Query Info for All Artists
Not sure if this applies to this skin...I think it's more a general question, but I'm trying to do it using reFocus:

How do I "Query info for all artists" but all at once?

Let me explain:
-i added my "artists" folder to xbmc
-i scraped it and it populated all album info

however, if i view by artist, the metadata like discography, bio, and fanart is not there....

only way i can add it is by going artist by artist and scraping each one individually...that seems to work...but only does it for one artist at a time, and I have to select the scraper each time...not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Is there a way to have all the artist metadata populated so that you can see the bio/discography info (when it exists) by scraping all artists at once??

Could really use some help on this...or it will take ages to do manuallySad

Thanks!
I'm not close to my media center but if memory serves me right, it should be something along the lines of the following:

Go to Settings > Music and make sure 'Download Artist Information' or something along those lines is selected. Then you should be able to go the 'Artist' section, bring up the context menu (press 'C') and select something like 'Refresh Artist Information'.
Thanks for the reply Sranshaft.

I tried that already...but the problem is it only scrapes/updates the one artist that is in focus when I select "Query info for all artists"

It scans the rest but doesn't download any info for all other artists unless I select that artist, select the scraper again, and select "query info for all artists".

So only seems to work for one artist at a time for me.

I'm using the nightly build (for OSX) from 3 days ago and reFocus skin. I also updated all scrapers so they're up-to-date.

If I try re-installing the newest nightly build (without uninstalling the old) will I lose my library and have to re-scrape everything again?
johnny utah Wrote:Thanks for the reply Sranshaft.

I tried that already...but the problem is it only scrapes/updates the one artist that is in focus when I select "Query info for all artists"

It scans the rest but doesn't download any info for all other artists unless I select that artist, select the scraper again, and select "query info for all artists".

So only seems to work for one artist at a time for me.

I'm using the nightly build (for OSX) from 3 days ago and reFocus skin. I also updated all scrapers so they're up-to-date.

Strange, it should scan through all of them though I've had problems getting the music scrapers to work properly at times (constantly asking to input artist name, not finding proper info even though it's on the site, etc).

johnny utah Wrote:If I try re-installing the newest nightly build (without uninstalling the old) will I lose my library and have to re-scrape everything again?

No, you shouldn't have to re-scrape everything. I'm on Windows so I can't be 100% correct but I believe it should be fine. I consistently update over the old build and, at most, all I've had to do was a quick delete of the GUIsettings.xml file.

On a side note, personally I've always felt the music library side of XBMC was sorely lagging behind the movie / tv show side of things in regards to scraping. Though that's just me, YMMV.
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried everything...but no luck.

May try to re-install the scrapers, but they're all updated, so not sure if will make a diff. Wonder if a new nightly will change anything...and I'm there with you on the "lagging behind part". Plex is even worse for scraping music...so XBMC is much better on that end...but movies and tv always end up first....
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issues. This is the 1st time I'm actually giving it a good effort and that's where I'm stuck right now.
Ive got the same issue, alot of albumart and artist id would like to update, nothing happens when I try several different scrapers.
I got it fixed...but not sure if it was the re-install or the updates to the scrapers.

I re-installed from scratch for Dharma 3...since it's recommended instead of upgrading anyways.

-Make sure you update all the music scrapers.
-I have last.fm and allmusic
-Setup last.fm as your default scraper for artist info
-Make sure it's setup as default in both the settings screen and then also when you do the set content part.

Once I updated the scrapers and selected last.fm it found info for most of my artists...still a few missing but if so I scraped those manually with allmusic.

give it a try...hope it helps.
I know this is old but I have the same problem.

My scaper was set to allmusic.com and when I originally scanned my library, I got the message "Fetching artist biography from allmusic.com is not possible due to copyright reasons"

So I changed the scraper to Freebase. But I can only update the library for one artist at a time. When I select "Query info for all artists" I get the message "Downloading artist information", but it doesn't change anything. Similarly, with "Update library", it scans the whole library but does not update the artist info.

(And on a similar note - I have never managed to get Album info for anything.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Query Info for All Artists0