• 6(current)
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo
(2013-05-08, 13:34)Revolva Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, but umm... I don't really follow. From the home screen, I click Videos, I click on the folder I want to go to, and I have the (I think) Fanart Medium List view. I've tried all the cursor keys trying to bring up the menu that IME usually deals with selecting which view you want, but it never appears, so I can't change the view at all. I thought it worked in Movies and TV (i.e. Library mode), but no go there, either.

Tried your advice about setting content several times, looked in the menus and thought maybe I had gone into the Skin Settings and clicked on Hide Slide View or something, but nope, it's not checked. Forgive my dumbness, but I don't see what I'm doing wrong here...

ah, so the problem is you can't get to the menu where you can change the view?

all you need to do is press 'left' once or twice and it should appear.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah, like I said, I tried spamming all the cursor keys, and nothin' doin' Big Grin

That's what's got me confused. I know how to get the side menu up - pressing left used to work before Frodo. Now... bupkus!

I even just installed XBMC 12.2 and tried again, and still the same problem. Could it be a hidden file or something I have to delete? Something in preferences perhaps?
(2013-05-09, 04:55)Revolva Wrote: Yeah, like I said, I tried spamming all the cursor keys, and nothin' doin' Big Grin

That's what's got me confused. I know how to get the side menu up - pressing left used to work before Frodo. Now... bupkus!

I even just installed XBMC 12.2 and tried again, and still the same problem. Could it be a hidden file or something I have to delete? Something in preferences perhaps?

check if 'kiosk mode' is enabled in skin settings.
if so, disable it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks so much! That fixed it!

I feel like such a dumbass that I missed that one thing in Settings...

Well, I got Slide view back, so happy days are here again Big Grin
Hello Ronie,

I'm having trouble with enabling extra fanart for music.

I read this:

the extrafanart for artist can also be used on the visualisation screen, during music playback.
to enable this feature, use the visualisation options button on the MusicOSD.

but when I click the vis. options button, I get 3 options - spectrum, milkdrop and waveform. I tried 'get more' but can't see anything there either. I can't see anything to do with fanart.

Can you help?

While you're here, just another question: do the fanart images have to be named fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc. Could they be fanart(1).jpg etc?
(2013-06-05, 14:14)Corpus_Chain Wrote: Hello Ronie,

I'm having trouble with enabling extra fanart for music.

I read this:

the extrafanart for artist can also be used on the visualisation screen, during music playback.
to enable this feature, use the visualisation options button on the MusicOSD.

but when I click the vis. options button, I get 3 options - spectrum, milkdrop and waveform. I tried 'get more' but can't see anything there either. I can't see anything to do with fanart.

Can you help?

While you're here, just another question: do the fanart images have to be named fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc. Could they be fanart(1).jpg etc?

on the MusicOSD, click the 'square' button. it'll take you to this screen:

there are no naming conventions for extra fanart, so use whatever you like.
Ah, great, thanks.

This seems to only show extrafanart though, which is disappointing because not all of my artists have extrafanart. I've started using the slideshow addon instead, which seems to be okay.
Hi there, I was just wondering...

I've found the setting where I can hide the posters for TV shows in fanart view; I wondered if I can do the same for movies? And if so, how?
(2013-06-29, 11:25)markfiend Wrote: Hi there, I was just wondering...

I've found the setting where I can hide the posters for TV shows in fanart view; I wondered if I can do the same for movies? And if so, how?

nope, there's no option to hide movie posters.
The FAQ link in the first post of this thread no longer links to the Transparency! FAQ.
(2013-07-06, 02:01)Donny Bahama Wrote: The FAQ link in the first post of this thread no longer links to the Transparency! FAQ.

thanx for the heads-up. the faq got lost in the website migration.

i'll put it up on the wiki instead asap.
FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...nsparency!
Hi Ronie,

I've been using XBMC since the xbox days and have built MANY an XBMC machine, but have only recently discovered Transparency! Great work.

One question: When playing music with fullscreen visualisation, the visualisation is semitransparent with the music screen background behind it (or the music background is transparent with the visualisation behind it...).

Is there a way to turn off the background and just have the visualisation? I've tried a bunch of settings but no luck so far.

Thanks
(2013-07-22, 13:01)shiftybugger Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I've been using XBMC since the xbox days and have built MANY an XBMC machine, but have only recently discovered Transparency! Great work.

One question: When playing music with fullscreen visualisation, the visualisation is semitransparent with the music screen background behind it (or the music background is transparent with the visualisation behind it...).

Is there a way to turn off the background and just have the visualisation? I've tried a bunch of settings but no luck so far.

Thanks

sure, on the music osd, hit the customize visualization background button (it's the button with the little rectangle)
you can disable the fanart option there.
(2013-07-22, 22:16)ronie Wrote: sure, on the music osd, hit the customize visualization background button (it's the button with the little rectangle)
you can disable the fanart option there.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I thank you.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo2