• 6(current)
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for this APP! I just downloaded after finding it on the Zune software, I should've come to the XBMC forums first.

$3 is a great price as well! Well worth it, you did an excellent job and I look forward to continued updates.

You should heed the reviews you've received, and write an in APP how-to. Although one of your reviewers, Wolf, did this for you in his review. I used his steps and had mine running within 30 seconds! I would suggest copy and paste his steps into your APP and your reviews will all be 5 STARS.

Good job and thanks, now to impress my wife, always a good thing. Wink
steve711 Wrote:Hey I just wanted to say thanks for this APP! I just downloaded after finding it on the Zune software, I should've come to the XBMC forums first.

$3 is a great price as well! Well worth it, you did an excellent job and I look forward to continued updates.

You should heed the reviews you've received, and write an in APP how-to. Although one of your reviewers, Wolf, did this for you in his review. I used his steps and had mine running within 30 seconds! I would suggest copy and paste his steps into your APP and your reviews will all be 5 STARS.

Good job and thanks, now to impress my wife, always a good thing. Wink

thanks Steve. I added a video tutorial yesterday but I guess have an in-app instructions page will be useful. I will try to include that in the next release.
Thanks for using the app.
I must say, excellent work on this app. Is it possible to be able to add the ability to use the phone's keyboard to enter text within XBMC? That would put this app over the top. Thank you for all your hard work.
gwhiz25 Wrote:I must say, excellent work on this app. Is it possible to be able to add the ability to use the phone's keyboard to enter text within XBMC? That would put this app over the top. Thank you for all your hard work.
You got it. I have been thinking about it for a while. Will add in future releases.
Thanks for using it.
So I am trying to add support for non wide banners for TV shows but I am not able to configure my xbmc to return me posters.
What do I need to do so that I can test repro the problem.
Can somebody provide me steps?
Thanks
Heya, I'm a big fan of your program Nod also liked the regular updates Smile

Have a feature request too:
Could you add a button (small, preferably on the first screen) which restarts xbmc? (so just the program, not the entire pc)
Because when connected via HDMI via a receiver XBMC tends to switch resolutions alot and often ends up with either a wrong resolution, or sluggish video playback. Restart of XBMC seems to fix both of those problems mostly.

Tried alot of settings for the ATI card, but none of them solved it.

(Dharma final)

Either way, keep up the good work! Yours is the only app I've bought so far Nod
Hello Man,

I just noticed that when browsing my movies on the phone that any collections I have I cannot see the actual individual movies' information.

For instance, I have all of the Star Wars movies in a collection labeled Star Wars. I see the collection name in the titles list, however I cannot see or select the individual movie title. Am I missing something here on how to get to the individual movies?

Thanks for the help.
steve711 Wrote:Hello Man,

I just noticed that when browsing my movies on the phone that any collections I have I cannot see the actual individual movies' information.

For instance, I have all of the Star Wars movies in a collection labeled Star Wars. I see the collection name in the titles list, however I cannot see or select the individual movie title. Am I missing something here on how to get to the individual movies?

Thanks for the help.
Yeah, XBMC Remote doesn't show individual file information yet.
jkommeren Wrote:Heya, I'm a big fan of your program Nod also liked the regular updates Smile

Have a feature request too:
Could you add a button (small, preferably on the first screen) which restarts xbmc? (so just the program, not the entire pc)
Because when connected via HDMI via a receiver XBMC tends to switch resolutions alot and often ends up with either a wrong resolution, or sluggish video playback. Restart of XBMC seems to fix both of those problems mostly.

Tried alot of settings for the ATI card, but none of them solved it.

(Dharma final)

Either way, keep up the good work! Yours is the only app I've bought so far Nod
Thanks. I will see what I can do,
hello_man Wrote:Thanks. I will see what I can do,
Thanks man, although it's not really a pripority issue any more for me; I'm using a small http server program which runs a script on the xbmc pc when activated. Works o.k. for now.

Another nice feature might be playlist support though!!!! That I would really appreciate. (unless it's already there and I missed it)
Think this app is fantastic and works really well with my recently acquired XBMC Live set up - thanks for your efforts.

Only question I have is that I can't use the app to shutdown XBMC? I can pull up the 'shutdown/restart/exit' menu and select an option with the cursor but the OK button fails to work at this stageHuh

Is this right?
It could be xbmc itself for safeguarding. I will try and let you know.
Ok thanks.

Just to let you know I can use the shutdown timer feature fine with the remote just not the actual instant shutdown command.

Worse case scenario I just use 1 a minute timer each time Big Grin
Nice program, tnx.

Is it possible to support internet radio ad-ons?
ipabs Wrote:My router is a bit rubbish and has problems with UPnP, so even though I have the UPnP settings turned on in XBMC Network Settings, I manually forwarded port 81 in my router configuration. I recommend manually setting up a port forward rather than using UPnP, it's just a more reliable method imho.

Router Configuration

Forwards UDP and TCP on port 81 to my PC running XBMC

I seem to be having issues with gaining access to the port on my HTPC. I correctly named the server according to my HTPC's name on the network, even tried changing from port 80 to various other port numbers (81, 85, 8068, etc.). I tried the test to do hhp://myIP:port/jsonrpc from another pc on the network, and it did not prompt me for login- just said google could not find the page

I am not familiar with establishing port forwarding in my router settings, so could you help me through that? I'm really excited to use the app, but for the life of me I cannot get it to connect!

Thanks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote0