Problem debugging across xnetstartup
hi,

i'm trying to get familiar with the tools before i jump into xbmc development. i have a sample app i've built with the xdk, and have my xbox running a debug bios and the xdk launcher. the problem occurs when i try to step over the xnetstartup function. the debugger hangs. if i run the app without breakpoints it works fine. calling wsastartup produces the same problem, so i suspect a network/debug issue.

is this normal, and is there a workaround? i can post version information for things but i thought it might be a known issue.

thanks,

blkblt
surely someone out there has tried debugging a network-enabled xbox app with visual studio.net...were you able to step through the network initialization alright, or did it hang like it does for me?

many thanks,

/blkblt
just make sure you're title ip and debug ip are not set to the same ip addres.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for your reply! i set the debug address in visual studio to match the one in the xdk launcher...where do i set the title ip?

thanks,

/blkblt
you can set it in your debug dash, else you can read some tutorials at xbox-scene.com. i believe they have a tutorial covering it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks very much, that fixed the problem! both ip addresses are easily settable in the xdk launcher dashboard.

/blkblt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem debugging across xnetstartup0