Random Trailer Screensaver
Is there a way to have XBMC play random trailers from the movies I have as a screen-saver?

I'm not looking for just any random trailers or new movie trailers. I'm only interested in random trailers from the ones that I have scraped for the movies I have.

If not a screen-saver it would be fine if it was just something I could turn on when I am not watching anything.

This would make my HTPC almost seem like a movie channel, and I think it would be a fun way to remember how much you like movies that you have not thought of in a while.
Irish+Trouble Wrote:Is there a way to have XBMC play random trailers from the movies I have as a screen-saver?

I'm not looking for just any random trailers or new movie trailers. I'm only interested in random trailers from the ones that I have scraped for the movies I have.

If not a screen-saver it would be fine if it was just something I could turn on when I am not watching anything.

This would make my HTPC almost seem like a movie channel, and I think it would be a fun way to remember how much you like movies that you have not thought of in a while.

I think the most skins have possibility to create smart playlists ... so i would create a Trailer Playlist ...

Just an idea ...
That is an interesting idea. I don't really know how to access the automatically scraped trailers to make a play list like that. Also is there a fast way to create a play list with 1000s of movies?

Thanks for the reply though, but does anyone else know if there is a feature or "skin" that has the feature I was talking about? I can't imagine I am the only person who has their TV on 24/7 + Christmas whether they are watching or not.

If this does not exist I think that some of you genius developers should consider it as a feature for your next awesome release.
hum, i should see what is needed for screensavers addon !
Sounds like a great idea. I can see this making you hit your bandwidth cap in a hurry tho!
HTPC Specs
NAS Server Specs
Home Theater: Mitsubishi WD-73C10 73 inch 3D DLP | Onkyo TX-NR515
Consoles: Dreamcast | Playstation 2 | Xbox | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Playstation 4
But is there a way to play a playlist as a screensaver... not that I know of Sad
Hi,

i think the screensaver plugin should select every row where a trailer is presented in db and then take a random one out there and play it, that repeats until someone re-use xbmc (any action (except mouse move) should stop the trailer playback).

Would be nice if that script can start the next trailer like a fade so it looks seemless.

Greetz X23
would definitely love this Big Grin
I think this is a good idea, seems like a very cool showy-offy thing for a more than capable media centre.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
has anyone thought about this in the last while? I assume most XBMC-ers who would use this feature have large download caps and ample drive space. Frankly i would prefer to have my trailers download direct anyway.
This had been verry cool.
but mos been streamed like apple movie trailers.
Then you don`t need to worry about the space on the pc.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Once again the issue is that first you would at most basic need the ability to play a video file as the screen saver which does not currently exist. Sad
I don't think this needs (or should be a screen saver) Just look like one.

Either download (preferred) for people will good internet plans or stream for people with no drive space.

All it would be is a macro that picks a movie from your "movies folder" at random and selects play trailer. Then repeats. As long as the screen is set to show a blank or "Standby for next trailer" display while it is toggling between trailers it should look fine.

Have any of the super smart XBMC people looked into this yet? XBMC is by far the coolest thing to house guests at my place. I just want to WOW them even more, and continue to prove that XBMC has rendered Cable TV obsolete.
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Once again the issue is that first you would at most basic need the ability to play a video file as the screen saver which does not currently exist. Sad

Yep however nothing is stopping you from launching an application over XBMC to play it back. Like say mplayer. A nasty hack though.

I had a crummy python script that listened for an announcement whenever the screensaver activated. It then executed electricsheep over xbmc. Can't seem to find it though.
I have manually created playlists of all my movie trailers that i have stored locally ... I simply opened up VLC Media Player , added the SMB:\\Share\movie-trailer.ext to the playlist - saved it as a mpu - then used winscp to transfer it to the userdata\playlists\video folder on xbmc computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailer Screensaver0