• 11(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
(2012-04-04, 01:32)Cthugha Wrote: Tried again with updated v0.6.7. Same problem... Tested with auto-login disabled. Stuck on "processing data"...

Login notifications disabled. Secure browsing enabled though (and I'd like to keep it on).

For each login the last URL webviewer shows contains the error reason: The+user+denied+your+request

This is supposed to indicate that when you were asked to authorize, you said no.

Could you describe in detail what happens when you are authorizing/logging in? (for example 'The window shows up, I fill in login/pass, i click submit....')

Thanks Smile
(2012-04-04, 21:07)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 01:32)Cthugha Wrote: Tried again with updated v0.6.7. Same problem... Tested with auto-login disabled. Stuck on "processing data"...

Login notifications disabled. Secure browsing enabled though (and I'd like to keep it on).

For each login the last URL webviewer shows contains the error reason: The+user+denied+your+request

This is supposed to indicate that when you were asked to authorize, you said no.

Could you describe in detail what happens when you are authorizing/logging in? (for example 'The window shows up, I fill in login/pass, i click submit....')

Thanks Smile

I get no authorization question, in the addon or on Facebook.

When I start the addon I'm asked for email, which I enter, and then password, which I also enter (using a wireless keyboard). After that I'm taken to the webviewer with URL on top, a simple web page on the left asking me to login, and the "form" on the right. I then try to fill out email and password again, and select login. That makes the webviewer start loading ("processing data") and nothing else happens. When I press back to cancel I get a popup that says something about authorization token failed. Ok is only option and then I'm taken back to xbmc.

The last attempts was with notifications disabled. Login approvals have been off all the time.
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
(2012-04-05, 02:09)Cthugha Wrote: I get no authorization question, in the addon or on Facebook.

When I start the addon I'm asked for email, which I enter, and then password, which I also enter (using a wireless keyboard). After that I'm taken to the webviewer with URL on top, a simple web page on the left asking me to login, and the "form" on the right. I then try to fill out email and password again, and select login. That makes the webviewer start loading ("processing data") and nothing else happens. When I press back to cancel I get a popup that says something about authorization token failed. Ok is only option and then I'm taken back to xbmc.

The last attempts was with notifications disabled. Login approvals have been off all the time.

Added a setting 'Debug Logging' in the addon settings. Also fixed some trivial things causing errors in your logs.

Please turn on the debug setting and try again and send me a new log. (At the moment it just prints the HTML of the last page to the log, but that should be helpful)

I tried changing settings in facebook and I installed the skin your using.
I can't seem to duplicate what's happening to you.

Does your login/password have any characters that might generate some encoding issues? I'm just trying to think of things that could be different for you.

Anyway, give the debug thingy a shot and we'll see what we can find out.

Get the new version here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.8.zip
I am having the exact same issue.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/UGAtUxXp
Same problem here, hangs on processing step following entering email address and password.
Version 0.6.9

Changes:
- New authorization method

This new method will require you to use a browser on any computer. Once you have authorized the addon you will get a pin that you enter back into the dialog.
Currently the browser will need to be behind the same IP address (ie same router) for this to work. If this new method works fine I will add an alternate longer pin you can enter if your browser ip is not the same as you XBMC ip.

Someone please test this and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.9.zip
Authentication works with new version Smile Not so elegant but finally it works for me. Nice!

Getting an error when loading "photos of me"... "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)"
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
(2012-04-15, 01:56)Cthugha Wrote: Authentication works with new version Smile Not so elegant but finally it works for me. Nice!

Getting an error when loading "photos of me"... "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)"

Well it looks like the old way is permanently broken since they put javascript in the authentication pages.
Apparently they're working on a Device authentication method for devices without a browser, and when that comes out we'll see Smile

Thanks for testing and getting back to me.

As for the error I'll look at it.

... I really hate encodings ... grumble ... grumble ...
(2012-04-15, 01:56)Cthugha Wrote: Getting an error when loading "photos of me"... "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)"

I think I need a log. I need to see exactly where the error is happening. I looked but nothing was obvious.

Where to find your log.
I have the same error.

debug.log

Regards Zippolighter
Version 0.7.0

Changes:
- Fix for encoding errors ( hopefully Smile )

On my REPO.

This may or may not work. If not let me know, and I'll try plan B.
works great for me, good addon, thanks so much for al your work on it.

1) im getting "error 82562009808" when trying to look at my own albums: all the other parts seem to work fine like browsing my friends pictures.

im running 0.7.0.

2) also is there anyway of putting in different login details, or getting it to ask for the details each time?
3) how do i do a completely fresh instal? i tried uninstalling, then deleting the addon folder and reinstalling, but it wasnt a fresh instal - ie it ketp the login details, which i want to change now (its lgged in as my wife, and i cant login as me).
(2012-04-30, 18:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: 1) im getting "error 82562009808" when trying to look at my own albums: all the other parts seem to work fine like browsing my friends pictures.
I'd need your xbmc.log to figure out what that means. I've never seen that one before.
(2012-04-30, 18:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: 2) also is there anyway of putting in different login details, or getting it to ask for the details each time?
Pressing down will bring up the options menu and allow you to add another user.
(2012-04-30, 18:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: 3) how do i do a completely fresh instal? i tried uninstalling, then deleting the addon folder and reinstalling, but it wasnt a fresh instal - ie it ketp the login details, which i want to change now (its lgged in as my wife, and i cant login as me).
If you do the above, then you won't need a fresh install. But if you needed to, you'd have to delete the .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.facebook.media folder

Thanks everything is now great except i am still getting the error mentined above ("error 82562009808"). I anly get this error when trying to open my wife's albums. This error comes up whether i am logged in as her or logged in as me.

I can open any other persons albums just fine.

here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/hs8ZZiGF
Version 0.7.1

Changes:
- Fix for error when viewing albums.

On my REPO.

thebearnecessit - this should fix it for you Smile
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2