XMBC for windows on ION 330?
hi guys im looking at getting an ION 330 for my mum to run XBMC on it as a dedicated media server.

however im not sure how it will handle on win 7.

im not very good with linux etc and i've got installing XBMC with the skins i need and remote support dumbed down as easy as possible with windows and am wondering if anyone else has used win 7 XBMC on an ion 330 system?

i plan on having 4gb of ram and a 40gb SSD of some sort as the OS drive, so im hoping it will handle XBMC fine but if i have to i'll install linux.

i just like the windows version as i have an easy to use Reg key to add for MCE remote support and everything else is easy to setup.
I just switched from Linux to Windows 7 on my Asrock 330 ION and it works like a charm, so go for it!
A friend uses XBMC on an Asrock 330HT with Win7 and he is very pleased with it.

JR
I am running Win7 and XBMC Dharma beta 2 on a custom built ION + single core Atom 230 @ 1920*1080 and while desktop performance is quite sluggish due to the extremely weak CPU, media playback is absolutely smooth with DXVA2.
djon Wrote:I just switched from Linux to Windows 7 on my Asrock 330 ION and it works like a charm, so go for it!

thanks just what i needed. will only be playing max 720p movies anyway so im glad, will pick one up now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC for windows on ION 330?0