A Way to Create a Custom Home Menu Category
I have a number of DVDs that I would like to add into xbmc that are of stage works (plays, operas, etc). As none of these are really movies or tv shows, I was wondering if there is a way for me to add another option ("Live Performances" or such) at the home menu for these DVDs. Of course, getting xbmc to recognize the titles is another issue entirely (none of the scrappers would know what they are) - but first things first, can this be done?

Thank you.
Not sure if what you are describing is capable or not...

But a nice work around would be to make a custom genre. I use a custom genre for all my son's movies and it works great.
achoke, not sure I understand what you mean, could you please elaborate a bit?

Also, as an aside, do you know if using .nfo files with movies works? I tried it with TV shows and found it wasn't working yet. It's possible that the combination of an .nfo with a custom genre might do exactly what I want.
you could a) make it as a playlist or b) make it as a favorite and tag it to the home menu.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
If you care much about details (as me Big Grin ) you can also edit custom .nfo for each dvd/movie even if these aren't on any site.
ex. : http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2452/...ot000s.png
Bunch of ways to do this.

Simple way - if you have them in an organized folder structure - Add the source folder of these as a favorite then add that favorite to Home. You wont have the rich metadata but it's simple....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
OK, I created a custom .nfo file for one of the operas and it worked perfectly, gave all the detail I want and shows in the movie list, which is ok, since I have a genre for opera and can sort that way - so that completes everything up to now, thanks.

What's confusing me now, is that I also did it for a movie that is really old and is not found by the scrappers - the nfo file for that one seems to be working too well, as the movie now shows in the list 3 times in a row. Obviously there is something that is not quite right, anyone got an idea?
ConfusedNewUser Wrote:OK, I created a custom .nfo file for one of the operas and it worked perfectly, gave all the detail I want and shows in the movie list, which is ok, since I have a genre for opera and can sort that way - so that completes everything up to now, thanks.

What's confusing me now, is that I also did it for a movie that is really old and is not found by the scrappers - the nfo file for that one seems to be working too well, as the movie now shows in the list 3 times in a row. Obviously there is something that is not quite right, anyone got an idea?

Delete the two the are incorrect, or just delete 2 of them. My guess is you changed something and it registered as a new Movie/Item. Then rescan to test it doesnt duplicate itself.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu, I tried that before posting, I remove every entry for that movie from the db then rescan, and it adds it 3 times to the list. I also added another movie with a nfo file, based off the one that is duplicating, and it too is fine. So now I have 2 movies with nfo files that appear in the listing 1x each, and 1 movie with a nfo file that appears 3x. It is quite strange.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Way to Create a Custom Home Menu Category0