Invalid Mode: Wb

want to send the log?

Always, please Smile
sent XDD ty
MarioXD Wrote:sent XDD ty

What?
ruuk Wrote:What?

I tested version 0.9.61 and I sent to you the log
Thanks for nice plugin Ruuk but I just tried it with Dharma and it fails Undecided I get the same error as Mario:

----------
Code:
Error

Unhandled error:
------

Running Vista.
I just posted to the repository. May take a while to become available. This should fix your error. Mario helped with many tests until it was fixed (thanks Mario Smile), I just hadn't posted it yet.

Xabre Wrote:Thanks for nice plugin Ruuk but I just tried it with Dharma and it fails Undecided I get the same error as Mario:

----------
Code:
Error

Unhandled error:
------

Running Vista.
got 0.9.7

upon load got error "01:55:37 T:2859473776 M:710950912 NOTICE: FACEBOOKPHOTOS: ERROR - Unhandled::? (429) - facebookSession instance has no attribute 'openSettings"

SOLUTION: Change line 354 of default.py to say self.settings()
instead of self.openSettings() , there is no function called openSettings

what an unexpected and fun crash course on python and django I've had to learn.
three problems:

1. one time the plugin asked me to log in and popped up the web browser script, logging in through that browser didn't seem to do anything... so then I right clicked and logged in through the addon settings. Not exactly sure which ones did what.

2. can't change accounts. I can't change which facebook account is logged in for the life of me. It shows the new account in the login settings, but it shows images and friends from the old account when running.

3. I noticed this when trying to fix problem 2, the passwords from the addon settings are stored in play text. Sad
First, thanks for pointing out the openSettings() problem. I actually needed to change it to self.settings().openSettings(), but in any case it will be in the next update. Now I'll try to address all the other problems you found for me Smile

cloudjacker Wrote:three problems:

1. one time the plugin asked me to log in and popped up the web browser script, logging in through that browser didn't seem to do anything... so then I right clicked and logged in through the addon settings. Not exactly sure which ones did what.
The Web Browser pops up either because you need to allow the Addon for that facebook account, or because for some reason the addon fails to access something and thinks you need to. The user and password settings are there because sometimes the addon needs to login to access things.
Quote:2. can't change accounts. I can't change which facebook account is logged in for the life of me. It shows the new account in the login settings, but it shows images and friends from the old account when running.
That's something I should fix. I've never had the occasion to log in a different account. As I said for #1 the login settings are just for if the Addon needs to login. Once the addon gets a token, it doesn't even need your username unless that token becomes invalid. For a quick fix, I believe if you delete the token file at addon_data/plugin.image.facebook/token you will be able to access the other account. I guess I'm just going to have to break down and add multiple account handling.
Quote:3. I noticed this when trying to fix problem 2, the passwords from the addon settings are stored in play text. Sad
Maybe one day I'll do something about that, but it's not a big priority to me. If someone has enough technical savvy to hack into my media player, they will have absolutely no problem figuring out the method to de-obfuscate the password since the python code to do it is in plain text as well. The only (relatively) safe way to save a password is to have it encrypted with some sort of key, which negates the advantage of saving it in the first place. I guess I could add an option to have it ask for the password when needed though.
ruuk Wrote:Maybe one day I'll do something about that, but it's not a big priority to me. If someone has enough technical savvy to hack into my media player, they will have absolutely no problem figuring out the method to de-obfuscate the password since the python code to do it is in plain text as well. The only (relatively) safe way to save a password is to have it encrypted with some sort of key, which negates the advantage of saving it in the first place. I guess I could add an option to have it ask for the password when needed though.

lol true, lets just say "cloudjacker" wasn't a completely random screenname lol.

One feature I'm thinking of would be showing thumbnails of the friend's faces/profile pictures instead of a folder in thumbnail mode. Can that be done without XBMC blowing up? Maybe a simple python-tastic forloop that just associates names with profile pictures.
now you have a user that wishes his wife could log on as a second user

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94067

I am interested in re-working the authorization. Is there anyway to create the bare essentials of the browser into a pop-up window to authorize the app?

secondly, where does the Authorization window come from? the one that says "please sign in and authorize the add-on and then re-start the plugin"
cloudjacker Wrote:now you have a user that wishes his wife could log on as a second user

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94067

I am interested in re-working the authorization. Is there anyway to create the bare essentials of the browser into a pop-up window to authorize the app?

secondly, where does the Authorization window come from? the one that says "please sign in and authorize the add-on and then re-start the plugin"

I plan to get around to adding multi-user capability. I've been busy... life has been happening around my house in a large way recently.

I'm sure it would be possible to simplify the authorization, but the reason it works as it does is because I was making an attempt to not violate the facebook 'Terms Of Use', and also this way is more 'future change' proof (by that I mean that changes in the page format won't keep it from working)

As to the second question, it's a dialog at the bottom of the script:

xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(__language__(30111),__language__(30112),__language__(30113),__language__(30114))

The __language__ calls do a great job of obfuscating what is going on. If only the dumb-ass programmer wasn't so lazy with his code commenting... oh wait I'm the dumb-ass programmer. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2