Question about music and visualization
Still figuring out XBMC, and have a question about music. I only use the FILE version of music - no current interest in building a library.

So if I pick and artist, then album, then song, the music starts playing. Visualization starts up in the background, with the songs listed. At this point, if I hit INFO (which is mapped to DETAILS in EvenGhost), XBMC will try to bring up info screen, or scrape if no info is there - I don't want this.

But If I wait long enough, visualization will switch to full screen, and the INFO command will show me what is currently playing. This is what I want.

Is there a control (setting, keyboard press, etc) which will take me to this full screen visualization mode without having to wait?

I also would like Music to NEVER scrape. Any way to make this happen?

Thanks!
WannaTheater Wrote:But If I wait long enough, visualization will switch to full screen, and the INFO command will show me what is currently playing. This is what I want.

Is there a control (setting, keyboard press, etc) which will take me to this full screen visualization mode without having to wait?

Yes, press Tab. If you don't have a tab button on your remote you can easily map one of the other buttons to do the same thing.

Every now and then someone suggests an option to start the visualisation immediately when you start an MP3, but so far no-one has felt strongly enough to write a patch to do it. I have the sound from my HTPC going through my hifi, so I usually put the TV into standby as soon as the music starts playing.

JR
Excellent! Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about music and visualization0