[WINDOWS] How to get Netlix and Hulu working
First off I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I just wanted to share this, as I'm not sure if anyone has done this before. I found a good way to use Netflix and Hulu on my htpc, running XBMC as my main media center application. Please note, I have only tested this with Windows 7, but should also work with Windows Vista, as long as media center is installed. This will not work on other operating systems, as far as I know.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit using an xbox 360 controller as my remote. I am using Xpadder to get my controller to work. I am also using MacroExpress to get some of this to work.

Basically what I did is set it up to when I press a button combination, it automatically launches the Netflix portion of Windows Media Center.

First thing I did was set up a shortcut on the desktop that when launched, will go directly to the Netflix portion of WMC. Then I went in to Macroexpress and set it to when 'Ctrl-Alt-N' is pressed from a keyboard, it launches that shortcut. I also set it up to when the application is launched it automatically maximizes it and makes it the focus. To get this to work with the xbox controller, I went in to xpadder and set it to when I press 'Start-A', it emulates presing 'Ctrl-Alt-N'.

I also set Macroexpress to when I press another key combination (Start-Back), it closes the Netflix application, brings xbmc back up and makes it the focus.

So basically, when pressing Start-A on my controller, Netflix launches. It has worked great for me, and seems very well integrated, as everything runs in the background. I did the same process to get Hulu Desktop to work.

I'm not sure if this is any interest to anyone, since it is not directly using XBMC for everything, but since there is no Netflix or Hulu support, I found this to be a great alternative. If anyone is interested in doing something like this, and has questions, let me know.
This same concept can be used with any remote as long as you can specifically program the buttons to perform keyboard shortcuts.
we have Hulu support in the Bluecop's repo hulu addon, so Hulu is working for us Linux Folk

-=Jason=-
Could you share how you configured the shortcut to launch WMC directly in to the Netflix plugin? I can't find much info on it Googling.
I'm also very curious about your netflix shortcut. I basically set up a similar function by pressing one button on my remote it closes XBMC and opens a WMC shortcut, and pressing it again closes WMC and opens XBMC. I used some autohotkey scripts to do it, but would love to know how you set up your WMC shortcut to go straight to netfilx as that is the only thing I use WMC for.

HTPC: Acer Revo 3610, Windows 7, Latest XBMC Nightlies, Hulu Desktop, Netflix, and Harmony 300 Remote
Server: 4 TB (and growing) WHS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] How to get Netlix and Hulu working0