• 3(current)
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote
Karoshi Wrote:Is this also compatible with an XBMC installation on an XBOX?
I've multiple XBOX's around the house (living room, terras, bed room,...). Is it possible to switch between different systems like I do on my XBMC remote app for iPhone?

Thanks for your great work. Looks cool and fast!

Hi Karoshi,
Thanks. This app does supports multiple XBMC servers and switching between them. And altough I haven't tried with XBMC on XBOX's, I believe it should work as long as xbox has suport for JSON RPC API. I will try it tonight and will post the findings.
I tried on old XBOX and it seems my version didn't have JSON RPC so it doesn't work. If there is enough interest, I will probably add support for HTTP-Api as well. Let me know if you absolutely need it.

BTW, look forward for the next update. Its major..... Smile
Just FYI. There is another XBMC Remote which is not this one on marketplace. Please be advised to pick the one from "ashtech software" when looking for XBMC Remote from this thread.
For all the people who are going to buy windows phone 7, here is the early peek of next set of features coming (more info - http://ashterisk.wordpress.com/)

Coming soon features -

1. Movies by genre, released year
  2. Watched information for movies/episodes.
  3. Recently added movies/episodes
  4. Redesigned contextual app bar.
  5. Download songs to local device & play locally.
  6. Integration with Music+Video hub (all your local songs information will be updated and app can be launched from Music+Video hub).
  7. Feedback bar on top of the app.
  8. Storing your local playlist across reboots (automatically resume music when you launch the app again).
  9. Running under locked screen.

Now some visuals -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Looks really nice hello_man. I'm very interested in win phone 7. Just waiting a little bit longer for it to prove itself. If I get one I'll definitely be picking this up!
Smile 
Hi everyone,
I just made the shift to XMBC last night from an xbox 360 media centre....all I can say is OMG (i used XBMC years ago on my old old xbox but had no idea it would come this far).....Its truely awesome, and does what you need from a media centre....

I am using a Win7 HTC Mozart and the app works well and connects, and populates pretty quickly. However in the TV shows hub it will only let me scroll down to 7 or 8 of the tiles and wont let me scroll any further. If I try really hard I can just get the 9th tile to appear, but bounces back up Sad

Also the music doesnt seem to populate (its blank) - This (may) be down to my set up. I have Windows Project Vail beta refresh (the New beta Windows Home Server) with all the media on it, and upstairs (wired) an 8Gb Lenovo T61p running Windows 7 and XMBC Dharma beta 4.

I'm just in the process of building another one for the lounge Big Grin

With things like BBC Iplayer in the UK it would be great to interact with add-ons, as currently the remote crashed when switching from iplayer to another TV Show....If it could display the same data as the available on demand stuff on the remote that would be useful, and finally a possible trackpad option?

But all in all a great app, and well designed and look forward to the next release Big Grin
blakjak3000 Wrote:Hi everyone,
I just made the shift to XBMC last night from an xbox 360 media centre....all I can say is OMG (i used XBMC years ago on my old old xbox but had no idea it would come this far).....Its truely awesome, and does what you need from a media centre....

I am using a Win7 HTC Mozart and the app works well and connects, and populates pretty quickly. However in the TV shows hub it will only let me scroll down to 7 or 8 of the tiles and wont let me scroll any further. If I try really hard I can just get the 9th tile to appear, but bounces back up Sad

Also the music doesnt seem to populate (its blank) - This (may) be down to my set up. I have Windows Project Vail beta refresh (the New beta Windows Home Server) with all the media on it, and upstairs (wired) an 8Gb Lenovo T61p running Windows 7 and XBMC Dharma beta 4.

I'm just in the process of building another one for the lounge Big Grin

With things like BBC Iplayer in the UK it would be great to interact with add-ons, as currently the remote crashed when switching from iplayer to another TV Show....If it could display the same data as the available on demand stuff on the remote that would be useful, and finally a possible trackpad option?

But all in all a great app, and well designed and look forward to the next release Big Grin

thanks. Can you help me repro this? If you can send me private I'm with any information, then that would be great
Hi, just got the update :-D it fixed the scrolling issue but still no music.
Will send more data shortly

Keep up the awesome work! Best looking remote app out there!
blakjak3000 Wrote:Hi, just got the update :-D it fixed the scrolling issue but still no music.
Will send more data shortly

Keep up the awesome work! Best looking remote app out there!

