• 2(current)
Release TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon
Request to sort episodes in reverse order. Now it orders the episodes from oldest to newest.
Quote:daledude: Request to sort episodes in reverse order. Now it orders the episodes from oldest to newest.

Just to be clear currently it sorts from closest date at the top to furthest date at bottom and focuses first on the top show. Do you want just to sort from furthest at top to closest at bottom or to totally reverse the 'orientation' and also have it focus on the bottom show by default?

Quote:daledude: Great script. Very useful. Would be nice if it auto updated in the background.

I think so too. Maybe I'll get around to it. Personally I'd like it to start something like a service in the background when XBMC starts and update the data at intervals. That will probably take more coding time than the script did. Smile One easier thing I could do is make it update in a separate thread when you start it so you can view and browse right away. I'm not sure which you meant but anyway it's on my mind to do.

Quote:Dobyken: How about a button on the main screen that says "Add Series"?

I was trying to keep the interface clean and keep navigation simple. If I may ask, why do you want one? It occurs to me that someone using a mouse might like one.
I put episodes summaries in v0.9.1 but realized it was missing a file after I submitted it. I submitted v0.9.2 with the file, but summaries won't show up when you click an episode until v0.9.2 posts and you upgrade.

Just a heads up to anyone.
ruuk Wrote:I was trying to keep the interface clean and keep navigation simple. If I may ask, why do you want one? It occurs to me that someone using a mouse might like one.

From a new user prospective...I got to the main screen and it took a while to realize that I had to press C on my keyboard to get the context menu. I usually use the right mouse button but on your screen it made the script close. I use both a MCE remote and a wireless keyboard with built in mouse.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:From a new user prospective...I got to the main screen and it took a while to realize that I had to press C on my keyboard to get the context menu. I usually use the right mouse button but on your screen it made the script close. I use both a MCE remote and a wireless keyboard with built in mouse.

I just tried with a mouse and it seems that when you right click on the list it brings up the context menu, but if click anywhere else on the window or off the window it closes.

I think I will try to make it so that the context menu will open as normal when clicking on the list with the mouse, show only the 'Search/Add' option when you click off the list on the window, and add an 'Add Show' button at the top.

Thanks for pointing that out Smile
Just posted to XBMC for v0.9.3 pending update to repository.

Made interface more mouse friendly
-Fixed mouse click on lists for select
-Added 'Add Show' Button

Added 'Reverse Sort' and 'Jump To Bottom' options in settings
Added 'Reverse Sort' option on context menu
Awesome stuff ruuk
ruuk Wrote:Just posted to XBMC for v0.9.3 pending update to repository.

Made interface more mouse friendly
-Fixed mouse click on lists for select
-Added 'Add Show' Button

Added 'Reverse Sort' and 'Jump To Bottom' options in settings
Added 'Reverse Sort' option on context menu

Thanks. Here's an idea for a feature. Create a list of all the TV series a user has in XBMC then query TVRage to see if they're still active. If true then automatically add those to watched shows in the plugin.
Dobyken Wrote:Thanks. Here's an idea for a feature. Create a list of all the TV series a user has in XBMC then query TVRage to see if they're still active. If true then automatically add those to watched shows in the plugin.

I've added this functionality. I'm going to make adding canceled shows a settings option and do some testing and tweaking and then I'll release the new version.
ruuk Wrote:I've added this functionality. I'm going to make adding canceled shows a settings option and do some testing and tweaking and then I'll release the new version.

Neat...but I bet you've been working on that feature all along. Unless you add some other features I'm not sure what optioning canceled shows would provide. Perhaps a summary of episodes as in total episodes and total unwatched. The TVrage API does provide the series end date so maybe that could be displayed.
Dobyken Wrote:Neat...but I bet you've been working on that feature all along.
Nope. Just started when you requested it. That'll be $50 Wink
Dobyken Wrote:Unless you add some other features I'm not sure what optioning canceled shows would provide. Perhaps a summary of episodes as in total episodes and total unwatched. The TVrage API does provide the series end date so maybe that could be displayed.
Currently when you select an episode you can view an episode list and episodes summaries of those episodes. Not everyone has all episodes in their library and may want to view this info. And as canceled shows are added to the bottom of the list, it doesn't interfere with it's main purpose.
Also I may, as you said, add other features. I've considered (among other things) adding a file renaming utility. So someone could, for instance, rename all their files with the episode name included. As an example, I have many files that are named in different formats with some having an episode name and some not.

btw, You did remind me that I should put the end date in the display.
Just messed with this script a bit and I love it! It was tough finding some shows (like two and a half men...I had to search two_and_a_half_men I think) but I figured it out. It is an excellent script. Thank you! I just wish I could get the updated one. Could you maybe post the zip file so we can install it instead of waiting for it to be updated on the repository? Smile

J_K_M_A_N
ruuk Wrote:Nope. Just started when you requested it. That'll be $50 Wink

btw, You did remind me that I should put the end date in the display.

I'd give you $50 if i had a job<grin>. My thoughts on the number of episodes/unwatched is so I could see that I have 4 episodes of "House" to watch and only one of "Bones" so I would give House my viewing priority...If the wife lets me. As for the file renamer..we already have tons of utilities that do it but none that hit anywhere near 100%. I just got done renaming 100 old episodes of Doctor Who all with names like
s02e02p1 Bla Bla Bla
s02e02P2 Bla Bla Bla

I used Thunar to bulk add Doctor Who to the beginning of the filenames but when s02e02p2 has to be converted to s02e06 it's a manual job by comparing the episode title to theTVDB series info. I haven't found any tools that add the s00e00 data based on the episode name especially in this case where there is already season/episode numbers....just the wrong ones. XBMC takes those numbers and makes it look like multiple copies of the same episode.
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:Just messed with this script a bit and I love it! It was tough finding some shows (like two and a half men...I had to search two_and_a_half_men I think) but I figured it out. It is an excellent script. Thank you! I just wish I could get the updated one. Could you maybe post the zip file so we can install it instead of waiting for it to be updated on the repository? Smile

Glad you like it. Thanks for pointing out the two and a half men thing. I found that adding underscores was better for any search (even two_men_half was better) and made the script automatically add them. That's especially useful for auto adding from the XBMC library which will be in the next version.

I'll probably wrap up the next version tomorrow and I'll post a link to a zip for that one here as well as post it for the repository.
One other thing I noticed (that you may already be addressing) is that the times for me are off. Any chance of setting an offset somehow? For me it would be a -1 hour. Maybe you could put that in the settings somewhere? Like an offset time by and have the arrows to go up or down hours. Smile

J_K_M_A_N
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon1