• 4(current)
Release TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon
basically, you don't need http if you use executehttpapi:

Code:
sql_data = "select tvshow.c00 , path.strPath from tvshow , path , tvshowlinkpath where path.idPath = tvshowlinkpath.idPath AND tvshow.idShow = tvshowlinkpath.idShow GROUP BY tvshow.c00"
        xml_data = xbmc.executehttpapi( "QueryVideoDatabase(%s)" % urllib.quote_plus( sql_data ), )

same way for you with a json request
ppic Wrote:basically, you don't need http if you use executebuiltin:

Code:
sql_data = "select tvshow.c00 , path.strPath from tvshow , path , tvshowlinkpath where path.idPath = tvshowlinkpath.idPath AND tvshow.idShow = tvshowlinkpath.idShow GROUP BY tvshow.c00"
        xml_data = xbmc.executehttpapi( "QueryVideoDatabase(%s)" % urllib.quote_plus( sql_data ), )

The httpapi is deprecated so I am not using it. I'm using the jsonrpc api which as far as I know does not have an xbmc.execute equivalent yet.
Posted version 0.9.5 for update to the repository.

Or get the zip here:

http://code.google.com/p/tvrage-eps/downloads/list

If the zip doesn't work then you may need to wait for the repository update.
Alternatively you can get my facebook image plugin from the repository which will cause the simplejson module to be installed which will fix the problem.

Sorry about the problems. Blush
I tested on 2 different computers, but some things just don't show up until you dump your program upon unsuspecting victims. Smile
Well, the other version worked fine on my HTPC box and the 9.5 version is now working on my work system so thank you very much. I really like this thing. I used to use mytvrss but it has been down and it doesn't list all the shows. They have to add them manually and with this I don't have to wait to add shows. As long as they are on tvrage, it works. Fantastic job!

J_K_M_A_N
ruuk Wrote:Posted version 0.9.5 for update to the repository.

Or get the zip here:

Tried out ..9.4 last night and .9.5 this morning...Mythbuntu 10.04. The "Add All" doesn't appear to be writing to the data file for me. It scans the TV series and prompts for verification for matching but they don't actually get added. I took a look at the "data" file in Userdata/Addonondata and it only contains the original 6 shows I added manually the other day. Wiping the old data file and rerunning the scan left me with zero shows in the list. One related issue on the new file scan. One of my series wasn't found in your search. Can an "Use Existing" selection be added to the prompt or "Skip".
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Great script! 3 things:

1. I noticed what I think is a bug... When I click on "Add show" with the mouse, I go to the add show dialog box.

However, when I navigate to it with my remote, and hit enter, it brings up the last show I had highlighted.

2. Earlier in the thread someone said, "This is a great start to your sickbeard plugin." I don't know if this was a joke, but... uh... PLEASE!?

3. Is there any way you and ppic could combine your scripts? I honestly think your interface is WAY better, and the fact that you can view a list of past episodes, but the fact that his scans the library and now has data access for skinners gives it a lot of power. I don't understand the whole one-episode-at-a-time list view interface. I know you could probably just both develop them separately, but it seems like both have the functionality that the other lacks.

Both TVguide scripts are really awesome (yours and ppic's)... the only thing that seems lacking is integrated functionality with xbmc and sickbeard/sabnzbd. I just keep imagining having an easily accessible and organized list of all episodes from any show that you want to search (like your script) but with the ability to get sickbeard to download that episode, or backlog it. And in addition, data access for skins and the ability to scan the library like ppic has in his script, and of course, the already awesome list of coming episodes.

It seems like between your script, ppic's script, and the sabnzbd script, almost all the functionality is there, but it just needs to be integrated and designed a single comprehensive script with an interface that has continuity.

Anyway, I'll stop confessing my dreams about YOUR script! Thanks for the great work!
branlr Wrote:Great script! 3 things:1. I noticed what I think is a bug... When I click on "Add show" with the mouse, I go to the add show dialog box.

However, when I navigate to it with my remote, and hit enter, it brings up the last show I had highlighted.

Thanks for pointing that out. That is indeed a bug. I just fixed it and that will be in the next version.

branlr Wrote:2. Earlier in the thread someone said, "This is a great start to your sickbeard plugin." I don't know if this was a joke, but... uh... PLEASE!?

Yeah, when he said that I had to google sickbeard to find out what it was. Sounds interesting but I don't use torrents for tvshows because whenever I do I get emails like this:
Quote:Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
It is unlikely I can/will develop for something I don't/can't use Sad

branlr Wrote:3. Is there any way you and ppic could combine your scripts? I honestly think your interface is WAY better, and the fact that you can view a list of past episodes, but the fact that his scans the library and now has data access for skinners gives it a lot of power. I don't understand the whole one-episode-at-a-time list view interface. I know you could probably just both develop them separately, but it seems like both have the functionality that the other lacks.
As for scanning the library, my script now has that function. I believe that ppic's main focus is the skin integration aspect (in fact when I released my script he said he was glad because he could focus on that) and that the interface is secondary. If the goal is to get his info to show up contextually with skin integration then his interface makes more sense. My main goal was to have a list of what's coming up next. I think that we're doing two different things and keeping them separate allows the user to only install the functionality they want. I'm not saying combining them is a bad idea, just that there are pros to not doing it as well.
Dobyken Wrote:Tried out ..9.4 last night and .9.5 this morning...Mythbuntu 10.04. The "Add All" doesn't appear to be writing to the data file for me. It scans the TV series and prompts for verification for matching but they don't actually get added. I took a look at the "data" file in Userdata/Addonondata and it only contains the original 6 shows I added manually the other day. Wiping the old data file and rerunning the scan left me with zero shows in the list. One related issue on the new file scan. One of my series wasn't found in your search. Can an "Use Existing" selection be added to the prompt or "Skip".

