Remote Share Issue
Not too sure if this is a windows problem, hopefully you guys can shed some light on it.

Running XP with Dharma 2 and my NAS is just mapped as a network drive, hooked up gigabit wired.

After power up on the system if I open XBMC it says remote share not available. If I close XBMC and open the network drive in windows and then re-open XBMC it finds the share without issues.

Did not get a log but at this point not sure what is going on. When opening the NAS drive in wondows it seems pretty instant so I do not think it is the NAS spinning up the drives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Windows may not connect the network drive until it's used for the first time. If you start the PC then open a command prompt and type "net use" you may see the drive showing as disconnected. The initial reconnection can take a second or two and this is probably what is upsetting XBMC. The time to reconnect depends on lots of things and to be honest frequently seems completely random!

The easy way to get round this is not to use a mapped drive as the source. I use a UNC name. Click Add Source then Browse and choose "Add network location" (you need to scroll the list down to see this). Leave the protocol as "Windows network (SMB)" and fill in the server and share name and username and password if needed.

JR
Thanks for the help JR

I will check out the net use as well as change over to SMB.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share Issue0