• 11(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
yah. i take suggestions for naming conventions, just dont expect me to accept each and every one.
Its no biggie for me just curious.
I'm already HUGELY grateful for the work done so far.........

Thank you
Great work, spiff. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Smile

For anyone using the scraper that pulls from my site, please take the time to occasionally visit the site and add some content, banners, or click on any ads that interest you. The site's code is open source on sourceforge if anyone knows php and would like to contribute, anyone can add banners or content to the site, and visiting the site gets ad revenue that I kick back to my boss for hosting the site for free. It's located at http://tvdb.zsori.com.
I've checked over the .xml files for the scrappers and noticed that they do not appear to be corrupted. Not quite sure what's going on here.
szsori Wrote:Great work, spiff. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Smile

For anyone using the scraper that pulls from my site, please take the time to occasionally visit the site and add some content, banners, or click on any ads that interest you. The site's code is open source on sourceforge if anyone knows php and would like to contribute, anyone can add banners or content to the site, and visiting the site gets ad revenue that I kick back to my boss for hosting the site for free. It's located at http://tvdb.zsori.com.

First off its a great site I love it but I have problems with the search (on the actual site not xbmc) it only works about 10% of the time for me properly the rest of the time it just gives me a show ID number but no clickable name to take me to the site Sad any idea why
Jezz_X Wrote:First off its a great site I love it but I have problems with the search (on the actual site not xbmc) it only works about 10% of the time for me properly the rest of the time it just gives me a show ID number but no clickable name to take me to the site Sad any idea why
Give me a few example searches that cause you problems and I'll look into it. The XML interfaces use fuzzy matching to find the correct show... I really need to build that into the search on the site itself, since it's extremely accurate.
Yeah sure basically no matter what I search for I get this. This time I searched for Lost, Stargate, and Heroes all in seperate queries all with the same result Sad
and if you go to that show its just blank and empty http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=79631

And if I click the search button without putting anything in I get no show found like I should

Any Idea
Is there a good list of acceptable file formats anywhere, I didn't see anything in the online manual yet?
I too like one of the other posters have the file format of

SHOW NAME/Season X/SSEE - EPISODE NAME.EXT

would it be enough to just make it sSSeEE (s01e01)?

this scraper is something that XBMC has sorely missed and I cant wait to get it up and running in full glory, great work spiff (and XBMC team)
Jezz_X.. press the Search button instead of hitting Enter. For some reason in IE it doesn't work properly with hitting Enter. I'll look into it more, but at least it's not seriously broken. Smile
szsori Wrote:For some reason in IE it doesn't work properly with hitting Enter.

You have the 'function' value attached to the submit button, and IE will only submit that if the actual button is clicked (which would seem logical, dont know why firefox does submit it).

[HTML]<input name="function" value="Search" type="submit">[/HTML]

To fix the problem, add a hidden form field to submit that value

[HTML]<input name="function" value="Search" type="hidden" />[/HTML]

BTW, thanks for the fantastic site! If you need any ajaxy/javascript stuff done just shoot me a message.
these are are the regexp's used.

expression.push_back("[^\\.\\-_ ]*[\\.\\-_\\[ ][Ss]([0-9]*)[^0-9]*[Ee]([0-9]*)[\\.\\-_\\[ ]"); // foo.s01.e01
expression.push_back("[^\\.\\-_ ]*[\\.\\-_ ]([0-9])([0-9]*)[\\.\\-_ ]"); // foo.103*
expression.push_back("[^\\.\\-_ ]*[\\.\\-_ ]([0-9]*)x([0-9]*)"); // foo.1x09*

it cannot match episode / season number at the start of the filenames. this will arse up with shows like '24'. hence, we require a separator on the left side of the match, that is one of ' ._-'
Updated from SVN a few minutes ago and still having the same error. Could it be that the scrappers just don't like being used over SMB? The movie scrappers are working just fine.
smb works just fine afaik.
spiff Wrote:smb works just fine afaik.

I just ran the tv.com scraper on my files over the network and it grabbed the ingo great (synopsis) no air dates or anything but as the svn log said... preliminary entry. Worked without a hitch... Threshhold, Captain Power, Heroes, Smallville, House, Brisco County Jr. all worked without a hitch. Now I can screen rather than having to watch one 1/2 way through Wink

Thanks Spiff!!
I did some experimenting last night with filenames and this seems to work the best/most often

SHOW NAME/Series X/SHOW NAME - SSxEE - EPISODE NAME.EXT

But the TV.com scraper would randomly skip a few episodes each season (SVN 8066). I'll post the log file later.

Just a note to linux users, krename does an amazing job doing batch renames, very easy to use.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1