Why Aeon and its various mods such a bloat?
Star 
Aeon skin is a great looking skin. However, the various mods are true big in size for downloading and installing.

For a quite sometime, I used the Aeon Showtime mod(Dharma Version), but it was around 150 mb of download and was quite resource hungry

Can the skins be somewhat in the sub 100mb size and light on the system?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Aeon 2.0 will be at around 100mb, I don´t think we can get it much smaller without removing whole viewtypes (despite saving the .pngs in 8bit, will look at that soon)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope the new version is less resource hungry. By the way, when can the new skin be expected ?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Hope the new version is less resource hungry. By the way, when can the new skin be expected ?

Aeon will still be more resource hungry than other skins because of the large textures, but for most people it´s worth it Smile
if it doesnt run fluently on your system try deactivating features/viewtypes and using the .dds tweak.

EDIT: and it will be released when it´s ready, depends on how much free time I´ll have in the next days / weeks, but it shouldn´t take too long.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
phil65 Wrote:Aeon 2.0 will be at around 100mb, I don´t think we can get it much smaller without removing whole viewtypes (despite saving the .pngs in 8bit, will look at that soon)

Great, 2.0 sounds promising.
However, pls don't remove too much stuff. Big Grin
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Great, 2.0 sounds promising.
However, pls don't remove too much stuff. Big Grin

almost no features removed, only big texture cleanup. Smile
I am using aeon65 from the fonts_rework branch and it's only around 114mb and runs really well on my asrock ion330ht. to be honest i never thought it would run so well without resizing any textures, hats off to phil and pix for doing a great job of cleaning and fixing this skin. it's now my default skin once againBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Looking forward to the fonts rework branch also
paul Wrote:I am using aeon65 from the fonts_rework branch and it's only around 114mb and runs really well on my asrock ion330ht. to be honest i never thought it would run so well without resizing any textures, hats off to phil and pix for doing a great job of cleaning and fixing this skin. it's now my default skin once againBig Grin

Phil is mostly responsible for the font rework branch. Kudos to him. I'm waiting for him to finish his work to bring back my bug fixing fury again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why Aeon and its various mods such a bloat?0