Suggestion: Some customisable function buttons
Hi guys,

Love the work you're doing on the XBMC remote, and its good to see it improving steadily (the current beta doesnt seem to do the crazy 'button stuck' effect anymore).

Only thing it feels like its missing compared to a normal remote is the lack of customisable buttons; I watch a lot of foreign language material and although I can set 2 buttons up on a keyboard to cycle subs and audio, it'd be great if I could configure the XBMC Android remote to do the same, as I'd be able to dump the keyboard!

Perhaps give an option to show either the video/music/pictures etc buttons, or replace them with 4 custom buttons Smile

Either that or buttons for cycling subs/audio...but I figure general custom buttons would benefit more users in general!

Laugh

Edit: No actually it does still do the 'infinite button/button stuck' just not as much.
I'd like this feature also... to have the ability to send an HTTP command to another program (specifically EventGhost) would be perfect. Ideally the ability to create buttons for EventGhost macros Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Being curious. For what purpose are you using the EventGhost?
EG manages switching apps, send/receive/routing IR commands to apps and other hardware, interfaces my apps with my home automation.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I would really love this feature of customizable buttons. Perhaps even some feedback indicators too!
The purpose for me would be to leverage the RS232 control capability of my AV Receiver and my Projector. I would like to use the XBMC remote control to turn those devices on and off, select proper inputs, control volume and mute.
thank you very much for the feature consideration.
not on top on my list. i dont have any home automation and most people dont either, so i guess you'll have to write a patch for this one yourself.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:not on top on my list. i dont have any home automation and most people dont either, so i guess you'll have to write a patch for this one yourself.

Hi freezy,

do you have any recommended way how to customize the application? Are there any hooks or something like that?

I'm looking for an easy way to merge my customization with the further development made by the project/you.
Agree with OP. Would be even cooler to take it one step further and let the user punch in the actual event code they want to send (not sure what API the remote is using, but I know they're well documented), then have it do whatever they want. Maybe have a few "presets" available like Update Library or Favorites in addition to the Pictures, TV, etc you already have. Add in the option to label the buttons in the app itself and I'm sold (literally - I'd donate for the app as it is now if Android Market had this functionality).

Anyway, just a suggestion - could be useful, and would make this app even more amazing than it is Smile keep up the good work freezy!
Id love customizable buttons, i know many dont have home automation, but a screen thats just blank to allow users to add whatever buttons they wished would great. I understand if its a lot of work though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion: Some customisable function buttons1