• 4(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
Angelscry Wrote:I don't know for Alaska theme, but it is possible to do it this Alaska.Revisted theme:

Go into apps, select Launcher and set it as one of your favorites (C key + Add to Favorites). Then go to settings / Alaska / Sub Menus. Open Apps and Enable custom Button. Go on Select Favourite and choose Launcher. Edit Label (for exemple "Video Games"). Finally edit image (select image for the menu).

Thanks for the reply. I am using revisited I should have been more specific.

The way you described is how I've got it at the moment, but what I was more interested in was replacing the apps menu item entirely with the launcher since its the only thing I actually use it for.

The way I considered was maybe in the code somewhere I could just rename apps to games and change where it linked to but I've had a little look through he XMLs and havent found what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
This is the 6th version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme for the Launcher Addon use.

This version add nothing new, but it is just compatible with the last version Alaska Revisted (1.7.4). Since version 1.7.4 of Alaska Revisted add panel views for Addons, this mod his very smaller than my previous mod version. I have also removed the landscape views for console, beacause I was not totally satisfy of it.

Installation:
1. First, replace the /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Viewtype_Panel.xml by this one: http://pastebin.com/cgm8NuDB

2. Next, add the following line at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>
Code:
<string id="40000">PANEL BANNER</string>

3.Finally, replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py[i] code of Launcher Addon (v1.10.2) by this one: http://pastebin.com/F53888EC

Example of wide panel view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
                <name>Excitebike 64</name>
                <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/Excitebike 64.z64</filename>
                <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/covers/Excitebike 64.jpg</thumb>
                <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/fanarts/Excitebike 64.jpg</fanart>
                <genre>Racing</genre>
                <release>2000</release>
                <publisher>Left Field Productions</publisher>
                <gameplot>One of the most requested sequels to an NES game finally has been developed: Excitebike has received its 64-bit upgrade. Coming from Left Field Productions, developer of NBA Courtside, is Nintendo's latest entry into the sports world. Excitebike 64 takes advantage of the current Supercross/Motocross craze.</gameplot>
            </rom>
Example of tall panel view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
                <name>The King of Fighters '97</name>
                <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/neogeo/roms/kof97.zip</filename>
                <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/neogeo/covers/kof97.jpg</thumb>
                <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/neogeo/fanarts/kof97.jpg</fanart>
                <genre>Fighting</genre>
                <release>1997</release>
                <publisher>SNK</publisher>
                <gameplot>1800 years ago the Orochi first made an appearance in the world, causing massive destruction and death. But two clans faced the Orochi  and managed to prevail. Their names were Kusanagi and Yagami. Then the clan of Yata sealed the Orochi power to keep it from returning to the world. But 660 years ago the Yagami clan, jealous of the power of the Kusanagi, made a pact with the Orochi. Orochi blood ran through the Yagami, and flames they were able to shoot turned from crimson to purple.</gameplot>
            </rom>

Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the [i]userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml
file. That's still not perfect, but it works.
Someone know any good source for console games cover?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
tinybutstrong Wrote:Someone know any good source for console games cover?

Google images did a better job than I expected. I couldn't find any decent sites.
Small update for te version 1.7.5 of Alaska.Revisited.
Install the MOD like previous one but replace the /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Viewtype_Panel.xml file by this one: http://pastebin.com/PDCqMCwc

Code:
<launcher>
        <name>Dreamcast</name>
        <application></application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/dreamcast/roms/</rompath>
        <romext>cue</romext>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/dreamcast/logo.png</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/dreamcast/console.png</fanart>
        <genre>Console / 128-bit / Color</genre>
        <release>1998</release>
        <publisher>Sega</publisher>
        <launcherplot>The Dreamcast is a video game console made by Sega, and is the successor to the Sega Saturn. The Dreamcast was the first entry in the sixth generation of video game consoles and was released in late 1998, before its contemporaries — Sony's PlayStation 2, Microsoft's Xbox and the Nintendo GameCube.</launcherplot>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
Love your mod. I have been playing around with it for a while and tried to update it as you have gone along.

Only one problem, i prefer using the night skin. how much of a hassle is it to change your mod to work on night.

It would be sweet if launcher came standard with xbmc but it seems like development of the project down to a few single coders who have the expertise.

but keep up the great work. you deserve so much credit for the effort you have put in.
This is the 7th version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme to use with my last Launcher Addon version (1.12). This is only a bug fix version. Nothing new.

Installation:
1. First, replace the /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Viewtype_Panel.xml by this one: http://pastebin.com/pV0KP59s
2. Next, add the following line at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>.
Code:
<string id="40000">PANEL BANNER</string>
Thanks for this, takes alot of time to get games setup properly with covers/fanart/info all done one by one, but looks excellent when done, only problem i'm having is the genre isnt showing on mine along with the publisher/year next to the name of the title. Like so;

It might be totally easy for me to fix, but im pretty new to the whole thing, so not too sure Smile
blaze Wrote:only problem i'm having is the genre isnt showing on mine along with the publisher/year next to the name of the title.
Could you post here the corresponding launchers.xml file? Are you also sure that the MOD is still active? Because if Alaska.Revisted has been automatically updated, the MOD has been erased and you will have to reinstall it.
Ah ok, I noticed your latest update says its for version 1.7.5, im on the latest 1.7.7 on revisited which is probably causing the problems (it would be with Viewtype_Panel.xml i think since its the only thing which i havent been able to change without it messing up the view types).

Excellent stuff so far though, i noticed you discussing possibly being able to get info for games all at once which would definitely be alot better too, the only other thing it would need to be near perfect is a way of scraping boxart, but there really isnt a decent source for artwork to do that sadly.
As an added help I have added a tutorial for adding games etc using your launcher mods...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84275
Damon "Demios" Marjanovich
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
marjanovich Wrote:As an added help I have added a tutorial for adding games etc using your launcher mods...
Thanks Marjanovich !!!Laugh
After installing your v1.13 plugin I only have 2 viewtypes available, "List" and "Files"
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Where are you guys getting boxart + fanart touse for this mod?
rausch101 Wrote:After installing your v1.13 plugin I only have 2 viewtypes available, "List" and "Files"
It is not problem related to the plugin but to the skin. Surely the Alaska.Revisited theme that have been updated. If so, you have to reinstall the Launcher Panel Views MOD
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1