Xstocks - up on download page
great little script. i am using the version that is changed showing tsx on the front page instead of sp500.

i have been away from the xbox "scene" for a few months. i just had other stuff to take care of but now that i am back there is a lot of great new scripts, changes to xbmc,etc.

is there anyway for your script to automatically grab your existing portfolio from my.yahoo.com finance portfolio? i just literally installed it and haven't started entering any portfolio data yet but it is pretty neat from what i have seen so far.
hi to get quotes in other markets, use reuters code instead of ticker symbol. the ric codes are encoded like this:

{nnnn}.{market}

for example, 0005.hk will get you hsbc and 6758.f will give u sony listed at frankfurt.
hi everyone,
i've added complete scrolling behavior (had to emulate pageup/down, moveup/down, scrollup/down commands) and the ability to sort by the different columns.

before i release it officially though i am going to finish the portfolio work. there is framework in the code for portfolios right now but its not in the gui yet. i was wondering though if anyone wanted to volunteer to make some default portfolios of stocks for a few sectors. i made one for tech as

Quote:"technology" - msft,ibm,aapl,yhoo,goog,nvda,intc,amd,dell,hpq,sunw,csco,mmm,orcl,qcom

if someone could collect some portfolios in a few more sectors (or add alot more to the tech sector) that would be really helpful. i think sectors like "aviation" "biomed" "retail" etc will be nice... include any stocks you can get from finance.yahoo.com and try to keep it below to 100 or so per sector. just post it here in the above format (if its really long add linebreaks) and i will include it in the defaults for the script. thanks!

threezee - id like to finish this off before asking you to put it on scriptrunner :d
10-4 good buddy.
i was able to find a decent enough web site and made some rough portfolios for some sectors (i just selected the companies i heard about though). if people tweek this thing out please post lists here though!

here is the grand 1.0 version... it took some 30 hours of work and makes use of 208 controls (grid layout is hardwork).
i really concentrated an heavily on the interface and hope you all like it :-)

http://www.filespace.org/asteron/xstocks.rar
edit: mirror = http://fast.filespace.org/asteron/xstocks.rar
again new in this version is scrolling, sorting and builtin multiple portfolios.

edit: added screenshot http://www.filespace.org/asteron/xstocks.png
http://fast.filespace.org/asteron/xstocks.png
also fixed a small bug.

-ast
hi there, with all of the great work you have done on this script i almost feel like an a$$ for asking this but, is there wa way to modify the script so that it brings up charts with indicators such as macd/stoch/volume and in a candle stick chart format. when you browes the finance.yahoo.com you can drill down in a stock and create better charts, and i notice that as you do that the url changes as it adds things such as macd. was thinking it would be great to have that built in.

cheers
anything to make it better... and there is still a lot of room on the graph screen for stuff. could you provide a url of an image with all that stuff turned on (and label the arguments too if you could)? at least the url of the web page that has the image would be useful as i dont know what a macd (is it a mcdonalds?) or a stoch is or how to turn them on Smile i know how to get the volume and the candle though (&a=v and &q=c). i didnt see any option on yahoo for the other two but im sure its there.

honestly i'm more interested in programming and interface stuff than stocks so dont really know all the jargon. ohhh a widget that would look great for these options though would be a simple checkbox widget. making it out of a button should be pretty easy and i should be able to emulate the xbmc checkboxes pretty easily .. and make it in another module too.

earlier caddie mentioned i should use http://stockcharts.com/gallery?msft but i couldnt figure out how to get simple looking charts over a range of times (and interday) like yahoo.
tonguefu, excellent idea to add chart analysis to charts.

asteron, i must thank you for this script. i check my stocks every couple of hours for ones im trading, and its nice to be able to do that from my armchair, without having to go to bloomberg channel and use their interactive service which sux.

it would be nice to have all the features on the ta chart, but here are the most important ones to me:-

macd indicator
volume
moving average (all period options)
ema (exponential moving average - all period options)
fast stochastic
slow stochastic

fyi indicators are technical indicators about a particular chart and it allows you to make an informed decision abaou tthe future of the stock based on the chart.

a further request to really top this script off would be to add currency exchange rates. most notably

eur - us dollar (with daily change percentage indicator)
gbp - us dollar
us dollar - yen

that way, i know if my us stocks have gone down by 1%, but the us dollar/gbp has gone up by 2%, they have still made a profit :-)

many thanks for your hard work on this script. it has made me very happy.

