• 1(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
Thumbs Up 

Browse your albums, videos, photos of you, videos of you, friends albums, friends videos, photos of your friends and videos of your friends.

Privacy: The permissions required by this addon are the ones needed for getting the images and videos. The ones that allow posting on your behalf are for liking an image.

This addon will NEVER post or otherwise publish to your account if you did purposely ask it to.

If you need help, ask a question in this thread or join #ruuk on freenode.

Let me know of any problems.

Enjoy!
Smile 
Just wanted to be clear that this thread is for the Add-on 'facebookPhotos' for Dharma, the beta upcoming version of XBMC, not the 'Facebook Photos' for the XBMC 9.11 Camelot version. They are different scripts with different authors.
I was testing the FacebookPhoto's for Dharma on "xbmc-r34731-Dharma_beta3". My system is behind a proxy and I keep getting script errors, is this plug-in aware of proxy settings?
Mike001 Wrote:I was testing the FacebookPhoto's for Dharma on "xbmc-r34731-Dharma_beta3". My system is behind a proxy and I keep getting script errors, is this plug-in aware of proxy settings?

I've made some changes that I'd like you to test. There is a zip located at the link below. A quick question: Do you have any problems with the youtube plug-in? If so the changes probably won't help and I'll have to add proxy settings to my script. If you get more errors it would be helpful if you could send me the xbmc.log file located in the temp folder which is in the same directory where addons are installed. It is a different location on each os, but in linux the file is ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Get the testing zip here:

http://code.google.com/p/facebookphotos-...loads/list
Ruuk, I updated the add-on and upgraded to Dharma beta 3

I worked with the add-on for some weeks. Now I get an authorization error. If I go to the 2ndmind.com it will tell me that all is OK and authorized. But the add-on fails :-(

an I reset the password or so ?
Eg. the Flickr and YouTube add-ons still work. The problem occurres on XBMC running OSX/macmini and at Windows X as well.
mhdebokx Wrote:Ruuk, I updated the add-on and upgraded to Dharma beta 3

I worked with the add-on for some weeks. Now I get an authorization error. If I go to the 2ndmind.com it will tell me that all is OK and authorized. But the add-on fails :-(

an I reset the password or so ?
Eg. the Flickr and YouTube add-ons still work. The problem occurres on XBMC running OSX/macmini and at Windows X as well.

A couple of questions:

1. Did the problem start as soon as you updated the Add-on or some time after?
2. Does the Add-on fail completely or does it at least list the categories?
3. Could you send me the xbmc.log right after running the program and getting the error.

Follow the below link to find the log location for your OS:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File

You can find the part with the error and post it here or sent the whole log to:

[email protected]
Quote:[email protected]

I send the answers and the LOG to this email adress
Below is a link for a testing version of the plugin. It doesn't fix anything or add any features, but if you are getting authorization errors install this first before sending me a log file as it contains better debugging code.

I believe I've fixed the bug causing authorization errors for some users.
Get the zip at the link below. This is a testing version. If all is well I will update the repository.

yep, it now works. Is there anyway that the authorization handshake could take place right from the plugin?

10.0-beta4 r35068
speed32219 Wrote:Is there anyway that the authorization handshake could take place right from the plugin?
It is possible, but not easy.
I may get around to attempting to make it work one day.
V0.9.33 works like charm...
Thanks for this great picture add-on
Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
Any thoughts on making this available on Home in the same way Recently added is for Movies? Like Recently added pics from friends or even just a random pics from Facebook friends?

I can cheat a use special://profile/addon_data/plugin.image.facebook/cache/ for the random pics but I think more people would rather have Recently added pics if possible...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Any thoughts on making this available on Home in the same way Recently added is for Movies? Like Recently added pics from friends or even just a random pics from Facebook friends?

I can cheat a use special://profile/addon_data/plugin.image.facebook/cache/ for the random pics but I think more people would rather have Recently added pics if possible...

Sorry about the late reply :o

Interesting idea. That would involve some form of skin integration wouldn't it? (ie a skin would have to be modified to use it)
I'd be open to it at some point. Right now I'm busy with one last addon that will help my other addons by allowing authorization within XBMC.
Hi,

I've just started playing with XBMC (a couple of days), and of course also tried the FB plugin. I managed to login and have a look at my photos and videos. It generally seems to work fine, except for the fact that it is VERY slow at times, and sometimes fails.

For instance, when getting the Friends list, it seems to go on forever (taking like 3-4 seconds for every friend, and I have many), and then failing before completion (script failed popup appears). This is what the log tells about it:

Code:
IOError: [Errno socket error] The read operation timed out

which suggest that at some point the slow becomes stalled or something alike. Trying again starts from where it left, but so far I haven't been able to complete the friends directory listing, since it always fails after a while, and I gave up.

Is this a known bug or problem? I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm using XBMC on Fedora, which uses Python 2.7: I've already found out how to fix the Youtube plugin which had a problem because of that, and so I was wondering whether it may be the case for the FB plugin as well.

Thanks for the great work you've put in the plugin so far!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2