CC devs on trac tickets with patches?
Is there any objection to cc devs on trac tickets when we think a certain dev would be interested in the ticket? Btw, I'm talking tickets with patches, not just plain old bug reports, cause cc on bug reports I would think would just get annoying Angry

Thanks,
Harry
If it's a reasonable patch, go for it. Especially if you've discussed it already with that dev.

Unless you keep cc'ing on bad/worthless patches, I can't imaging anyone would object.

TheUni
generally I'd say that on patches cc away, as TheUni says though its always nicer if you have discussed with the dev or you know the dev is managing that perticular area of the code. If the dev isn't 100% for the job we'll know who to relay it to, and patches is always welcomed and we like to handle them as good as possible Smile

Its just those annoying cc of bugreports were you as a developer doesn't even work in that area of the code which gets old and we give a cranky response and remove ourself from the cc Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
So who do we CC for bug reports? Or do we just leave them blank and let theuni sort it out?

Because i know a lot of the developers on the about us page are now no longer active or are taking extended breaks and there are new devs too. Also I know some of the devs such as yourself dabble in lots of parts of the code.

Is it something like this:

Topfs2: Json, Web Interface
Malard: Web Interface
Gnif2: Audio
Jmarshall: Skin development (not specific skins), lots of other bits and pieces
Spiff: Anything that takes his interest, general code maintainence
CrystalPT: Windows
Wiso: Windows
Blinkseb: Some windows stuff, DSplayer branch
lcaprotti: live
davilla: osx, chrystalHD, some dvdplayer stuff
elupus: video (dvdplayer and anything related)
vdrfan: general code maintenance, anything that takes his fancy
dteirney: myth, edl
jezzx: confluence
I think a general rule is if you know someone deals with that code, and particularly if you've discussed things already with that person, then ofcourse feel free to cc.

If you're in doubt, it's probably best to leave the cc blank.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Also most devs idle on irc, its quite easy to ask us there aswell.
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CC devs on trac tickets with patches?0