Play album of currently playing song
I’ve been using XBMC with the Aeon skin on my media center for about a year now and I’m very pleased with it all! I’ve had to tweak the Aeon skin a bit to get some extra features I liked. One of them was a shuffle submenu item under Music (partymode?). It plays a playlist I made that puts 500 random songs in its playlist.

<label>SHUFFLE</label>
<onclick>XBMC.PlayMedia(C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\randomplay.xsp)</onclick>

8 out of the 10 times I play music I use this submenu item because sometimes you just don’t know exactly what music from your library you’d like to play. But it happens a lot you really get into one of the random songs that’s playing and you want to listen to that whole album. Now I have to stop the playlist and open my library to find the particular album, but it would be great if I could just hit one remote button to start playing the album of that song.
Does the XMBC skin language have some sort of Play Album of Current Song function, something like playAlbum(currentlyPlaying.album)? I couldn’t find anything on that.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play album of currently playing song0