• 10(current)
Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.1
hi ronie,

finally updated my XBMC and upgraded to your new skin version. really liking a lot of the changes you made. great work, still the best XBMC skin by far.

i noticed some of the manual changes i made to your old skin are now toggle options (watched/unwatched flag boxes, etc).

here's the other stuff i manually removed right away:

-music artist thumbnail pics in fanart view (and moved description text over to the left farther)
-ratings in music media info view
-movie trailers in fanart view
-move ratings in fanart view
-tv show watched/unwatched count in fanart view

not sure if any of those would be options in future versions...but they're all easy enough to remove via XML anyway.

anyway, some questions if you have time:

1) i couldn't find where to remove the IMDB# in the movie fanart view - nothing turned up in view-fanart.xml for "imdb".

2) which XML file has the home menu order? i didn't see them in home.xml like previous version of the skin, though i might have just missed it.

3) how hard would it be for me to swap the tv/dvd/blu-ray cases with the old clear case from previous versions of the skin?

4) i added 2 .ttf font files (tahoma and verdana) and edited fonts.xml - basically copying the fontset for arial and replacing instances of "arial" witht the font names. whem switching to the fonts in the skin settings, i get the transparency default font. am i missing something simple?

5) is the "resume" option that comes up when selecting a video file (after you've played it previously) a skin option or a general XBMC option? i know i got rid of it on my old version but now i can't seem to find how to remove it.

thanks...
Thanks for the reply Ronie, But I figured out the problem right after I read your reply. The problem was me! I use a wireless keyboard and I believe it was "Off" when I tried to use it earlier with XBMC. I made sure I turned it "On" now and it works just fine. Not one of my brightest moments! Hehe.
kmfdm515 Wrote:1) i couldn't find where to remove the IMDB# in the movie fanart view - nothing turned up in view-fanart.xml for "imdb".

Look for "top250" instead of "imdb"
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
kmfdm515 Wrote:hi ronie,

finally updated my XBMC and upgraded to your new skin version. really liking a lot of the changes you made. great work, still the best XBMC skin by far.

i noticed some of the manual changes i made to your old skin are now toggle options (watched/unwatched flag boxes, etc).

here's the other stuff i manually removed right away:

-music artist thumbnail pics in fanart view (and moved description text over to the left farther)
-ratings in music media info view
-movie trailers in fanart view
-move ratings in fanart view
-tv show watched/unwatched count in fanart view

not sure if any of those would be options in future versions...but they're all easy enough to remove via XML anyway.

the only thing that would qualify is the movie trailer icon.

kmfdm515 Wrote:anyway, some questions if you have time:

1) i couldn't find where to remove the IMDB# in the movie fanart view - nothing turned up in view-fanart.xml for "imdb".

see above...

kmfdm515 Wrote:2) which XML file has the home menu order? i didn't see them in home.xml like previous version of the skin, though i might have just missed it.

Includes_Home.xml

kmfdm515 Wrote:3) how hard would it be for me to swap the tv/dvd/blu-ray cases with the old clear case from previous versions of the skin?

pretty hard, the new cases have different dimension, so you can't replace them with the old one. you would need to resize/reposition the cases and covers everywhere they are used.

kmfdm515 Wrote:4) i added 2 .ttf font files (tahoma and verdana) and edited fonts.xml - basically copying the fontset for arial and replacing instances of "arial" witht the font names. whem switching to the fonts in the skin settings, i get the transparency default font. am i missing something simple?

pastebin your Fonts.xml and i'll have a peek.

kmfdm515 Wrote:5) is the "resume" option that comes up when selecting a video file (after you've played it previously) a skin option or a general XBMC option? i know i got rid of it on my old version but now i can't seem to find how to remove it.

Settings > Videos > File lists > Default select action
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
clock2113 Wrote:Look for "top250" instead of "imdb"

perfect, thanks!

ronie Wrote:Includes_Home.xml
got it...thanks ronie.

ronie Wrote:pretty hard, the new cases have different dimension, so you can't replace them with the old one. you would need to resize/reposition the cases and covers everywhere they are used.
i see. what about if i took the image of the old clear version and then adjusted it in photoshop to fit the new cover size? would that be possible?

ronie Wrote:pastebin your Fonts.xml and i'll have a peek.

got this one...xml error. thanks anyway though.

ronie Wrote:Settings > Videos > File lists > Default select action
hmmm...i already had it set to 'play', but it still brings up the menu to choose between resume and start from the beginning. not sure why. is the 'File Lists' menu not applicable to Library mode?
I really like this skin!
Noticed an issue with the Recently add movie info.

