• 5(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
khuong Wrote:Where are you guys getting boxart + fanart touse for this mod?
Personally : giantbomb.com and Google images
Angelscry Wrote:It is not problem related to the plugin but to the skin. Surely the Alaska.Revisited theme that have been updated. If so, you have to reinstall the Launcher Panel Views MOD

Is it possible to see how your strings.xml file looks at the end? I have the same issue as rausch101 (skin build 1.7.7), doing the Launcher Panel Views MOD makes only "List" and "Files" viewtypes show.
Ok... I'm actually at work, but I will check tonight that is wrong with my skin mod/launcher addon combo. I have made so many change since last 2 weeks and I think I have miss to correct or report something. I will post a more detailed installation tutorial. Sorry.
Angelscry Wrote:Ok... I'm actually at work, but I will check tonight that is wrong with my skin mod/launcher addon combo. I have made so many change since last 2 weeks and I think I have miss to correct or report something. I will post a more detailed installation tutorial. Sorry.

I've ported your MOD to Aeon, i went through your tutorial in post 1 and everything is working great. I just modified some xml's to match the right textures and fonts. Thanks for this nice MOD and all your work on it.
If have deleted the Alaska.Revisted Skin, My MOD and the launcher Addons from my system and reinstalled them. After reinstall, all was working great as before. No errors and no display problems. Eek rausch101, blaze, do you still have this problem? Do you encounter any error message? Do you try to unsinstall/reinstall Alaska.Revisted and then apply again my MOD?

If have also updated the installation instructions (but do not change a lot of things) and post them into the first post of this thread. From now, futur updates information will be posted on the first post.
trying to get this working with alaska big Big Grin lol not working out to well.. will post results soon (and thanks)
Angelscry Wrote:rausch101, blaze, do you still have this problem? Do you encounter any error message? Do you try to desinstall/reinstall Alaska.Revisted and then apply again my MOD?

I'll check when I get home later today
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Just gone through the instructions again from your first post and its now all working, not sure what the problem was before if you didnt change anything, i didnt do anything differently this time around, but glad its working now Smile. Thanks Angelscry.
Wouldnt it be nice if a sort of TMDb for Video games existed? Something with screenshots, game information, overviews, box art and more... maybe even some FanArt? How about an API for all that?

What if I told you that something like that already exists and is a mere few months or so from being released? Smile

Well, a group of guys led by Ryan Niemann are going to fill a void in the community using our collective experience. For me, it's been a long time since I've checked in here on the XBMC forums but I've been involved, even done design work on mediacenters such as CenterStage (which spawned the FanArt concept), Plex and Moovida to name a few. In my time in the HTPC world I helped Travis Bell out with some design work and a bit of a facelift at TMDb.

So the symbiotic relationship between HTPC applications and online metadata sources I know well and I can help bridge the gap between your HTPC plugin and the data source and the other guys involved can certainly cover the geekier backend aspects to the website we are creating. Having people utilizing the data is the first step to making the site valid and a success.

If you are interested, check out our thread over at our temporary home at MacScene (things get more interesting by page 2 of the thread): http://emulation.macscene.net/component/...chive.html

Or PM me and I can connect you with the right people Smile.
Mucx Wrote:If you are interested, check out our thread over at our temporary home at MacScene (things get more interesting by page 2 of the thread): http://emulation.macscene.net/component/...chive.html
Yes, I may be interested. Actually, there is not really complete game databases over the web containing all the necessary information (genre, year, plot, cover, screenshot, fanarts, etc...). The most complete database only for game information is allgame.com. That's why I use it as base for my launcher addon scrapper. And it give good results. But allgame.com do not contain good quality images. So, actually, I'm trying to scrap the game corresponding images (covers, fanarts, etc...) from other websites (giantbomb, gamespot, etc...). And all the difficulty is to cleanly match the 2 scrappers results. It will be better to have all the data into a same source and so only 1 scrapper.

Mucx Wrote:Wouldnt it be nice if a sort of TMDb for Video games existed?
Projects like yours already exist. For example there is the thegamesdb.net, which used by the Rom Collection Browser XBMC addon. But their database is not really complete (no descriptions, no screenshots, etc...). By reading the discussion thread on MacScene website I have noticed that Niemann said "we do not include current generation games". Does this mean that most of the PC games will not be archived? You database is only limited to old roms games?

Actually I'm working into the integration of images scrapper (thumbs/covers and screenshot/fanarts) into my addon. When this part will be finished and well controlled I have planned to add 2 options to let the user select the source of the scrapping information and images. At this time I will surely take a closer look at your project. Thank you for the information.
What are the ListItem's for these tags?

ListItem.Year or ListItem.Release or ListItem.Publisher isn't working, thx....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:What are the ListItem's for these tags?

ListItem.Year or ListItem.Release or ListItem.Publisher isn't working, thx....

They are ListItem.Title, ListItem.Studio, ListItem.Premiered, ListItem.Genre and ListItem.Plot
is it possible to perform these mods for extra panel views to the Alaska standard skin? I am quite new and find it daunting to update the whole skin, although will give it a go should the answer be no.
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
cable_guy Wrote:is it possible to perform these mods for extra panel views to the Alaska standard skin? I am quite new and find it daunting to update the whole skin, although will give it a go should the answer be no.
Sorry but it will be no. With the launcher addon, I do not really have time to make mods for all the different existing skins, all the more for outdated skins. Sorry. Blush
no worries! I'll just have to be brave and have a crack at updating my skin to Alaksa Revisited! Especially if the current one is seen to be outdated, I had no idea it was!

Besides, what you've achieved with your mods is exactly how I want my ROMs to be displayed
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1