What is probably happening is that some error is occurring before it saves. If you could do the scan and then find the error in .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and post that here it would help. The error will have NOTICE tags in the log.
That would also cause it to miss shows if the error is happening before the show.
The script doesn't search the library, it just asks XBMC for it's list of TV Shows, checks each one to see if we already have it in the list, and if not it queries TVRage with the show name. It then goes through the resulting list and if one of them matches closely enough it adds it automatically, if none match close enough it asks you to pick. If you close the dialog without selecting anything nothing will be added.

I'm actually not clear on what you are saying at the end there. Did it prompt you on a show already in your list or did it not prompt/add it at all. If it was the former, having both the TVRage name and the XBMC library name would help me figure out why.
ruuk Wrote:As for scanning the library, my script now has that function. I believe that ppic's main focus is the skin integration aspect (in fact when I released my script he said he was glad because he could focus on that) and that the interface is secondary. If the goal is to get his info to show up contextually with skin integration then his interface makes more sense. My main goal was to have a list of what's coming up next. I think that we're doing two different things and keeping them separate allows the user to only install the functionality they want. I'm not saying combining them is a bad idea, just that there are pros to not doing it as well.

totally what i have in mind, and what i tell !
i won't improve my GUI part, just there to show next aired list and access settings.
i focuse on skin integration and interaction in background, so ruuk script is to have acces to full informations.

i think the same as him, our work is complementary.
XmemphistoX Wrote:Awesome script. Is there anyway to get this incorporated into the TV Shows menu addons rather than Programs?
I'm thinking of creating a video plugin that simply launches the script. Then you could launch it from 'Video Add-ons' (Note: If anyone cares about this let me know)

Not sure that would do what you want. In Confluence, TV SHOWS doesn't have a menu for addons and I wouldn't think that other skins do (unless it's the same content as VIDEO) as there isn't a separate plugin type for tv shows and video.
It's in programs because it's not a plugin and doesn't operate like a plugin.
ppic Wrote:basically, you don't need http if you use executehttpapi
same way for you with a json request

I searched around on google and couldn't find an xbmc.excute for json.
Then I tried xbmc.executejsonapi() and that didn't work.
Finally I put
Code:
for k in xbmc.__dict__.keys(): print k
in my script and found xbmc.executeJSONRPC()!

I tried that and it works.

Also I have written a nice little python jsonrpc api. It will work via xbmc.executeJSONAPI or via HTTP using the same interface.

An example:
Code:
import jsonrpc

api = jsonrpc.jsonrpcAPI()
#or
api = jsonrpc.jsonrpcAPI(mode='http',url='http://192.168.1.5:8080/jsonrpc',user='user',password='password')
seasonsarray = api.VideoLibrary.GetSeasons(tvshowid="idhere")

As you can see it mirrors the format of the jsonrpc. It also should be future-proof as it doesn't have to 'physically' implement the methods.

Anyway, if you if anyone else is interested in using it let me know and I'll make it available.
ruuk Wrote:What is probably happening is that some error is occurring before it saves. If you could do the scan and then find the error in .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and post that here it would help. The error will have NOTICE tags in the log.
That would also cause it to miss shows if the error is happening before the show.
library name would help me figure out why.

Here's the log entries..hope it helps.
http://pastebin.com/g6UzhUp8

On the second item

"I'm actually not clear on what you are saying at the end there. Did it prompt you on a show already in your list or did it not prompt/add it at all. If it was the former, having both the TVRage name and the XBMC library name would help me figure out why."

What i meant was one of my obscure shows (Helen of Troy Minseries) could not be matched in TVRage. A list of similar names came up but none of them were the correct show. The only option at that point is to close the list with by clicking X or hit escape which then makes the search continue like it should. I was just suggesting that there be an option in the list of TVRage suggested shows that allows you to select the name just as it's entered in XBMC.
ruuk Wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. That is indeed a bug. I just fixed it and that will be in the next version.
Yeah, when he said that I had to google sickbeard to find out what it was. Sounds interesting but I don't use torrents for tvshows because whenever I do I get emails like this:

Sickbeard isn't really designed for torrents...more for UseNet which does not display your IP connection to anyone. The worst that has happened so far is that a Media company may ask for a DMCA takedown but to my knowledge no downloader has ever been issued a notice. One UseNet index site (not the actual provider) was forced to close in England but that's all I can think of. If you're uploading stuff to UseNet then there is always a possibility that through a court order the provider might have to give up info on the uploader.
Dobyken Wrote:What i meant was one of my obscure shows (Helen of Troy Minseries) could not be matched in TVRage. A list of similar names came up but none of them were the correct show. The only option at that point is to close the list with by clicking X or hit escape which then makes the search continue like it should. I was just suggesting that there be an option in the list of TVRage suggested shows that allows you to select the name just as it's entered in XBMC.

The list that it shows is what TVRage returned as matching what is entered in XBMC. When you select from that list the script gets info for the show based on the associated show id. Adding the XBMC name to this list doesn't make sense in this context, if you see what I mean. When this happens either TVRage doesn't have info on this show, or you may have to search manually and edit your search terms.

Thanks for the log. That showed me the bug and I'm posting a link here for the update in a second.
Here's an update with some bug fixes.
It also no longer needs HTTP enabled for access to the library (though you can still configure it to use HTTP in settings if you want to pull the data from another computer running XBMC instead)

Here's the link:

I'm not posting to the repository right now because they don't like daily updates Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon1