• 8(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version
skijk Wrote:I am running it on an old Revo and its working fine.
Not at all as slow as Aeon and the others.

That's one of the reasons I always liked Rapier.

If thats the case.. Let me try once more. I shall update everything, XBMC and the skin, and go through my settings one more time to see if anything has changed.
CharredChar Wrote:Im using a Zotec Ion board. As stated before the version before ran smoothly and only time it gave me loading issues was when I had the weather on every screen and it was updating constantly.

With this version, it seems no matter what action I do I have to wait atleast 10 seconds for anything to happen. And this is Everything except scrolling. If I click a menu, go back, select a video, you name it, it got to the point of being unusable. And this was with all my settings and views just like it was before.

Ive since went back to the default skin (though I honestly hate it compared to Rapier) and I have no lag issues what so ever, everything is instant, like the previous versions of Rapier.

Im not trying to sound like a prick when I say this, but this is horrible. You should not modify a "simple skin" with so much junk that you dont even see to where it cant be run on simple hardware. If I can play 1080p video I shouldnt be having such issues. The whole point of such a skin over something like the default is because it is so simple and elegant, but now it feels like a pig just because it takes so long to do any action. Even if you added more views and items, if all of my settings were the same as before than it should act the same as before or better. If not, something is seriously wrong and Im really disappointed if I cant use such a lovely skin anymore because of it.

Well you failed in your hope of of not sound like a prick. Everyone who makes skins or mod them do so in there own time. I am not forcing you to use this mod. If you don't want all the so called junk why did you even install the mod instead of just using the plain vanilla Rapier.

I noticed you have made only 5 posts you are obviously one of those selfish people who takes but never gives back.

Well you have succeeded, I quit. I will upload my latest version that adds the last user requests when I the chance but that will be my last public release.
I created an account just to respond to this.

Rapier / Qualar mod is not "slow". I have been running this for a long time now on a stock Acer Revo 1600 (1gb of ram) with NO issues. Skins such as this one can become slow as they are so customizable. I had experienced some performance issues when I turned on multiple images in the Movie and TV Shows areas of the Home menu, but I fixed the issue by simply converting my images from jpeg to png. It is extremely disrespectful to come here and bash somebody's work. These people are not paid to do this and dedicate a lot of their time and energy to bring some really cool things to our living rooms.

Mr Qualar: I truly hope that you do not quit as your mod is by far the best received skin in my household. It is both easy to navigate and it looks amazing. Every time someone sees my TV in action, they are impressed. This is because of your work. Thank you for your time and efforts!
Qualar, just wanted to echo berg01 and say your skin is very much appreciated and has been my default since it's inception (over the already great default Rapier skin). I'll be sorry to see you go but having done some skinning way back I can appreciate the response to the post above. It's a hell of a lot of work and takes a lot of time to maintain, especially with the XBMC featureset updating so frequently. Anyway, thanks again for producing a beautiful skin that impresses the hell out of everybody who sees it (The Ken Burns effect alone is worth using it for!).
Seoras Wrote:Qualar, just wanted to echo berg01 and say your skin is very much appreciated and has been my default since it's inception (over the already great default Rapier skin). I'll be sorry to see you go but having done some skinning way back I can appreciate the response to the post above. It's a hell of a lot of work and takes a lot of time to maintain, especially with the XBMC featureset updating so frequently. Anyway, thanks again for producing a beautiful skin that impresses the hell out of everybody who sees it (The Ken Burns effect alone is worth using it for!).

I was just a bit tired when I made my last comment having just got back from work. I will continue work on the skin in reponse to peoples requests.
Thanks for the hard work Qualar. I try out new skins and media front ends all the time on test machines hoping to be wowed by something new but I have yet to go live with any of them on my HTPC because they just do not compare to XBMC+Qualar's Rapier MOD.

Thanks again !!
I added "not to sound like a prick" because I dont want you to think I dont appreciate yours or anyone else's work that is put into an open community of people that are doing such great things for no more of a reason than to do it.

I personally Love this skin, Id much rather use it than any other and I know for a fact I couldnt come up with anything better myself, which is why I even bothered making a comment about it being so slow in the first place. One of your previous versions was perfectly fine and ran almost as quick as the default skin, though still a tad slower than 3.06. Suddenly the next version was so bad it was unusable, that typically indicates an issue with the skin/program.

Like I said, I wiped clean and started anew, even updated to RC1 (I believe I was on Beta 4 before doing so) as well as version 4.3 of your mod. Though it is still not as snappy as one of your previous versions I used, I am no longer experiencing the issues I was before the reinstall. Again, everything set up as I like and have always had it.
Thank you for a lovely MOD of this skin....it´s simply the best if anyone asks me. One particular thing that I would love to see is an updated dialog-seekbar who shows clearart for movies on -pause- or perhaps it thumbsHuh?. The logos now works perfectly for tv-shows though. So a little bit of more "bling bling" to the pause function and/or menu bar.

Thanks / H3NK3
h3nk3 Wrote:Thank you for a lovely MOD of this skin....it´s simply the best if anyone asks me. One particular thing that I would love to see is an updated dialog-seekbar who shows clearart for movies on -pause- or perhaps it thumbsHuh?. The logos now works perfectly for tv-shows though. So a little bit of more "bling bling" to the pause function and/or menu bar.

Thanks / H3NK3

This has already been added. Just not uploaded the new version yet. I am only uploading every few months now because someone earlier in the thread said it was boring having to keep downloading updates.
qualar Wrote:I actually did code it but decided to remove it because most peoples collections are full of albums that don't have album art.

Oh okay, you don't happen to have to files still though, because I do have album art for all my albums and I'd really like this. No problem if you don't though, I'll try to figure it out myself then, but it'd be time wasted if you still had the files.

Another question, which may be stupid, but I couldn't find it: is there a way to enable the Subtitles plugin button for your Rapier mod?

Thanks in advance!
perrin666 Wrote:Oh okay, you don't happen to have to files still though, because I do have album art for all my albums and I'd really like this. No problem if you don't though, I'll try to figure it out myself then, but it'd be time wasted if you still had the files.

Another question, which may be stupid, but I couldn't find it: is there a way to enable the Subtitles plugin button for your Rapier mod?

Thanks in advance!

It is in skin seetings scripts. But it may only be in my version that is not uploaded yet. I cannot remember when I added that option. I am uploading it for you now.

Sorry I dont have the wallview code. But all you need to do is use the movie wallview as a starting point.
Version 4.4 now uploaded.
qualar Wrote:I am only uploading every few months now because someone earlier in the thread said it was boring having to keep downloading updates.
well, he was actually saying it was boring to manually update the mod when he was requesting a way to automatically update it through svn. but anyway it's just his opinion, I think most of us are looking forward to your updates, and we love getting them as soon as they're done. who finds updating boring can always update monthly, anually, or never at all.
r1ctus Wrote:well, he was actually saying it was boring to manually update the mod when he was requesting a way to automatically update it through svn. but anyway it's just his opinion, I think most of us are looking forward to your updates, and we love getting them as soon as they're done. who finds updating boring can always update monthly, anually, or never at all.

If someone wants to set up the git or SVN I will do it that way. But I am not sure how to go about it because it says you cannot submit xpr files. My skin has the different themes stored in xpr files.
Thanks for the background during now playing.

I notice that the red part in my screenshot disapears after some seconds. Is it possible to have it always visible or at least an option to have it.

Glad that you continue to work and made public release for your mod. I really like your work!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version4