Asrock 100HT?
Hey guys,

I'm putting together my final build specs for my build and though i'm leaning heavily towards the Asrock 330HT, I do notice that the 100HT is a more powerful unit.

My question is what does this extra power allow the 100HT to do over the Ion 330HT? I thought I'd quickly ask the community before going deep into researching and comparing.
A 100HT's power could be used for out of XBMC streamingstuff like Hulu and Netflix streaming. For XBMC the 330HT is superior because it has a better GPU.

Ahh, just who i've been wanting to talk to.

First off thanks for the advice on the 100HT. Naturally i'll be sticking with the 330HT then.

I've seen you around mentioning you use Western Digital Green 2TB drives in your UnRaid build. I'm concerned they might have an effect on read and write speeds compared to their Caviar Black brothers (in fact they will). You have no problem at all with video frames or anything despite their slower RPM? You didn't have to do some crazy trick or any special hardware? Are they simply sufficient for the job despite being slower than Caviar Blacks?
Zer0x123 Wrote:Ahh, just who i've been wanting to talk to.

First off thanks for the advice on the 100HT. Naturally i'll be sticking with the 330HT then.

Wink

Quote:I've seen you around mentioning you use Western Digital Green 2TB drives in your UnRaid build. I'm concerned they might have an effect on read and write speeds compared to their Caviar Black brothers (in fact they will). You have no problem at all with video frames or anything despite their slower RPM? You didn't have to do some crazy trick or any special hardware? Are they simply sufficient for the job despite being slower than Caviar Blacks?

WD Green drives are sufficient for at least 3 HD streams, or at least that is how much I have tested with. Probably can do more. For video content and large consistent reads they are great. Cool, cheaper, very nice.

The only place where I recommend a WD Black (Or in my case a Seagate XT) is for a parity drive in an Unraid system. That helps keep the write speeds up with the way Unraid parity works.

Please note though that Green drives over a USB are severely crippled compared to sata, and that is a whole different ballgame...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock 100HT?0