Thanks. It seem it could be related to your setup. What I have seen is that if you have not scanned your music directory, it does show up in your libraries. Make sure you right click on you music folder and say scan library or something like that in XBMC. Hope that will solve the issue.

Also, if you like the app, I hope you can reflect it in your review at marketplace. Smile

thanks.
So the XBMC Remote is the first app I've bought for my HTC HD7 and it's really amazing. The new features are great, especially the "movies by year"-sorting.

Just 2 little things that I don't like:

1. The icons on the start screen. This gradient in the background just doesn't match to the Metro UI of Windows Phone 7. I like the older ones more:
Old Icons
or this simple one from this app:
Icons of "Box Remote"

2. If I change the poster art in the tv series they didn't replace the ones in the cache.

Really, really great work! Thank you very much!
ThinkingShip Wrote:So the XBMC Remote is the first app I've bought for my HTC HD7 and it's really amazing. The new features are great, especially the "movies by year"-sorting.

Just 2 little things that I don't like:

1. The icons on the start screen. This gradient in the background just doesn't match to the Metro UI of Windows Phone 7. I like the older ones more:
Old Icons
or this simple one from this app:
Icons of "Box Remote"

2. If I change the poster art in the tv series they didn't replace the ones in the cache.

Really, really great work! Thank you very much!

Awesome. Glad to hear that you like it and thanks for the feedback. I will look into this and see what I can do in the next release.

Also, if you can rate the app on marketplace, that would great.
How do you get Banner mode to work? The app is just downloading posters. (which looks really goofy.) I used the Fanart/Logo script to download banners but that didn't seem to work.

So I deleted some folder.jpg posters and replaced them with banners, but they still don't seem to show up.

Am I doing something wrong? Are you using the XBMC cached files (i.e should I clear xbmc's cache to get them to work?)
weldon Wrote:How do you get Banner mode to work? The app is just downloading posters. (which looks really goofy.) I used the Fanart/Logo script to download banners but that didn't seem to work.

So I deleted some folder.jpg posters and replaced them with banners, but they still don't seem to show up.

Am I doing something wrong? Are you using the XBMC cached files (i.e should I clear xbmc's cache to get them to work?)

In my case, the banner images are returned by default as part of JSON RPC apis when asked for TVShows information.

If you are changing images on the XBMC server, make sure to clear XBMC cache (because I believe the images are served from there ) and also uninstall XBMC remote app and re-install. XBMC remote caches teh images and as of now, there is no option in the app to clear it. (next update hopefully).

Let me know how it goes.
hello_man Wrote:I tried on old XBOX and it seems my version didn't have JSON RPC so it doesn't work. If there is enough interest, I will probably add support for HTTP-Api as well. Let me know if you absolutely need it.

BTW, look forward for the next update. Its major..... Smile

Would appreciate the effort Smile
I like these old cheap xboxes as media players although they can't play full hd they are great for music distribution through the house.

It's either this ord I'll have to get me a tablet to open the webserver which is less eyecatching and more cluncky...
hello_man Wrote:In my case, the banner images are returned by default as part of JSON RPC apis when asked for TVShows information.

If you are changing images on the XBMC server, make sure to clear XBMC cache (because I believe the images are served from there ) and also uninstall XBMC remote app and re-install. XBMC remote caches teh images and as of now, there is no option in the app to clear it. (next update hopefully).

Let me know how it goes.

Ok, ill try that. One 'feature' i'd like to see is ability to hold down a key on the 'remote'. For scrolling through things, i'd like to be able to just hold down the key and have it work.

Also, on the main page, the description for remote is:
'Control your server like a remote' reads awkwardly.

It seems like it should be changed, since your controlling xbmc, and the 'like a remote' is the application, not the server.

edit:
when something is playing and you click on the icon, and get to the now playing section, and then pan to 'queue', the progress bar continuously goes; it probably doesn't need to.

Great app though, can tell a lot of time was put into it Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote0