• 7(current)
Newznab - Anyone using it?
(2012-12-11, 14:05)fungi Wrote: Anybody know how to balance connections between newznab scraping headers and downloading with sabnzbd from one usenet account?

I have a usenet account that allows for 20 connections at one time. If I try to download something with sabnzbd while newznab is downloading headers I get an error in sabnzbd:

Code:
2012-12-11 03:41:23,729    ERROR:    Too many connections to server secure.Usenetserver.com:443

I figure the fix should be to change sabnzbd to use say - 15 connections and newznab the other 5, but I can't find where I can set that in any of the newznab files.

Also when scraping a certain group the update binaries script gets stuck on this for long periods of time:

Code:
Processing alt.binaries.hdtv.x264
Attempting to repair 1 parts...
-repairing 0 to 0

Not too sure what's going on there...

I get the exact same issue a.b.hdtv.x264 getting stuck and actually killing the update_binaries process.

As to using sabnzbd and newznab with the same account, I had the same issues and just set Sabnzbd to only use 25 of my 30 connections and haven't seen anymore errors with Newznab not being able to authenticate to the newsgroup provider.

Is there a way to filter out some of the results from being shown? This is my first foray into Ubuntu/PHP/etc. For example, I get results showing like

Hdoqohdon-419594192-201212120204
Dduadqydyr-1136150107-201212112354
etc.

Do I need to filter out non-english releases? Apply some other filter?
Is anyone able to provide good instructions on how to install the paid version to a windows platform?
Thanks!

EDIT::::
Never mind...I found some great instructions on getting the Paid version setup in Windows using XAMPP. Check it: http://pastebin.com/UFQg9kfC
Hope this helps. Thanks everyone in this thread!!

DOUBLE EDIT:::
And this one looks a LOT easier (pictures) Smile : http://www.tiag.me/installing-newznab-wi...n-windows/
Hrm...not sure that I have it working yet. I'm guessing I don't have enough headers to make a full release?
What should it look like in newznab when it works?
Do yourselves a favor and pay for newznab plus... The regex are way better and a bunch of extra features...

I am up and running with xampp and newznab plus and it's working great...

Now i just gotta add my own regex for capturing JAV and i am good to go!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I think many people would be willing to pay for it once they know that they can get it working.

Anyone able to have more than one group activated?
When I add a second group and update the binaries I get an error:
could not select group (bad name?)
The group was one that was already in the default list.
(2012-12-12, 00:45)JellyBean Wrote: I think many people would be willing to pay for it once they know that they can get it working.

Anyone able to have more than one group activated?
When I add a second group and update the binaries I get an error:
could not select group (bad name?)
The group was one that was already in the default list.

While I agree with you I have to say getting the plus-version was the best thing to do, the thing works out of the box.
I couldn't get one single group to work with the free version, being totally new to Newznab I went on a full day google-spree
and found out that the regexp's in the free-version aren't exactly good. I tried importing some other versions and I got
a little further but in the end I just donated the $15/USD and got the plus-version and since I had already configured
Newznab once before that thing was over in 1minute and I could start backlogging straight away. They have good folks
over on IRC as well that will help out if you need it.

I've spent $15 on a lot of stuff - this was one of the best.
(2012-12-11, 14:05)fungi Wrote:
Code:
-repairing 0 to 0

Still getting this error with this group. I've tried purging the group, deactivating and re-activating and it still happens. Any ideas?
(2012-12-12, 10:24)fungi Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 14:05)fungi Wrote:
Code:
-repairing 0 to 0

Still getting this error with this group. I've tried purging the group, deactivating and re-activating and it still happens. Any ideas?

I have moved to the paid version because I suffered from all these problems and I do not have issues with this group anymore. I can't explain the difference, but it just worked. I too was skeptical, but $15 bucks is NOT bad when you are desperate like I was. Wink
anyone have a list of which groups are the best to add for tv/films/music etc ?
(2012-12-12, 17:23)callius Wrote: anyone have a list of which groups are the best to add for tv/films/music etc ?
I would like to know this to. Specifically HD tv/movies.

Has anybody using this as a private home indexer been able to get it to interface with CouchPotato or Headphones using their settings for Newznab? I can manually download nzb's fine and add to SAB, but i can't get CP and Headphone to search my index. I'm using the default http://localhost/newsnab/www as my "website", so i entered this as the host for both with my API but no dice. I'm testing by adding a specific movie I see in my index to CP (withcorrect quality settings) and it's not finding it.
why...Why....WHY?

If you want to kill usenet, this is the way. Everybody running it's own indexing server.
Yeah ISP's are gonna love this.

There are still enough sites out there... and a lot of new ones coming in the near future...
But all the other sites have seemingly closed their doors in wake of matrix and newzbin shutting down.
Making more progress... slowly. I think I'm trying to be too ambitious with groups. Is it unrealistic to want it set up to index movie/tv/wii/ebooks? I think I may purge the database and start off smaller....
Maybe try also spotweb guys. Is original a Dutch community but spotweb is now also in English and "spotweb easy" makes it very easy to setup. You can download it at spotweb.nu
(2012-12-12, 17:57)prjct92eh2 Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 17:23)callius Wrote: anyone have a list of which groups are the best to add for tv/films/music etc ?
I would like to know this to. Specifically HD tv/movies.

Has anybody using this as a private home indexer been able to get it to interface with CouchPotato or Headphones using their settings for Newznab? I can manually download nzb's fine and add to SAB, but i can't get CP and Headphone to search my index. I'm using the default http://localhost/newsnab/www as my "website", so i entered this as the host for both with my API but no dice. I'm testing by adding a specific movie I see in my index to CP (withcorrect quality settings) and it's not finding it.

I just tested my installation with SickBeard (not tried Couch Potato yet) and it worked fine (using the free version), downloaded a TV episode I have in my index. I used: http://localhost/www/ as the address.
If I get a chance later I will test CP.

EDIT: just tested with Couch Potato and it sent the first film I tried to SAB without any problems.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newznab - Anyone using it?3