently played music.

I'm interested too. Same idea and still no solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently watched movies?0