"new add-ons available" "add-ons have been updated" notifications?
Hi all!

1.) Is Dharma supposed to notify the user when new add-ons appear available in the repositories (not updates to existing add-ons)?

I ask because I'm using Dharma (beta1 and then beta2) for a few weeks, and I never saw such a notification.
Maybe it's just that new add-ons haven't been added to the repository (I have added several other add-on repositories found in the wiki) for a few weeks?

2.) I have recently (about a week go) enabled the add-ons auto-update option, and ever since, I never again saw any add-on update notification. Do add-ons auto-update completely silently when that option is on? I was expecting to see some sort of "some of your add-ons have been updated" or some such.

3.) Related to 2. (when auto-updating is on), is there some sort of centralized "add-on update history" list one can peek at to see all recent add-on updates that Dharma pulled in one go? That is, instead of having to go through each add-on looking at its release history one by one (and see #4 below). Something like a list like:
  • year-month-date: foo plugin updated to version yyy. update log: ...
  • year-month-date: bar plugin updated to version xxx. update log: ...

4.) I miss some timestamp in each entry in an add-on release history. Currently, when we look at an add-on's release history, we have no clue _when_ was a given release/update released.

Cheers!
We're looking into adding a complete set of notification and functionality settings for addons in the next release, but it was too much for Dharma.

Many of those things bother me as well, so I'll be pushing hard for configurability.
2) Definitely doesn't happen silently, you get a notification when stuff is updated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Clumsy Wrote:2) Definitely doesn't happen silently, you get a notification when stuff is updated.

Hmmm. Maybe I just happen to not be staring at the TV at the time the updates have been happening?

Plex (at least 8, didn't try 9) solves this in two ways:

1.) by displaying a "some of your add-ons have been auto-updated" message box when you go to the "apps" section (the equivalent of going to settings/add-ons on xbmc). So I'm sure not to miss it. (They also have an update history entry there, like the #3 in the original post above.)

2.) by displaying add-on update messages along with other news entries in the scrolling news footnote (what's that called?). Something like: "* 2030-05-20 - youtube add-on updated * 2030-05-19 - Dharma beta24534 released! * 2020-04-03 so long xbox9000!"

Is there a forum / mailing-list / svn repository one can peek at to see/infer the official add-ons update history?

What is Dharma's update poll frequency (or poll points) so I can keep an eye out on whether updates are working correctly?
It polls every 6 hours, assuming that video isn't playing.

And all updates post a notification when done, no matter where you are in the UI. Currently they're posted when they're updated, so you could certainly miss 'em if you weren't at the machine when it occurred.

Your suggestions are good and will certainly be considered for the next release.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I noticed yesterday that the notification pops up while playing a video but I thought this had been disabled previously.
Hitcher Wrote:I noticed yesterday that the notification pops up while playing a video but I thought this had been disabled previously.

Should not happen. Maybe you got the pop-up while pausing/seeking ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Notification could pop up if the update was triggered prior to video start. We only don't trigger updates if videos are playing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"new add-ons available" "add-ons have been updated" notifications?0