• 3(current)
Newznab - Anyone using it?
DejaVu77 Wrote:Think I found a bug. RSS Encoding issue.

I have the RSS setup, but they maybe illegal charactors in there at the moment. It's erroring out with -

This is using the Movies - DivX section. Can someone (if they are running the NZB.su site on here) find the offending release and delete it please. RSS is totally screwed because of it. Sad

You really should update your Newznab Install....it seems you are rather outdated.
sytanek Wrote:Step 3? Step three only gives the option for nzbmatrix or newzbin.....not nzb.su.....

In my SABnzbd setup wizard that is step 4 (where I can setup nzbmatrix or newzbin).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm really unexperienced, so how can I integrate newznab to a website and use it as a nzb search engine?
Bandwidth Numbers!! This is for using Newznab+, doing 143 groups and every possible feature.

Montellese Wrote:In my SABnzbd setup wizard that is step 4 (where I can setup nzbmatrix or newzbin).
I suspect that you are running sab on a linux-machine (hence from source) and the other poster is running it on a windows machine with the provided binaries (which differ in the options available).

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? I think that sab has a problem with the category, it seems that the rss-feed you are adding is of the type "NoneType" which is actually not a real type (who would have guessed that one? Wink ). So I suspect, although I am far away from being certain, that you are adding a generic rss-feed which just will show _all_ new releases, and sab is now asking you to specify the type. So adding the "movie"-release-rss should work out.
I posted in the sab forums, but maybe someone here might be able to help.

so i followed this guide above for installing nn+ on Windows 7 x64, but I am getting an error when I try to install nn+.

When I go to http://localhost/nnplus/www/install I get the standard install screen with the button that says to go to step 1, pre flight check. When I click on this button, I get the same screen, but with the following error message:

Quote:Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\nnplus\www\install\index.php on line 50

i've looked at the relevant portion of that file, and I thought the problem was the config.php file. So I went to the install folder, made a copy of the config template, and changed the name of the copy to 'congfig.php' but didn't change anything else insite the file. I tried to re-run the install again, but I got the same error.

I restarted my machine a few times (for some other reasons), but that didn't help. I'm sure that I am missing something that is quite trivial (hopefully), but I am not very well versed in php, so I am a bit in over my head.
This site is sick. Thank for posting info to this Smile
Well, it took me a while, but I'm now using this full time and its great!
Highly recommended.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Questions :

Can you use a block account?

What bandwidth does it use? ( I cannot see the image ...)
Sad 
Hi all

I would love to run my own newznab indexer. I tried out Newznab classic, and the install seems to go swimmingly. However, when I enable "a few" groups, and run the two update scripts, I never get any releases.

Its recommended in the readme to do that to make sure its working as it should, but I just don't know if it is.

This is the howto I followed
(2012-12-10, 01:56)z-vap Wrote: Hi all

I would love to run my own newznab indexer. I tried out Newznab classic, and the install seems to go swimmingly. However, when I enable "a few" groups, and run the two update scripts, I never get any releases.

Its recommended in the readme to do that to make sure its working as it should, but I just don't know if it is.

This is the howto I followed

following the shutdown of the matrix today I too discovered newznab classic, and with my knowledge of php, apache and mysql it definitely seems to be a viable option for me to use as a replacement.

I managed to get it installed just fine using the same article you posted and newznabs own documentation. only thing I changed was I also installed phpmyadmin to manage mysql a little easier. when I ran the update_binaries script it seemed to complete successfully and with 5 groups selected my db is about 60mb, but when I run the update_releases I get nothing returned.
(2012-12-10, 02:34)bamathrasher Wrote: following the shutdown of the matrix today I too discovered newznab classic, and with my knowledge of php, apache and mysql it definitely seems to be a viable option for me to use as a replacement.

I managed to get it installed just fine using the same article you posted and newznabs own documentation. only thing I changed was I also installed phpmyadmin to manage mysql a little easier. when I ran the update_binaries script it seemed to complete successfully and with 5 groups selected my db is about 60mb, but when I run the update_releases I get nothing returned.

Seems like everyone is thinking the same... I just finished setting it up myself and had the same results as you...

The 1st pull is waaaayyy too small... Purge your groups and change "Where to start new groups" from 20000 to 1 million or 1 day and you will actually have something to index... 20000 headers hardly makes a jpeg Smile

Mine is pulling now and i put it at 3 days... that is way too much... it is trying to retrieve 22 million headers. Even at 25Mbits/s, it's been going for 2 hours and i still have 16 million to go...

[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I wish there was some good discussion on how to setup the settings to get some decent results back. There's also Group List configuring; what would be good settings for those...

I'm gonna try what Pr. Sinister did and see what I get.
(2012-12-10, 04:00)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 02:34)bamathrasher Wrote: following the shutdown of the matrix today I too discovered newznab classic, and with my knowledge of php, apache and mysql it definitely seems to be a viable option for me to use as a replacement.

Seems like everyone is thinking the same... I just finished setting it up myself and had the same results as you...

The 1st pull is waaaayyy too small... Purge your groups and change "Where to start new groups" from 20000 to 1 million or 1 day and you will actually have something to index... 20000 headers hardly makes a jpeg Smile

Mine is pulling now and i put it at 3 days... that is way too much... it is trying to retrieve 22 million headers. Even at 25Mbits/s, it's been going for 2 hours and i still have 16 million to go...
Thanks man, changing those setting seems to be making a difference. Running the update_binaries script again and it's pulling down 25 million headers, I'm confident it will have some type of releases to build after this finishes running Smile
anyone successful with this? i just pulled 5 million headers and when it came time run update_releases, i still get nothing.

everything appears to be running correctly, so im not too sure what the problem is.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newznab - Anyone using it?3