• 17(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
(2013-05-22, 19:43)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 18:23)Casey Stellar Wrote: So, I'm guessing there's no video support due to FB contracts?
Not sure what you mean. You can watch your videos, videos of you, and videos of your friends (generally). Is there other videos you were hoping to view?

Well I'm pretty sure some of my friends have videos but, the add-on says there's either no videos or they aren't available. Don't wanna siphon through every profile though lol. I'll just assume the add-on is correct & my friends don't have videos at all lol. I'll tinker later & post back results to see if there is in fact an error somewhere. Thanks for the speedy help Big Grin
I believe there are sometimes permissions that a friend has set that may prevent you from seeing their videos. It's been a while since I last tested, but I believe I've had friends with videos that I could see in a web browser, but couldn't see them in Facebook-Media. As I recall, the API doesn't explain that there are videos you can't see, it just returns them or doesn't, which is why the message says what it does.
(2013-05-22, 20:05)ruuk Wrote: I believe there are sometimes permissions that a friend has set that may prevent you from seeing their videos. It's been a while since I last tested, but I believe I've had friends with videos that I could see in a web browser, but couldn't see them in Facebook-Media. As I recall, the API doesn't explain that there are videos you can't see, it just returns them or doesn't, which is why the message says what it does.

Ohh I see. Just may be a coding mismatch. Well the picture portion seems to be working just fine. Well I guess I'll just settle on that. Guess the videos part will just have to wait. Thanks.
Guys, can you please advise on how to activate this plugin?
Every time try to do that (after I enter the PIN), I see a message: Failed to get token!

The only thing that I have in mind is that I am not authorizing the plugin to post on my behalf (I click on SKIP)? Is this making the difference?
I tried with the longer code on the bottom of the authorizing page and the result was not different. How to install latest version as well 0.8 or above? I have 0.6 installed through the add-on manager inside the XBMC?

Thank you
(2013-06-11, 06:16)todorakiggg Wrote: Guys, can you please advise on how to activate this plugin?
Every time try to do that (after I enter the PIN), I see a message: Failed to get token!

The only thing that I have in mind is that I am not authorizing the plugin to post on my behalf (I click on SKIP)? Is this making the difference?
I tried with the longer code on the bottom of the authorizing page and the result was not different. How to install latest version as well 0.8 or above? I have 0.6 installed through the add-on manager inside the XBMC?

Thank you

Try restarting your computer & making sure you are already logged into your FB account when applying the activation process.
Thanks, but this did not work.
How can I install the latest version?
What I downloaded was an archive with just one xml in it. Where do I need to put it?
(2013-06-11, 20:16)todorakiggg Wrote: Thanks, but this did not work.
How can I install the latest version?
What I downloaded was an archive with just one xml in it. Where do I need to put it?

Install my repo.

Download the file at the above link, use 'Install From Zip File' in xbmc and browse to and select the downloaded file to install the repo. Then you will be able to install the newest versions of my addons.
I've done that and it works fine already.
Your help is much appreciated.
(2013-06-11, 20:40)todorakiggg Wrote: I've done that and it works fine already.
Your help is much appreciated.

You know what, I actually completely forgot about his link. It totally skipped my mind. Sorry bro.
I tried to use this addon today- I get failed token as well. I clicked on the repo link but it goes to about/blank
Any help is appreciated- i could dig this if i can get it to work...
thanks.
(2013-06-24, 16:58)xdamageincx Wrote: I tried to use this addon today- I get failed token as well. I clicked on the repo link but it goes to about/blank
thanks.

Hello friend. The link ruuk posted still works. Just the most recent one he posted may have used a temporary URL. I'm not sure but, the one that still works is on page 24 of this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82500&page=24

Once there, search for Version 0.8.3. It's the third post on that page by ruuk. There you will find the link.

Also, for the sake of convenience, the hyperlink to the add-on leads to here.

Big Grin
(2013-06-24, 16:58)xdamageincx Wrote: I tried to use this addon today- I get failed token as well. I clicked on the repo link but it goes to about/blank
thanks.

The link on that post was empty. It's fixed now Smile

(2013-06-25, 07:07)Casey Stellar Wrote:
thanks.

Hello friend. The link ruuk posted still works. Just the most recent one he posted may have used a temporary URL. I'm not sure but, the one that still works is on page 24 of this thread.

Once there, search for Version 0.8.3. It's the third post on that page by ruuk. There you will find the link.

Big Grin

Thanks for helping out!
(2013-06-26, 19:46)ruuk Wrote:
thanks.

(2013-06-25, 07:07)Casey Stellar Wrote:
thanks.

Big Grin

Thanks for helping out!

No problem Big Grin
(2013-06-26, 21:40)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 19:46)ruuk Wrote:
thanks.

(2013-06-25, 07:07)Casey Stellar Wrote: Hello friend. The link ruuk posted still works. Just the most recent one he posted may have used a temporary URL. I'm not sure but, the one that still works is on page 24 of this thread.

Big Grin

Thanks for helping out!

No problem Big Grin

I uninstalled Facebook. Uploaded via zip your ruuk repo and installed it.
I am unable to download the facebook or another media browser app.
It starts to download - says: 0% then it just stops and nothing happens. Do you need a log for this issue or is there an easy solution?
(2013-06-30, 15:41)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 21:40)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 19:46)ruuk Wrote: The link on that post was empty. It's fixed now Smile

Thanks for helping out!

No problem Big Grin

I uninstalled Facebook. Uploaded via zip your ruuk repo and installed it.
I am unable to download the facebook or another media browser app.
It starts to download - says: 0% then it just stops and nothing happens. Do you need a log for this issue or is there an easy solution?

I don't think you're supposed to "uninstall" anything. I think you're supposed to just simply install the zip & use the features. Hopefully ruuk or another more experienced user will be on later to provide you with better assistance. I can try making a video for you if you think it will help... Also let us know exactly what you uninstalled. Try making a troubleshooting video as well. That's not essential but, it may help better examine what's going on.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2