Comic Book Support?
In search of an addon that functions similar to Comic Rack? I know that Kodi natively supports cbr's and cbz's but it's not very good. I'm wanting to create a library that displays comic book series by name with an attatched thumbnail, then select the comic book by cover, then read the comic book in a manner that simulates zoom, page turns , etc. Does something like this exist?
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
You could contact this member and ask how s/he set up his comic books. Seems to have found an out of the box way to do it...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2971186
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks I will do , I'm actually surprised that there is not an addon that doesn't already do this...with the millions of crap addon's out there...there should be at least one comic book/ebook reader addon out there...disappointing. I took a quick look at the post, Very interesting method of implementation. I'm undoubtedly going to have questions along the way, but I'll give it a go. Thanks again!
(2020-09-08, 08:23)Shredder_guitar Wrote: I'm actually surprised that there is not an addon that doesn't already do this...with the millions of crap addon's out there

Millions of crap add-ons, huh?
You'd be surprised how many add-ons still need to be developed for the various tasks in and around Kodi.
(2020-09-08, 08:23)Shredder_guitar Wrote: . I'm undoubtedly going to have questions along the way, but I'll give it a go. Thanks again!
Great. Hopefully you and @aceuk could lay out the instructions clearly for others to follow. Or even consider adding it to the wiki?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-08, 08:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-08, 08:23)Shredder_guitar Wrote: . I'm undoubtedly going to have questions along the way, but I'll give it a go. Thanks again!
Great. Hopefully you and @aceuk could lay out the instructions clearly for others to follow. Or even consider adding it to the wiki?

Hell yeah! I would certainly consider comic books a part of "media" which is what I thought the idea of of a MediaCenter was all about...a one stop shop for all things media related...this includes comic books. As the world goes more and more digital every day and leaves physical media in the wakes, comic books will become artifacts...and those artifacts need to be preserved, if not in physical form, then digital.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comic Book Support?0