i will post information about each indicator in a following message
ok, here is what i think about the generation of the indicator overlays on stock charts.

i am using eds as the stock of choice (my former employer lol)

so here is a quick overview, of what i think of how the url is constructed:-

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=eds....p=&a=fs

s= - stock ticker eg eds

t= - chart period - values (1 - 1day,5 - 5days,3m - 3months,6m,1y,2y,5y,my - maxyear)

q= line chart - values (l - line, b - bar, c - candlestick)

l= - chart scale - values (on - linear, off - logorithmic)

z= - chart size - values (m - medium, l - large)

p= - adds overlays - values (m5,m10,m20,m50,m100,m200,e5, e10, e20, e50, e100, e200) there can be multiple overlays separated by commas (eg, m20,e20,m200,e200)

p= - can also add other overlays - values (b - bollinger bands, p - parabolic sar, s - splits, v - volume)

a= - adds an analysis chart - values (m26-12-9 - macd, f14 - mfi (14 day period hence number 14), p12 - roc, r14 - rsi (14 dat period hence number 14 - can be customised), ss - slow stochastic, fs - fast stochastic, v - volume, vm - volume and moving average, w14 - w%r (14 day period hence number 14)

c= - compare to another stock (another stock ticker eg ^ixic for nasdaq, or msft for microsoft)

you probably already know most of these, but i put them on to help me understand it as well as others. hope you find the analysis codes and overlay codes useful, and i hope you can find time to include the analysis options into the script :-)
note on the analysys charts, there can also me multiple analysis charts, and these parameters are also separated by commas

eg:-

a=ff,ss

to add both a fast stochastic and a slow stochastic.
(morphman @ feb. 22 2005,18:28 Wrote:you probably already know most of these, but i put them on to help me understand it as well as others. hope you find the analysis codes and overlay codes useful, and i hope you can find time to include the analysis options into the script :-)
wow nice analysis there. i knew of about half of those options but the other ones i couldnt even figure out how to show on the web site Smile

alright so it looks like the chart screen is going to get a major redesign. fortunately that code is the easiest to change since no other screens depend on it. those analysis charts make the chart taller so i'd have to look out for that in the layout which could be tricky. comparing stocks is the other tricky thing as i would need an interface to present a stock list on the graph screen... (maybe should just boot to the main screen?), or i could just cop out and use the keyboard. the rest of the options seem pretty easy.

maybe with all these options i should have a preview window of the chart in a corner and a full screen maximize action for the chart as well? or i could put all the extra controls in a popup osd.... maybe i will get lucky and things will fit. hmm, i have some thinking to do on the interface/layout for this.

also i wonder if there can be a portfolio of currencies... if that makes sence.

-ast
yes, the currencies have stock tocker codes

pound - us dollar - gbpusd=x (you need the =x part)
euro - dollar - eurusd=x
japanese yen - us dollar - usdjpy=x

there are others you could consider also, if you included them into a portfolio. thats a better idea than a separate currency page.

im not able to get to my xbox till the weekend, so havnt seen the new script in action.

does the portfolio feature allow you to store your starting price, and starting volume information, so you can see how much you have made on each trade? if so, you could add a currency option to see if you have made/lost any money on the currency underlying ont hat trade as well?
(morphman @ feb. 23 2005,09:31 Wrote:does the portfolio feature allow you to store your starting price, and starting volume information, so you can see how much you have made on each trade? if so, you could add a currency option to see if you have made/lost any money on the currency underlying ont hat trade as well?
no the portfolios are only named groups of stocks.
specifying that seems doable eventually...

im making it so that everything can be done in the interface without editting text files though... so id need to think of a nice way to do it and maybe rework the main table too.
asteron - this script is mint !! and definately my favorite

thanks for you dev work on it.... i have pm'd you a stock that you will make money on if you are "in" the stock market.

if you're not - and this one does make money, i'll paypal you some for your work on this,

thanks !
xbox 1.2 - xecuter 2.3b lite - xir remote - 80mm mod - 120g maxtor 8mb cache - samsung dvd & networked xbmc - harmony 680 remote
by chance how would one remove the second texture refrence and drop the stock listings x & y quardinates (i am playing with pm 3 and need to shift some of it and as there is so much code i wouldn't want to bugger it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xstocks - up on download page0