I am running the latest with the XBMC RC1, and have noticed an issue with the live version.

When you start XBMC, recently add movies don't show up on the home screen. I go into the "Settings>Skin Settings>Home window>Movies-Recently added" is marked. If I de-mark it, and the remark it, it works until I shutdown XBMC. When I restart XBMC, it no longer shows again.

Prior to updating to RC1 and/or doing the Transparency update, it seemed to work as it should.

I also run XBMC RC1 on Windows Vista and do not have this issue.
kmfdm515 Wrote:i see. what about if i took the image of the old clear version and then adjusted it in photoshop to fit the new cover size? would that be possible?

sure :-)

kmfdm515 Wrote:hmmm...i already had it set to 'play', but it still brings up the menu to choose between resume and start from the beginning.

i also find it a bit weird...if you set it to 'Resume', it will resume without asking,
but if you set it to 'Play' it indeed brings up the selection Play/Resume list.

anyways...not a skin issue, it's all handled by xbmc.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Tight_wad Wrote:When you start XBMC, recently add movies don't show up on the home screen. I go into the "Settings>Skin Settings>Home window>Movies-Recently added" is marked. If I de-mark it, and the remark it, it works until I shutdown XBMC. When I restart XBMC, it no longer shows again.

it did change a few things, recently added is now disabled by default (used to be enabled in previous versions).
though i can't explain your issue...

does recently added work at startup in other skins?

could you post a Debug Log of starting xbmc with T! and recenttlyadded settings enabled?
ronie Wrote:sure :-)
great. i've read that i can just place the new .png that is called in the xml into the 'media' folder...where could I grab the old clear dvd case you used (around Transparency! 1.0 or so)? the SVN only has current revs, correct?
kmfdm515 Wrote:great. i've read that i can just place the new .png that is called in the xml into the 'media' folder...where could I grab the old clear dvd case you used (around Transparency! 1.0 or so)? the SVN only has current revs, correct?

well, you'd have to replace both the dvd case and the bluray case images.
if you don't run the svn version, you'll have to grab the image sources there
and recompile Textures.xbt after you've replaced the images.
Hey ronie,

Congrats on the new update! T looks better than ever now... I love the new media flags, very nice looking. I also like the placeholder icons; now all my DVD ISO's look much less empty.

I do have one question though; nearly every movie I have either has subtitles in the directory, or in the DVD ISO, and the no-sub icon shows up for them. Is there a way to turn off the no-sub icon? Or add something to the nfo files to force a CC icon?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
ronie Wrote:well, you'd have to replace both the dvd case and the bluray case images.
if you don't run the svn version, you'll have to grab the image sources there
and recompile Textures.xbt after you've replaced the images.

i might be misunderstanding you...but you don't really need to use textures.xbt at all. i just tested it and it works fine by throwing a new .png in the 'media' folder and editing the XML to use that .png.

the only thing i don't have is the old clear DVD case you used in your older versions of the skin (it matched the CD case .png you are still using) to re-size.

did you make that .png or did you grab it from somewhere?
kmfdm515 Wrote:i might be misunderstanding you...but you don't really need to use textures.xbt at all. i just tested it and it works fine by throwing a new .png in the 'media' folder and editing the XML to use that .png.

ah, ok...if you edit the .xml files that'll work as well. :-)

kmfdm515 Wrote:the only thing i don't have is the old clear DVD case you used in your older versions of the skin (it matched the CD case .png you are still using) to re-size.

did you make that .png or did you grab it from somewhere?

this one:?
that's it...thanks a bunch!
First off thanks a bunch for the skin ronie - I really love it.

And the new update also works very nice.
I do have one question for you although I'm not convinced that it is a skin refereed question. When playing music with the extrafanart enabled is it possible to get the pictures to just be there instead of zooming in and out all the time? Because not all of the pictures is shown.

I remember that the XBMC video fanart did the same thing, which I could chose only to switch between the images without zooming in and out. However of course that is an "official" function within XBMC where extrafanart of course is not.

I am using the v3.11.1 T! on XBMC RC1
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.13