Can sub-menus be configured to pop-up immediately
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

I'm looking for a way to be able to make the submenus for Home buttons like video, movies, tv-shows automatically popup as soon as the appropriate home button is highlighted.

So rather than highlighting the movies button, then pressing right to open the submenu - I'd like that the submenus (ie title, recently added, actor, year, director, etc) automatically show.

I'm trying for some additional ease-of-use for members of the house. I've got a bunch of smartlists they will be using, but rather than adding a button for each to the home menu (since this would be 4 or 5 per movie or tv-show category) and cluttering it, it would be good to select to watch movie --> automatically show submenu and prompt for particular smartlist to use.

(yeah, i know, hitting right isn't rocket science, but i've got to work with what i've got Wink

Is this possible?

Are there any other methods to achieve a similar sort of ease-of-use of smartplalists from the home menu while keeping things uncluttered.
It looks like i'll need to be using something like the visible tag (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_skinning) to get my sub-menu appearing automatically.

The following code should get me what I want:

<visible>window.IsActive(windowname)</visible>

However, i'm not sure how to reference the correct button.
Would I be referencing the item id of the button in question? (which for movies should be 10, if i'm reading the home.xml file correct).

So the following should be correct.

<visible>window.IsActive(10)</visible>

Finally, what control would this need to be added to? I'd assume it would be grouplist id=9016. However, this seems linked to container id=9000 which requires focus to work.

Is anyone with more experience with skinning able to point me in the right direction?
Probably delete this code block starting at line 400 in Home.xml

Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="!ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="300" time="200" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="210,0" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Probably delete this code block starting at line 400 in Home.xml

Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="!ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="300" time="200" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="210,0" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>

Tried this but I wasn't completely successful

I got close but the submenu was no longer centered and the darker backgrounds for the sub buttons were gone so it was hard to read.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can sub-menus be configured to pop-up immediately0