VC-1/m2ts & no video
I have a BR disk I'm trying to rip to my unraid NAS for use in XBMCLive 9.11. The ripping process works fine, but XBMC won't play the video. (reproduced in Dharma 2 r33778 under Windows).

All I get is the sound.

The disk is for the series Being Human. VLC shows the video stream as VC-1. It is in a m2ts container. After a bit of research I discovered that it is likely 1080i. Note that VLC has the same problem in playing this file.

First, is this supported in XBMC?

If not, does anyone know of a software that I can use to transcode it to a usable codec and yet keep the quality?

TIA
TugboatBill Wrote:I have a BR disk I'm trying to rip to my unraid NAS for use in XBMCLive 9.11. The ripping process works fine, but XBMC won't play the video. (reproduced in Dharma 2 r33778 under Windows).

All I get is the sound.

The disk is for the series Being Human. VLC shows the video stream as VC-1. It is in a m2ts container. After a bit of research I discovered that it is likely 1080i. Note that VLC has the same problem in playing this file.

First, is this supported in XBMC?

If not, does anyone know of a software that I can use to transcode it to a usable codec and yet keep the quality?

TIA

Someone needs to get beat with a trout. Seriously, 1080i in a bluray disk, just what were they thinking.
Agreed, though maybe a carp would be more appropriate. Nod Right now my only alternative is to find it on a torrent, but I'd rather get it directly from the disk if possible.
MediaInfo results:
General
ID : 1
Complete name : D:\XBMC\Being Human S01E01.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 12.6 GiB
Duration : 57mn 12s
Overall bit rate : 31.5 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3
Codec ID : 234
Bit rate : 29.8 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.480
Stream size : 11.9 GiB (95%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 129
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 183 MiB (1%)
Language : English

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Video delay : 3s 237ms
Language : English
I also just came upon some VC-1 AP@L3 1080i 25fps content that refuses to play (audio stream does play, though) on XBMCLive as well as VLC and FFmpeg. Any ideas? Confused
Ticket # 10467
ripbot264
mediaespresso

both of those can handle VC-1 1080 interlaced input and spit out a progressive finished file. They may or may not handle the audio to your liking so you can do what I do which is convert the video format using those programs then mux the original audio and the processed video.
of course I just noticed this was a very old thread brought up from the grave, but the issue still exists so I suppose no harm in answering it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VC-1/m2ts & no video0