• 4(current)
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo
(2012-04-04, 23:37)ronie Wrote: yup, it's exactly like that.
skins need to define a default view (fanart in Transparency!), so every page you open will initially be in fanart view.
if you change it, xbmc will save your preference.

Is there a single place to change that default (code or config if necessary)?
(2013-02-13, 06:39)dougp Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 23:37)ronie Wrote: yup, it's exactly like that.
skins need to define a default view (fanart in Transparency!), so every page you open will initially be in fanart view.
if you change it, xbmc will save your preference.

Is there a single place to change that default (code or config if necessary)?

you'll have to change the <defaultcontrol> at the top of every MyFoo.xml file.
i can't guarantee this is the only change needed nor that it won't break anything.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
HI all,
New to all this. Have xbmc running on my HTPC and discovered Transparency. Looks real nice, I have my music files transfered over and get nothing but the album art that came with it. I see all these fantastic posters, fanart, and things you can do, BUT I'm not able to do any of it! I'm reading posts and downloading different things, but no luck.
On another thread it says all the covers and poster and everything is already built into Transparency, but I'm getting nowhere.
Some help to start would be greatHuh
(2013-02-25, 19:47)Kblev Wrote: HI all,
New to all this. Have xbmc running on my HTPC and discovered Transparency. Looks real nice, I have my music files transfered over and get nothing but the album art that came with it. I see all these fantastic posters, fanart, and things you can do, BUT I'm not able to do any of it! I'm reading posts and downloading different things, but no luck.
On another thread it says all the covers and poster and everything is already built into Transparency, but I'm getting nowhere.
Some help to start would be greatHuh

nah, skins don't include posters and stuff.

what you need to do is scan your music collection to the library.

first, go to: 'settings > music > library' and enable 'download additional information during updates'.
next, browse to your music folder, highlight it and bring up the context menu. select 'scan to library'.

once it's finished, switch to library mode. this can be done by clicking the 'library mode' button on the hidden menu on the left.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the help ronie, but that didn't do anything. I enabled additional info, then I think I found music folder. This is in xbmc correct, not my win files? No highlighting, but right clicked. saw scan to library, licked it and all that happened was at the top of my tv, I saw a quick scan, so I thought it was good. Then on left, clicked library mode. Nothing but the same album art that is with my win files. I'm really sorry I let you down. Can't get it right.
(2013-02-26, 00:27)Kblev Wrote: Thanks for the help ronie, but that didn't do anything. I enabled additional info, then I think I found music folder. This is in xbmc correct, not my win files? No highlighting, but right clicked. saw scan to library, licked it and all that happened was at the top of my tv, I saw a quick scan, so I thought it was good. Then on left, clicked library mode. Nothing but the same album art that is with my win files. I'm really sorry I let you down. Can't get it right.

sounds like you did it all correctly.

are your musicfiles properly tagged?
if you, for instance, try to scan .mp3 files to the library,
they need to have valid id3 tags for artist/album/track title.
Are we talking about the same thing. I want the big posters in the background. Plus whatever else can be done with them. I have album art in xbmc. Small thumbnails for each CD.
(2013-02-26, 00:45)Kblev Wrote: Are we talking about the same thing. I want the big posters in the background. Plus whatever else can be done with them. I have album art in xbmc. Small thumbnails for each CD.

yes we are :-)

xbmc will have to download those 'big posters', what we call artist fanart.

to be able to know for which artists xbmc needs to download those images,
xbmc uses the artist tag stored in your audio files.

the same applies to all additional info xbmc can download,
like artist biographies and album reviews and so on...
OK, thanks, I guess I'm stuck then, all my music is tagged. I don't like music all over the place and unsorted. I won't even put them in my music folder untill I tag them properly. Most of my music comes straight from CD's so now I need to figure out what to do. I don't need to download a program or anything? I've read people talking about different programs.
Hey Ronie, I figured it out!Laugh I have most all fanart and posters now. I was missing one step. Content shows none and you have to switch it to movies, music etc..
Now that I have that done, I have a few things on my wish list. If you could show me the path that would be great.
1. I think I am on the right track on putting a poster on the menu headings. Like movies, instead of the theater, you have The Avengers. I'm in settings> skin settings> appearance. After that I can't figure out how to get a poster in there. (I've changed it to a mouse).
2. Aren't there several different thumbnails and posters? I would like to change some of them.
3. When playing music I would like changing different posters of the band instead of crazy colors and designs and:
4. In movie, I clicked a small film reel in the upper right hand of the screen and it was working on something but it didn't seem like it changed anything.
I hope you can help me out and I am really liking this. I just need to get proficient at it.
Thanks Nod
3. you need to install the artist slideshow addon
and enable it by clicking the square button on the music osd:

4. that's for playing a trailer of the currently selected movie.
if it doesn't work xbmc, either you have no trailers or xbmc failed to play the trailer for some reason.

as for the first two question, i'm afraid i have no idea what you mean :-)
Hey Ronie,
I'm working hard and figuring things out. Probably more time than I should.Nod
The first question, I meant, instead of the headphones skin under music, can that be changed to a a picture of a band that I choose? Or the movie curtain under movies, a movie picture like The Advengers.
Figured out #2. thee are a bunch of fanart to choose from.
3. Thanks, artist slideshow works awesome!
4.OK, I'll try that again. (The trailers)
This just started. For some reason when I play a movie it is in very slow motion and very choppy, not sure if this is from something I tweaked. The cursor moves very sow and choppy also, and is hard to place where you want it. Playing back on VLC there is no problem. Any suggestions?
Thank you for all your help, I'm getting up to speed. There are so many options!
Hi Ronie

I think i saw somewhere on a different T! thread some new graphics for the resolution etc, can you please advise how to get these?

Also ... one for the wish list i think, but is there a way to change the MPAA rating icon so it will show the BBFC (UK) rating when they are the ones scraped?

Thanks

Great skin as always Smile

Current version 5.0.8 (Hope its the latest non nightly)

MacMini 2012, Asustor 4Bay NAS, MySQL Library, Sony HD 5.1, Sammy 42" LCD TV
(2013-02-27, 04:12)Kblev Wrote: Hey Ronie,
I'm working hard and figuring things out. Probably more time than I should.Nod
The first question, I meant, instead of the headphones skin under music, can that be changed to a a picture of a band that I choose? Or the movie curtain under movies, a movie picture like The Advengers.
settings > skin settings > backgrounds > home - music > single image
(or select multi image if you want to create a slideshow)
(2013-02-27, 04:12)Kblev Wrote: This just started. For some reason when I play a movie it is in very slow motion and very choppy, not sure if this is from something I tweaked. The cursor moves very sow and choppy also, and is hard to place where you want it. Playing back on VLC there is no problem. Any suggestions?

could be due to incorrect audio settings,
but best ask for help in the appropriate subforum (linux/windows/osx/...)
(2013-02-27, 18:08)RichS-5277 Wrote: Hi Ronie

I think i saw somewhere on a different T! thread some new graphics for the resolution etc, can you please advise how to get these?

you saw something, somewhere... and i don't know what it is ;-)
[/quote]
(2013-02-27, 18:08)RichS-5277 Wrote: Also ... one for the wish list i think, but is there a way to change the MPAA rating icon so it will show the BBFC (UK) rating when they are the ones scraped?

T! includes UK rating images, but the scraper would need to
prefix the ratings with a country code,
otherwise there isn't a way for the skin to know which images to show.

third party media managers can do this, but i'm not sure if any of the
xbmc scrapers support it as well.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo2