Fanart in home screen backgrounds issue
Hey everyone,

I've been using transparency for a month or so now and I think it's by far the best XBMC skin I've used. I do have one question/complaint, however:

In Skin Settings > Background > (category name), I have enabled "fanart" for both my TV Shows and Movies items. This works *almost* as I'd expected, with one glitch: each category shows fanart from both! For obvious aesthetic reasons, I'd rather keep them separate.

Now, I know I could keep them separated manually, by putting all the images in a folder or something and designating them as a custom folder for those slideshows, but that seems like a lot of work to make something just work as intended (or, as I'm assuming was intended.)

So, my question is: Is there a setting I'm missing, which could keep my TV fanart images and Movie fanart images separate? If not, where are all the fanart images stored, so I can make my own custom folders?

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work.

edit: did a little digging and found where the fanart images are stored, so that part is resolved. Any advice on how to solve this problem in a non-workaround way would be great, though.
xbmc stores (caches) your movie and tv show fanart in the same folder,
so there's nothing i can do.

there's a script available to separate them:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56153
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
well hey, that'll do just fine. Saves me the manual labor of sorting them, which is really all I was ever bothered about.

Thanks a bunch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart in home screen backgrounds issue0