• 6(current)
Newznab - Anyone using it?
(2012-12-11, 00:36)InsaneNutter Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 23:54)heiNey Wrote: and how do we disable the automatic regex populating?

In the web admin interface edit your site, find "Latest Regex Lookup URL:" and just deleite it (i think)

I'm where you are now, no idea what to do with the latestregex.sql.

thanks, i think you're right.

im not sure what to do with it either. i installed phpmyadmin and tried to import the sql database into php, but it says that latestregex.sql has a syntax error.

(2012-12-11, 00:57)heiNey Wrote: thanks, i think you're right.
im not sure what to do with it either. i installed phpmyadmin and tried to import the sql database into php, but it says that latestregex.sql has a syntax error.

Its not an SQL database, open it in Notepad++ and you will find its HTML.

As to what you do with it im at a loss, the documentation appears to be lacking for Newznab unless i'm missing the obvious.

Other than that my install appears to be fine, it just shows nothing!
XBMC / Kodi user since 2004, My Kodi devices:

Main: (2010 - Present) - Acer Aspire Revo R3600 - Running 17.0 Krypton (XBMCbuntu)
Old: (2004-2010) - Xbox with Xecuter X3 Modchip + LCD Screen, Running 8.10 Atlantis

Storage: 32TB Custom Built Home Server
I've installed this today, and selected 26 groups to index. I also changed the post count to about 500,000. I ran update_binaries and update_release but when I browse groups it's only showing one group alt.binaries.tv it's not listing any other group.

What am I doing wrong?
(2012-12-11, 01:32)InsaneNutter Wrote:

As to what you do with it im at a loss, the documentation appears to be lacking for Newznab unless i'm missing the obvious.

It's not HTML its just an SQL script. It is on github though so you can't just save that link. Try this one, just right click and save as: https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/mast...tregex.sql

Download the file to your local computer, go to phpMyAdmin, select your newznab database and click import. Choose the SQL file and hit run. It should add a load of new regex entries which you can view through the Regex > View link in your newznab admin panel.

If you leave the auto update URL in place it will keep replacing all these with the two default ones so you need to make sure you have all 200 odd of these regex rows in place or you will find that the vast majority of things don't get indexed.
(2012-12-11, 01:54)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 01:32)InsaneNutter Wrote:

It's not HTML its just an SQL script. It is on github though so you can't just save that link. Try this one, just right click and save as: https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/mast...tregex.sql

Download the file to your local computer, go to phpMyAdmin, select your newznab database and click import. Choose the SQL file and hit run. It should add a load of new regex entries which you can view through the Regex > View link in your newznab admin panel.

If you leave the auto update URL in place it will keep replacing all these with the two default ones so you need to make sure you have all 200 odd of these regex rows in place or you will find that the vast majority of things don't get indexed.

the regex looks populated now witht hat file you posted. i'll give it a try right now.

EDIT: this works. thanks
Thanks @fatalglitch. newznab does have two regex's. Is that what you mean? Are there others?
(2012-12-10, 22:16)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 21:37)fishy89 Wrote: Sinnerhp ive been on this all day, baring in mind im a total nooob but it has done my head in. Hopefully someone will post a nice step by step guide for the nooobs coz i definately need it. So frustrating that ive got newznab installed and the site running and that theres nothing on it

It's because the regex that comes with the free one doesn't work for most stuff. It probably works in a limited fashion for some basic groups.

https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/mast...tregex.sql

Just grab that SQL file and load it manually into your database. It is old, so it probably won't be as good as the paid for versions but it is better than the 'stock' ones.

Oh and make sure you disable the automatic regex populating, just delete the auto update URL or all those will be overwritten when it updates.

I had spotweb setup because it had the install programs in a simple package (even though only in dutch), but thanks to you guys in this forum and some spotweb instructions I was able to get it running. The final issue was no post populating on the website, but thanks to this post I was sorted out with the downloaded file.

Thank you for the help... Just wanted to say something for myself and the 100s others following and not commenting.

Hi, I've got Newznab setup using xampp however having an issue updating binaries can anyone help

I have Set error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_STRICT in php.ini. and set php path on system

Thank You

---edit---

Fixed should be E_ALL & ~E_STRICT
update_releases has been running for 8 hours. Paid version working fine Smile
I'd rather know I can utilize the program before I go spending money on it. right now I cannot make that guarantee
Hi, it appears that someone has loaded one onto the Tor network as a hidden service so should be sticking around for a while due to lack of DMCA/SOPA. A slight bit of latency but it's open and registering for free.

I am not sure if i am allowed to paste links here but it's available on http://u4qovkc4srv3uequ.onion.to/ (admin's please delete link if not allowed).
Anybody know how to balance connections between newznab scraping headers and downloading with sabnzbd from one usenet account?

I have a usenet account that allows for 20 connections at one time. If I try to download something with sabnzbd while newznab is downloading headers I get an error in sabnzbd:

Code:
2012-12-11 03:41:23,729    ERROR:    Too many connections to server secure.Usenetserver.com:443

I figure the fix should be to change sabnzbd to use say - 15 connections and newznab the other 5, but I can't find where I can set that in any of the newznab files.

Also when scraping a certain group the update binaries script gets stuck on this for long periods of time:

Code:
Processing alt.binaries.hdtv.x264
Attempting to repair 1 parts...
-repairing 0 to 0

Not too sure what's going on there...
Hi, Nzb.su seem's to be doing well I wondered how often you do header updates

Thank You
(2012-12-11, 05:37)jatilq Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 22:16)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 21:37)fishy89 Wrote: Sinnerhp ive been on this all day, baring in mind im a total nooob but it has done my head in. Hopefully someone will post a nice step by step guide for the nooobs coz i definately need it. So frustrating that ive got newznab installed and the site running and that theres nothing on it

It's because the regex that comes with the free one doesn't work for most stuff. It probably works in a limited fashion for some basic groups.

https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/mast...tregex.sql

Just grab that SQL file and load it manually into your database. It is old, so it probably won't be as good as the paid for versions but it is better than the 'stock' ones.

Oh and make sure you disable the automatic regex populating, just delete the auto update URL or all those will be overwritten when it updates.

I had spotweb setup because it had the install programs in a simple package (even though only in dutch), but thanks to you guys in this forum and some spotweb instructions I was able to get it running. The final issue was no post populating on the website, but thanks to this post I was sorted out with the downloaded file.

Thank you for the help... Just wanted to say something for myself and the 100s others following and not commenting.

Glad it helped, it took me a lot of digging to figure out what the problem was and just stumbled across that git project by mistake. I'm guessing the documents on the free version are deliberately vague to try and get people to get the full version.

The big problem I can see with it is the backfills, it should have the option to do incremental backfills rather than trying to backfill 100 days in one huge chunk. It works well for current stuff, but if you want any kind of historical indexing its not the best.

Probably why the paid version comes with a load of historic data already intact.
You can always backfill to a specific date using "php backfill_date.php 2011-05-15 alt.binaries.groupname.here"
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newznab - Anyone using it?3